CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GC2 Cradle

Sand Wedge Dwayne is on a distinguished road

GC2 Cradle

Anyone buy the GC2 cradle from Foresight? If so how thick is the aluminum it's made of?

I was thinking of making one myself as it looks kind of flimsy on their website.

Any thoughts?

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    I have it and use it all the time, it gives you peace of mind, it has screw in legs so you can adjust hight.

Sand Wedge JBimsal is on a distinguished road
    It's a few mm thick. I wouldn't use the gc2 without it. One wrong ball, or a weird bounce, bad day.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Buy it. Dont use GC2 without it.

My balls have a habit of any bounce back landing on the screen! The old cradle did not have the screen covered/protected but the new design does.

I had friends over last night and one of them commented he didn't feel comfortable hitting the ball so close to the GC2 knowing how much it costs. I'm confident in my swing so it hasn't really bothered me. I have a sheet metal department in my company so I'll get something made next week.

Andisblue
    Has anyone modded their cradle? I plan to plexiglass the openings, and come up with a way so that the gc doesn't have any wiggle room within the cradle

Quote Originally Posted by Andisblue View Post
    Has anyone modded their cradle? I plan to plexiglass the openings, and come up with a way so that the gc doesn't have any wiggle room within the cradle
    Can I ask why?

My plan was to use plexiglass/lexan over the lcd display and camera's. Upon further thoughts though I think that it will effect the cameras and flash/sensors if they are covered (the longer plastic strip above the flash looks to be ir sensors). I'm going to try aluminum to protect the camera/sensors with lexan over the lcd display so it looks better.

Andisblue: Do you find the gc2 moves too much inside the cradle? My gc2 is currently sitting uncovered on a separate mini platform that is the same high as my stance platform. I find I don't get any movement but my stance platform is fairly solid and doesn't move

Andisblue
    When I bring the gc2 to the range, I notice that some grass/dirt ends up on the screen/buttons. This made me concerned that I might also get dirt on the camera. This may not hurt it, and I wouldn't really care so much if he unit was only a couple of hundred $.

I have a sheet of lexan, but I haven't tested it yet. Covering the LCD for sure, at least. That longer plastic strip seems to help the ball-finding camera. If you kneel down to it's level and watch it as you move the ball across it's field of view , it's flashes follow the ball.

As for wiggle room - it's just a small amount of side shifting that is allowed. I also don't have my unit on my stance mat when using it in the garage, so it would never just shift on it's own. Its just easy to accidentally move the gc2 inside the cradle after aligning it. Maybe some weather stripping or a rubber bumper would help.
    Last edited by Andisblue; 07-04-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Don't do it, sell kids, Wife, body, house first.

Asics
    Has anyone ever hit the GC2 with a shot? It would take really bad shot to hit it and I didn't buy the cradle, but my 8 year old hit one uncomfortably close the other day. Now rethinking. If any DIY method works well, please post.

Only on rebound. Buy one .

Thread Information