CorporateGolfXtra 2024

Threaded View

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar

22* Trouble-Out Info and Advice

-- Yes, this is OEM, because I wonder what OEM suggestions you may have (If this shouldn't be in this folder, sorry). --

I'm thinking of experimenting with a 22* or 23* wood for the 190-205 range to replace both my 3 and 4 irons to be much better out of the rough and to land softer. I'm planning on putting a pretty stiff shaft in it. I'm considering a 22* Cleveland Launcher or perhaps the cheap way out, a 22* Maltby Trouble-Out (2004 version). Whatever my choice the face must have grooves through the centre of the face to produce sufficient spin out of wet grass.

I've been looking for something with enough head weight so I can go with a shorter shaft, and a flat enough lie that will work for my short stature.
    (My daughter thought this one was appropriate...)

Seriously, what have your experiences been with this club: overall accuracy, accuracy off the fairway, tendency to balloon, usefulness out of the rough, and any other info you think helpful.

Thanks!

Just found a heavier possibility: Maltby CT-250 hybrid. 234g at 20* and 240g at 24* plus more reasonable 58.7*(?) and 59* lie angles. Anyone hit these??
    Last edited by PowerFade; 02-15-2005 at 09:40 PM. Reason: CT-250 Hybrid possibility

Thread Information