CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road

V1 vs Cswig vs Other - Tells us your experience with implementing your video analysis

BACKGROUND
    Prepared to get started on doing a cost / benefit trade on swing analysis software to integrate into the room by the Fall for me. I haven't don't any real research yet.

Some of my friends that teach seem to use V1 as a standard but it's expensive. Several members seemt to use DIYO cswing which can save money in theory.

Not sure of any other options.

Inerested in both DTL and face on views. Interested in very high speed camera. My currently cam is slow and the club head at 110 mph is not visible. Would like the ability to track the club head in slow motion to see its position ideally.

QUESTIONS
    1. For those that have a setup can you explain what you have, what type of cameras, FPS of cameras, and advantages / disadvantages you feel wtih the setup.

2. What type of cost is it? Can you itemize each component as a ball park?

3. Any difficulties in installing?
    * how many firewire cards do you need in the computer for two simultaneous cameras

4. Any options of buying pre-owed super high speed cameras? From where?
    5. What are your favorite features of the setup

6. How much room do you need from camera to golfer both sides
    * can use fish lenses if one side you don't have much room - curious shortest amount of room one can use

7. Is there a way to have it integrated with the foresight GC2 so I can have balls hit on the range on the GC2 on the big screen and have the video analysis show on my touch screen next to the golfer in parallel OR vice versa rather than one or the other at a time?

anyone have either V1 or CSwing and can explain your setup? looking to upgrade my video swing analysis but not sure which way to go yet...

thanks.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    There is a thread showing how to set up playstation eye cam on v1. Mount it on a tripod. I can get 75 fps.
    And there is a discount code to make v1 pro $19.95. Well worth a try for 1 cam- $30 all up.

Will paste link when I find it.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...analysis/page2

Note discount code VSWING.

Ps eye driver must be run in advanced mode.

Wow CPA! $30 can't beat it. Please let me know if you find the lnk. I did a quick search and didn't see it. Thanks again.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I use cswing with two cameras. **Cswing works with firewire and NOT Usb cameras. *Not sure why. **I know v1 works with both.

If you go firewire - You need seperate firewire cards for each camera even if your cards have multiple ports on them. *I have tried.

My cams are panasonic gs320's which are decent - biggest issue indoors is getting enough light. More light the better shutter speed you can enable to get clearer view of club head. **This cam is 30fps, however.

The only software that i have seen advertising working with newer high speed cams with 100+ fps is swingcatalyst . *Believe they itnegrate with a few LM's as well - not sure if foresight is one of them.

http://www.swingcatalyst.com/

They also have some neat features like A balance plate that allows you to see weight distribution throughout the motion. Worth taking a look at - its seems expensive though.

I have cswing triggered by microphone and replays my swing from two angles right after each shot on a seperate monitor. **I have the foresight software and cswing running at the same time without too much issue. **I hit my shot - view the simulation on the impact screen then look over at my monitor to view my swing replaying a bunch of t imes. **Cswing has a neat feature where you can specify how many times to replay swings before going back to live mode and waiting for next shot to be hit.. *I have not seen other software that lets you replay multiple times without interaction.

I love this setup because i can just hit balls and look over to view my swing replaying. *I have it set to 7 replays. *This gives me enough views to see things . **I can also go over to computer to save certain swings if i choose to review later. *But in this live mode it will not save swings unless you go to computer to do so.

I also have wide angle lenses on both cameras as i dont have a lot of room. *Probably 6ft from the front view and 12 from down line. **I had to get an ultra wide angle lense to see myself from front view. *There is some fisheye using this ultra wide lense but its still decent. *These were pretty cheap off ebay <50 bucks. *I would guess there are better ones that wont distort as much.

If you are going to look into these high speed cameras i would make sure to understand the lighting requirements to get the high fps out of them. **For me, *i cant get everything out of my current cams unless i open the garage door to let enough light in.

My setup was

2 Panasonic cams -500 total used off ebay
    2 wide angle lenses -100 off ebay.
    Long firewire cables - 25 from monoprice
    Cswing - 150
    2 tripods - 40 or so
    Microphone - 30 or so.

Believe thats it .

thegolfer- the link was posted in first line

As I said buy PSeye for $10 (bet your kids have one anyway)
    VSwing pro for $19.95 with code VSWING
    install Code Laboratories driver for PS Eye

FaultyClubs assisted with-
    "The driver must be switched into "Advanced" mode in order to go above 30 FPS. The only way to do that is as described in the first post in this thread ( http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/154/P0/ )

It's quite easy (once you understand it)...requiring only the ability to blindly copy/paste four text lines as per the instructions. "

As I said the max I have managed is 75 fps. PS Eye is very good in low light,
    Only one cam but heh for $30 better that a poke in the eye with a sharp or blunt stick. The VSwing pro gets you the microphone trigger which is necessary.

When I want to spend some cash I will buy some high speed USB3 cams. As they are new I am sure Sony may put USB3 on the next playstation and a new usb3 Eye Cam can be used rather than paying abour $800 per usb3 cam!

Swingcatalist sounds good. I am still waiting for SwingProfile to get their act together given the awards they won recently.

PS PS eye has a microphone in it.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I am a big fan of the PS3eye. Great little cam!

Thread Information