CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    jazman

Talking An Excellent Golf Experience

Good Day Everyone,

I am an average golfer with sparse time to spend on the course due to work/life. When I do have the time to play, I like a challenging course. I do NOT like 6.5 hour rounds.

Much like the Creek, I found Stonebridge to be very well managed. The much debated 2:20 rule was unnecessary as my foursome was through 9 in 1:55.

I found the day relaxing, the course excellent and the experience an A+.

Kudos to the STAFF at the course who were courteous, informative and good-spirited the entire day(this includes when my friend "placed" a pulled 3-iron onto the Marshall's cart!) .

Similar experiences at area courses would be appreciated.

Jeremy Gordon

Sand Wedge michaeld is on a distinguished road
    Agreed on Stonebridge. The pace is to the minute on a Saturday morning. I think they pulled someone off ahead of me at the cross-over when they got slow.

The course design is VVG, mounding and choices, bunkers everywhere. Elevation changes make it tough. The greens are just settling in, they were being watered after some burn in the hot weather. I guess they can't cut them too short until the roots and thatch build up. As it matures and the greens firm up, this is place will be very great. It is great now.

Best housing development I've played in, no backyards and pools in play (except for the tee on East 3, right beside a pool which can be noisy).

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Thumbs up Stonebridge

Stonebridge is A1. We had a awesome experience playing there and I would hope other courses in the area implement there tee-times method.

2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar

Falcon Ridge

Playing Falcon Ridge this Friday the 10th. The course officially opens on the 11th, however I managed to aquire an invitation the day before.

The first 9 opens this year with the 2nd opening the middle of the next. 3800+yds from the tips and 3691 from the whites will make anybody cringe. Not a bad place to be (7 min from the airport) either. I'm especially interested in the fifth hole par 5 630 yd. I was told to bring lots of balls because, although the fairways are wide, if you're off they're gone.

Sounds good so far, keep you posted

JimmyW

PS took a look at the tee sheet and don't quote me but it appeared to be 10 minute t-times (probably just for a while tho.):roller

RulesNut Gary Hill is on a distinguished road Gary Hill's Avatar
    The British Open uses 10 minutes times for the final PAIRINGS.

Anthing less than 10 minutes tee times on a public golf course is just a money grab by the owners. Some facilities actually insert many blank "starter times" in their 7 or 8 minutes tee sheets because they KNOW they can't possibly keep that pace. If the starter gets them off the first tee, the players just pile up on a Par 3 anyway.

It is a shame that the situation has to become intolerable before a few courses will change their policy.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

just another....

Just another classic example of the crass disrespect of the public golfer by your average course owner.

Personally, I'm glad there are so many courses in this area (and counting), and as some of these good new courses open, I'm glad I don't have to keep shovelling my money into the coffers of course owners whose product I don't enjoy.

:mad

spidey

2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar

Played Falcon Ridge

For a course that's only been open 3 days, it's sweeeeet.

I'm a little biased here so bear with me. I played on Fri. @ 8:40 with my wife, some older gentleman member from Raceview, and Booker Kinkaid from X-FM. 10 min. t-times w/ 50+ people going out from 7:30am on and I never saw a body (front or behind) until the 7th tee.

New greens (obviously) but big for the most part and everything's growing in really nice. Fairways are wide all over but I'll tell you this with all seriousness - on almost half the holes you might as well kiss your ball goodbye before you hit it, because you aint gonna find it if it didn't land where you wanted it to.

Time-- four people w/ carts and no waiting until the 7th tee and even then it wasn't much of a wait (a minute or two) 2hrs 45 min 8:40-11:25 (long course, 3700 yds from whites)

Score--I normally shoot 92-96 on Cloverdale, Emerald, Casselview etc. On 9 holes (with all penalties for lost balls) 62

Memorable Hole--7th, 5 off the tee(don't ask) and I shot 11 (marked 9) on a 375yd dog-leg right in the middle of a forest.

Price--Don't quote me but I think $16, or $25 for RV and FR

JimmyW

:roller

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

Falcon Ridge

Where is this course?
    I haven't found any info on it!!
    Sounds like fun!!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Falcon Ridge is at Raceview. Right across from the Racetrack on Albion Rd. The course is actually on High Rd You cannot miss it.

It is the name for the new 9 holes, which will be extended to 18 next season. It is a par 38 measuring 3800 yards from the back tees.

I also played there on Friday and I have been meaning to write up my impressions, but had a very busy weekend so here goes...

The first few holes of the new nine are fairly flat. The wind on Friday was a good 4 clubs so it made the first half of that nine play VERY long into the wind. The 5th hole turns back and was downwind, and it was a good thing, as that hole is 630 yards!

I too lost 3 balls on the tight and sharp dogleg #7. It is a cool hole but unfortunately when everyone in the group is looking for balls, I think it is a bit too tight for a hole that requires 220 yards off the tee to reach the corner. :crying

8 is another longish par 5 with a pretty big lake to clear on the second shot. The hole is in a valley between the dunes, so it is nicely framed.

9 is a very cool hole teeing off down into a valley and then back uphill to the clubhouse. Probably the best hole on the course, and it caped the day off nicely.

Thread Information