100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar

Ways to make this Site even better!

Hi all:

As some might or might not have noticed, there’s a new line on the main page called “Active Users” that shows the number of members (and guests) that are on the forums at any given time. I asked Dan if this was a possibility to install on OGC because I have noticed that, while browsing other forums, (music, electronics, etc.) there was an active list that told me who was also on at the same time as me. Because you get to know the usernames of the people of the forums you frequent, it became very easy to strike up conversations and ask questions that you might not previously have done.

That being said, my next point is two-fold. One, upon my asking Dan about the active users box, his reply was that he would. Although he then said that he would remove it if anyone were to complain about such things as lack of anonymity for example (although after posting over 50 posts in the last year the only people I “know” are Dan, Nigel, and Spartacat TM)-and there are a lot of Jims in Russell if you can find me.

Secondly, I wanted to start a new thread called “Possible ways to make the site better” in the General Forum. Again, everybody has an idea they might have but unless you have a way to somehow project your thoughts through the screen no one else is going to hear them. Mine was the Active Users. I might get flamed but, oh well, you never know until you try do ya!!

Remember, keep your balls dry!

JW
    Last edited by JimmyW; 03-29-2002 at 08:54 PM.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I am really pleased to see people take such an active interest in what we are doing here at OttawaGolf. I am all ears to suggestions for anything to do with this site, or anything to do with golf in the area.

Thanks to all for helping to make OttawaGolf what it is, and what it may one day become

Andy4Par
    Please sign up for the Fantasy Golf Game

2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar

Another bright idea

At it again

I was PMing a couple of guys (some of which are members) and an idea came up; would it be possible or within reason to post where you're golfing in the near future to see if anyone wants to hook up just to meet- whether you're a member or not. I and another member (remember THAT conversation Dan??) golf CL a LOT on Sat mornings early am (first or second out) and it would be nicer to hook with two other members/posties.

Any thoughts?

JW

Done

Lookin' For a Game added to the forums.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Thumbs up wow

I tried to get in here this morning but it was down and was to
    re-open at 9 am.............came back in now and read the thread! Jimmy posts at 9:04 and then at 9:19 .....presto new post added!

And on the PGA they say "these guys are good".............

Well done Dan...........
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dan, one area of the Ottawa Golf site that I have found very useful is the Golf Links, especially when checking up on clubs, balls, and other gear. There is one site that you definitely need to add to this section, however:

http://www.golfclubreview.com

Many people on the forum have already made numerous references to this site. Not only does it have excellent equipment reviews, but it has tons of info on buying clubs, shafts, etc. It is one of the best golf equipment sites I've seen.

Thread Information