Hello everyone,

I'm new to golf - new as in... stepped on a golf course for the first time last week. I'm currently taking a couple of lessons to get me started with basics.

I plan on purchasing a beginner golf set that will last me around three years to a point when I'm ready to invest in serious equipment if I find myself getting more involved and enjoying the game of golf.

I've looked around in pro shops as well as dept. stores and the sets in the pro shops seem to be above my budget.

I have a couple of questions:

1. In terms of the make of a golf set, Dunlop and Wilson seem to be the primary choices that are available in my budget. Is one brand considered better over the other?

2. In terms of the shafts, I've read that I should go for steel shafts. Is there anything else I should consider?

3. Each golf set seems to come with different number of clubs. Now I think if there are more clubs in the set it will allow me to refine my game at a more granular level - but am I missing something here?

4. Some sets come with SW while others come with a PW. Does this matter?

Sorry about the many questions... but like I said I'm a beginner... even though I've done a fair bit of research through Google, there's a lot of information out there and sometimes it gets confusing.

Thanks in advance for your help.