CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Gopherhomes is on a distinguished road

David Duval's handicap

How many of us now have a lower handicap than the former #2. Right now he;s like +7 through 6, mind u he;s playing Spyglass but this. Project that and he'll be 90+. They should exemption exemptions to prevent golfers this bad from hacking up such a nice course. Anyway im a 7-8 handicap and i would play skins win duval anyday :>

lol, just noticed the other duval thread

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    I think he was actually ranked number one in the world at one time.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherhomes
    How many of us now have a lower handicap than the former #2. Right now he;s like +7 through 6, mind u he;s playing Spyglass but this. Project that and he'll be 90+. They should exemption exemptions to prevent golfers this bad from hacking up such a nice course. Anyway im a 7-8 handicap and i would play skins win duval anyday :>

Ya! 7-8 hdcp on a daily fee golf course. I would like to see you guys play your handicap on a 7200 yard course with PGA rough, slick greens and tucked pins.

I have a 7.2 index at a private club. I played Eagle Creek two days after the eagle creek classic. I played 96. I would like to mention that the CPGA pros ate that course up.

Duval may be playing very badly but I would bet my money on him over any of us hackers.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Well said mberube. My father in law played St Andrews a couple weeks after the Open and he got murdered! He was a 10 handicap at the time, but said the greens are so fast that you just can't believe it and once you hit rough, forget about it! Its easy for most of us to be fairly good golfers at these local courses where the conditions have to meet everyone. Even when you go to a tournament, in my experience(which isn't much), the course would still not even compare to what those guys play on. I will be the first one to say the Duval isn't playing well enough to be on tour but I bet you could take the best golfer on here or ANY of us and we would look like fools!
    Denny

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherhomes
    Anyway im a 7-8 handicap and i would play skins win duval anyday :>
    What the heck happened to Duval anyway? I know he has had health problems but there has got to be more to this story. How do you go from shooting 59 to 85? Doesn't make sense. I feel for the guy.

Gopherhomes, even at his worst, Duval would kick the crap out of any of us every time.

"These guys (even Duval) are good!"

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    I may have misunderstood Gopherhomes' intial post as I totally took it as a "tongue in cheek" sarcastic comment. I think he was just kidding and I thought it was pretty funny. Hey, if Duval can laugh at himself (in the Nike commercial where he breaks Tiger's car window) why can't we? Hey Gopherhomes, you were just kidding right?...Right?...

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I thought Duval was a candidate for the pga's most improved player in 2005. In fact, the February edition ( the one with the "hot list") of Golf Digest suggested it. I guess he's just building the drama up to go from 85 back to 59. He's caught a serious case of ibf syndrome.

Of course i was kidding and for the guy who took it serious and went all-out on the course difficulty and length, well just chill. Of course he would take me apart on a course up here. Oh and i see that he's doing better today. Even on the 10th hole. Ooops, he started on the back nine. Gl Dave. Work on that driving, Lory Kane is catching up.

Oh and one other thing, if Duvals hitting 12-16 over at Spyglass, i wonder how he'll do at say St. Andrews or Augusta...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    Ya! 7-8 hdcp on a daily fee golf course. I would like to see you guys play your handicap on a 7200 yard course with PGA rough, slick greens and tucked pins.

I have a 7.2 index at a private club. I played Eagle Creek two days after the eagle creek classic. I played 96. I would like to mention that the CPGA pros ate that course up.
    While generally valid, it's not always true. I currently play to an 11.6 but whenever I play the big baddies (Spyglass, Torrey Pines, Pinehurst, etc) I always play the back tees for fun. For whatever reason, I ALWAYS end up shooting way below my index.

Granted the greens are usually set to lightning speed for the tour guys, but most of those premier courses are very hard to lose a ball on compared to Stonebridge, which is where I usually play.

The way those tour guys hit the ball offline they'd lose a TON of balls in a similar setup without marshals, fans, etc.

Sand Wedge GLFTWN00 is on a distinguished road
    Give the guy a break he has had some personal issues. And remeber this hes there and ur here sitting at ur computer.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GLFTWN00
    Give the guy a break he has had some personal issues. And remeber this hes there and ur here sitting at ur computer.
    Gotta be careful there GLFTWN00, he's not the only person in the world with "personal issues".

The fact is, he's earned the right to be there. He's a major championship winner, he's won 13 times on tour, he's one of only three of thousands of players in hundreds of thousands of rounds in PGA Tour history to shoot 59 in competition and the only one to do it in the final round, and for 3 months in 1999 he was "the man", the King of the golf universe. One of only 12 in 18 years of the World Golf rankings to not have to look up.

I can guarantee that anyone who loves the game on this forum, would give anything to be able to have that same opportunity.

DD may be frustrated and despondent about the state of his game, but he's not showing it. And he has the grace and dignity to not take out his frustrations on the media, the fans, or anyone else who asks him the same stupid questions, day in and day out.

He's using the time that he's earned to try and find the magic again, and if he doesn't in the time he has left, my bet is that he will bow out gracefully and have no regrets.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Well said LobWedge

Miracle
    Did anyone get to see the mini feature they did on Duval on Wednesday? They showed him practicing at a mini putt facility . No wonder his game is in the dumps.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

David Duval

I honestly feel David just lacks the motivation to play on the PGA. He is now married, happy and content. Maybe he does not have the drive anymore.
    That being the case as one of the other posts stated he has the right to be out there playing PGA events. Until he loses that right then it is up to him if he wants to play.

I remember his 59, what a round that was.

I remember when he won The Open Championship.

As for any of us beating him on a course set up to PGA standards, good luck with that! They play Par 4's that are as long as most muni's Par 5's! How many Par 3's do we play with yardages around 220-240? Not many around here where I live. Longest Par 3 on my course is 201.

Remember Ian Baker-Finch? Guy was at the top of his game one year and fell off the planet in the next two seasons. It happens to us, it can happen to them.

I hope David makes it back to where he can compete as I really enjoyed watching him in the heat of the battle. Always wearing the shades, (although he he wore them to prevent pollen and dust from getting in his eyes) he was cool to watch.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    Lets hope he gets his game back. He has the tools now he just needs to take them out of the box.....
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracle
    Did anyone get to see the mini feature they did on Duval on Wednesday? They showed him practicing at a mini putt facility . No wonder his game is in the dumps.
    Considering he hasnt made much $$$ on the tour, I would imagine an appearance fee is warranted here.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Who can blame him...maybe his original goal was just to become a millionaire. If I didn't LIKE golf, but had the skills, I'd do what he did...win and get out.

Thread Information