CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Jon Robert is on a distinguished road

Good plan or not? Buy both

Is this a good plan or not? Buy both simulators

Part 1) Buy the P3Proswing. I read and conclude (right or wrong I don't know yet) That I should buy the P3Proswing for superior accuracy in my quest to improve my swing

Part 2) Forget the additional fee course for the P3Proswing and save money by just buying the Optishot for what I read is superior graphics and many more free courses. Overall buying both would cost less.

Am I over estimating the value of the P3Pro over the optishot for swing accuracy. I seem to perceive that most of the choosing of Opti over the P3 is because the commenter values the graphics and courses over the swing data. And thus pass on the P3 for that reason, while those that are not focused on the graphics are inclined to get the p3. Correct or incorrect?

I read that the opti will regisiter a good ball flight even when the ball was topped. Is this the care with the P3 also?

Would buying both be the best of both worlds or is the opti really just as good for swing data and thus an equal improvemment tool?

Also is the opti equally expandable with camers, launch monitors etc as the P3?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Do some more reading Jon. I would not suggest getting both. The accuracy of either the Optishot or P3 pro is very suspect. You would be better of looking at other more accurate sims.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Buying both is a definite waste of money in my mind. Neither unit is particularly good and two times bad does not make better. Rather than buy both, save your money, research here some more, and buy a better unit.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I've had the P3pro for several years and found it was useful for swing improvements. A friend of mine has an Optishot and I have to admit it is better from an entertainment standpoint.

You will find a lot of opinions on both of these units on this forum and I might suggest you do a search. You will no doubt come away with the spectrum of opinions.

I think either can provide some game improvements, if that's what your are looking for, depending on your skill level. For example, I'm a 5 handicap, I was a 3 but I changed my swing to try and improve, and I find the P3pro no longer provides sufficiently accurate feedback I need to improve. If you have a handicap of over 10 or maybe 12 (SWAG), then I think the P3pro will help. For higher handicap players I think it provides great feeback.

If you're looking for entertainment, to me the Optishot is the way to go. It will also provide some game improvements, although perhaps not as much as the P3pro.

To me, both of these units are a good place to start.

Thread Information