100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
    Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Small town cheap?

I Laughed out loud last night when I saw the news showing the highlights of the Gomery inquiry into the infamous "sponsorship scandal". Former PM Jean Chretien pulled an array of golf balls out of his briefcase while on the witness stand, and claimed that his program for monogramed golf balls was not (as judge Gomery accused) "small town cheap". He even produced a promotional ball he got from the law firm where the inquiry head investigator works, as well as judge Gomery's daughter!

Does anyone know what kind of balls JC was handing out? His hcp? I put this in the general golf forum not off topic, to hopefully avoid any political debates.
    Last edited by Sakuraba; 02-09-2005 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    A friend of mine played golf with JC and his bodyguard last year in Shawinigan, he had a great time, he said JC was a very average player.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    A friend of mine played golf with JC and his bodyguard last year in Shawinigan, he had a great time, he said JC was a very average player.
    You could witness that when he played heads up with Tiger, what was it 5 years ago at the Canadian open?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    You could witness that when he played heads up with Tiger, what was it 5 years ago at the Canadian open?
    How ironic, he was playing "heads up" *somewhere* with the Canadian people for 10 years!!!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    How ironic, he was playing "heads up" *somewhere* with the Canadian people for 10 years!!!
    Thank god we have Paul Martin, Stephen Harper or Jack Layton to choose from...all incredible leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Thank god we have Paul Martin, Stephen Harper or Jack Layton to choose from...all incredible leaders.
    Dude, before this goes any further, I did not intend to start some stupid political "opinion war".... It was a joke about our former PM who is viewed world-round as somewhat unintelligible. Saying he played the people (who have our collective heads up our collective *****), for suckers is more a comment about the voters than the leader, even though some of us saw through the smoke and mirrors put up by his successor, Mr. "I. Dunno" Martin.

Cheers,
    Dan

Lob Wedge footwedge is on a distinguished road
    Since this is a golf board....

I saw highlights on tv (if you can call them that) of Chretien on the course playing along on a fairway. He moved his ball with his club to a preferred lie and then continued on.

He cheats ! ....and now don't you guys start with the "maybe it was preferred-lie-play" or "maybe he was in an under repair area"...give me a break.

And one more thing, what does the purchase of golf balls have to do with saving Canada from Quebec separation?....My oh my, the contempt that he shows in spending my money!

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

What price cheap?

Given the price per ball, I really don't see how it can be called cheap! But then, I'm not a political animal either. However, I would rather have a bad golfer for a good politician than the other way round.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Anyone seen "Welcome to Mooseport"? That was the funniest golf I've seen since Charles Barkley.... Love Ray Romano counting strokes on the first hole....

Dan

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Still waiting to find out if he was giving out Pro V1 or top flite x-outs, then I'll decide who is cheap. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Dude, before this goes any further, I did not intend to start some stupid political "opinion war".... It was a joke about our former PM who is viewed world-round as somewhat unintelligible. Saying he played the people (who have our collective heads up our collective *****), for suckers is more a comment about the voters than the leader, even though some of us saw through the smoke and mirrors put up by his successor, Mr. "I. Dunno" Martin.

Cheers,
    Dan
    So you get to make political comments but no one else does? I was making a joke. Looks like you need some better green.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Please let's keep this about Cretien's balls.

I tried to let that go and not be too quick to jump in and moderate. It was looking like it was back on track too, so let's drop the political stuff and play nice.

If I were PM, I'd have golf balls that were personalized. I think a world leader deserves a few perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Wow, thats wide open.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    No thank you
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

AndreM
    I played two rounds last year at Marshese where JC was immediately behind our groups.

He is an average player - I would guess a 15 Handicapper, but he does bend/break rules.

The closest we got to him was waiting on the #6 tee while he played #5. He hit a bunker and one of his security guys flipped it out with a rake, and he played it where it ended up - on the fringe.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    Still waiting to find out if he was giving out Pro V1 or top flite x-outs, then I'll decide who is cheap. Does anyone know?
    When you consider the 100's of millions of dollars of our tax money that his government wasted, lost, etc., is it not obvious that all of his monogrammed balls would be Pro V1's?

If Jack Layton was PM, his ProV1's would be monogrammed with 24 karat gold, while Stephen Harper's balls would 3 year old pond balls from #10 at Stonebridge, bought at Walmart for $3.95.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    If Jack Layton was PM, his ProV1's would be monogrammed with 24 karat gold, while Stephen Harper's balls would 3 year old pond balls from #10 at Stonebridge, bought at Walmart for $3.95.
    Maybe, but he'd make sure his private club didn't allow gays or minorities.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I was hoping the politcal talk would subside, but it isn't happening. It was expected to a degree with a thread about the PM. Anyway I think we have all had a chance to comment on Mr Cretien's golf game and logo balls so this thread is now closed.

Take political discussions elsewhere please.

Thread Information