CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

OttawaGolf Fairway Awards 2012

OttawaGolf Fairway Awards 2012
    Sponsored by Reservation Masters

This year at OttawaGolf we are taking a ballot to determine who has the best facilities in public golf in our region.

Click Here to Vote for the 2012 OttawaGolf Fairway Awards

The ballot will be active all season and we will be announcing the results on Oct 31 2012

Your vote enters you in a draw for one of 3 Full 2013 Memberships in the
    ReservationMasters OttawaGolf Club to be drawn on October 31.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Just 10 days remaining to get your vote in Click Here to Vote

OttawaGolf 2012 Fairway Award Winners
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/awards/index.htm

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    not sure anyone's conditioning was as good as Stonebridge this year - it was immaculate. eQuinelle was close.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I guess it depends on which courses you played. I played Stonebridge a few times and it was in great shape, but I felt The Marshes were better at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    I guess it depends on which courses you played. I played Stonebridge a few times and it was in great shape, but I felt The Marshes were better at that time.
    I played marshes only early in the season but the ball marks on the greens there have driven me bonkers in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I played marshes only early in the season but the ball marks on the greens there have driven me bonkers in the past.
    I've noticed that as well if they've had some sort of corporate event in the few days before I've played. It's something I hope I don't have to deal with that much at Eagle Creek even though Clublink likes their tournaments. People who don't repair ball marks drive me bonkers!

I've noticed that as well if they've had some sort of corporate event in the few days before I've played. It's something I hope I don't have to deal with that much at Eagle Creek even though Clublink likes their tournaments. People who don't repair ball marks drive me bonkers!
    for whatever reason, it seems way worse than anywhere else I play. Even nice courses like SB, Loch March or eQuinelle have no where near the problems that Marshes has in this regard. Must be some inverse relationship between how much you pay to play a round vs fixing your ball marks.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm still completely blown away that people rank Nation so highly. I'm not going to say anything negative because i don't want to get my bum slapped but still..can't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm still completely blown away that people rank Nation so highly. I'm not going to say anything negative because i don't want to get my bum slapped but still..can't get it.
    I noticed that also. I mean, it's not a bad little course but I think someone was stuffing the ballot box....

For the last two or three years...

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have to agree with Jeff, the ball marks on the greens are annoying, and all the goose poop...which made me vote for equinelle for conditioning of the course...both are good courses..just equinelle won out for me because of those 2 conditions...

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    If you compare it to the list of courses below 50$ , I think it could be pretty close ..so it is depending on the votes..perhaps more Eastenders playing and voting for Nation.

Chateau Cartier
    Cedarhill
    Greensmere
    Canadian
    Metcalfe
    Manderley
    Arnprior

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    A club without a clubhouse shouldn't be over $50...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    for whatever reason, it seems way worse than anywhere else I play. Even nice courses like SB, Loch March or eQuinelle have no where near the problems that Marshes has in this regard. Must be some inverse relationship between how much you pay to play a round vs fixing your ball marks.
    Perhaps the courses that use more sand when top dressing/aerating, resulting in a firmer base, have fewer ball mark problems. Excessive watering will also obviously soften greens more and cause "deeper" ball marks, that take longer to repair themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Perhaps the courses that use more sand when top dressing/aerating, resulting in a firmer base, have fewer ball mark problems. Excessive watering will also obviously soften greens more and cause "deeper" ball marks, that take longer to repair themselves.
    IMHO, it is laziness on the part of the golfer. Perhaps something about those that pay $110 to play a round of golf don't feel the need to fix their ball marks. It's a different clientele there for sure compared to most courses in Ottawa.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    IMHO, it is laziness on the part of the golfer. Perhaps something about those that pay $110 to play a round of golf don't feel the need to fix their ball marks. It's a different clientele there for sure compared to most courses in Ottawa.
    they prob rarely hit the green on approaches and dont know any better...

or they rarely hit the green and purposely leave the ball mark as a source of pride
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i think if i made a hole in 1 with a big fat pitchmark in front of the hole I wouldn't repair it either... lol
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Putter jamie b is on a distinguished road
    I guess nobody plays Smith Falls because their greens are as good as anybodys and it is less than $50 to play.

I don't think if people can afford to pay a high price for a round of golf they are necessarily too high and mighty to fix ball marks. I think the fact that many businessmen take out clients that perhaps are not very good golfers or people who don't play a lot. It's the same for corporate tournaments.

I've golfed at Royal numerous times and have friends who are members with more money than they know what to do with, but they still fix divots, balls marks, etc..

I don't think if people can afford to pay a high price for a round of golf they are necessarily too high and mighty to fix ball marks. I think the fact that many businessmen take out clients that perhaps are not very good golfers or people who don't play a lot. It's the same for corporate tournaments.

I've golfed at Royal numerous times and have friends who are members with more money than they know what to do with, but they still fix divots, balls marks, etc..
    that's actually what I was trying to say but it didn't come out right. I know Meadows gets a lot of tournament play and it is no where near as bad. Again, not sure why.

Private clubs are definitely different for sure - members treat it like their own and it's tough to find an unrepaired mark at most.

I don't think that was Jeff's point from reading his post and have to agree that's it's a lazyness factor and nothing more. I play with people who fix 4 or 5 marks on every green myself included and also play with other people who never ever fix a ball mark out of pure lazyness.

We are so on the same wavelength brah.

Lots of lazy people but I think also lots of people that play that don't know proper etiquette either. I know I'm the same as you, I'll fix 4 or five if I happen to see them. Thankfully I didn't have to do that much this year. I only played about 15 rounds or so due to my late start, but it was still nice to see most were repaired.

definitely an education or etiquette things as well, and some people are just absent minded or not really paying attention.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    I think the Awards winners reflect a lack of voting. Almost all the choices I made made it to the top three (e.g. Premiere#16) and I won a Reservation Masters to boot. Perhaps if all had voted there'd be less complaints.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

There were hundreds of votes. It's no suprise that people comment when the results don't jive with their personal opinions.

Exactly, these results should generate conversation, not everyone is going to agree.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

If most golfers repaired their own, and one more, each time they are on the green there would be nothing to talk about.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    If most golfers repaired their own, and one more, each time they are on the green there would be nothing to talk about.
    sounds so simple, doesn't it. I would also like to see marshalls out there fixing the ballmarks on slower days. I think that would be a much better use of their time than driving around in a cart.

Thread Information