CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New grips help!

Pitching Wedge casconem is on a distinguished road

New grips help!

So the heads off my 5 and 6 iron are falling off for some reason, and I'm going to get them repaired. While the sticks are in the shop, I'm planning on having the irons re-gripped. Having never done this, is there anything to keep in mind? Can you get fitted for grips depending on your hands/swing? Would that make much of a difference? Any info or recommendations appreciated.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Grips do come in different sizes depending on the size of your hand. And they come in a zillion different materials which you can get some direction on based on the type of weather conditions you play in (i.e. all weather or simply a fair weather golfer, heavy humidity and thus sweaty conditions or won't every play when it gets above a certain temp...etc.).

After these elements, it really becomes a matter of personal preference....look and feel.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    Well said imozzie!! casconem, you should try going to golf pride website they have a "grip selector" that in my opinion is very good due to the fact that they help you select the type of grip and size with your glove size, so if you have a glove size s,m,l, xl it will eliminate grips that are too small or too big. Once selected I would definitely recommend going to any of the shops golf works or GT and there you will find a display of most of the grips out there (eg golf pride, lamkin, winn etc..) so you can personally get a feel for it before you purchase the grips.

good luck!!
    I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Pitching Wedge casconem is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys! Ended up going with the new GP whiteout grips. The multicompound is pretty sweet, felt great. Seems like a lot of it does come down to personal preference.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Good to hear it worked out...isn't it nice that there is something left in this game that doesn't require a science degree or tool of some type to figure out?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Thread Information