100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Prescott Golf Club

Well, about 2 years ago, I decided that my golf bucket list would be to play all of the courses on the Ottawa Golf listing and any others listings that I could find of courses which I had either never played or had not played in at least 10 years. I knocked off 42 different courses last year and am looking to increase the list this year by at least 30 different courses. Today, we played Prescott for the first time.

Now, having been with the Canadian Coast Guard previously, i have passed this course many a time on my way to meetings etc. at the CCG station in Prescott. However, from the road, it looked like 'a nice little course'. I had seen much chit chat about early season play on this site, and even some pretty interesting photos taken by some and posted on this site to show some of the spring course conditions. And those peaked my interest....

Bundling a recently purchased B&B certificate (Blue Heron B&B in Prescott - HIGHLY recommended!!!), my wife and I took the opportunity to 'explore' the course today.

It is indeed 'a nice little course' with all of the 'big course' ammenities. Aside from the outstanding course conditions - tee boxes, fairways and greens included - real sand in the sand traps, ball washers with water in them, yardage markers that both visible and right, sugar shacks - fully stocked and staff - at Nos. 6, 12 and 18, we played with a wonderful member (thank you to Mr. Doug Lovitt) who gave us the history, the layout and the pride of membership their small cadre held wrt the course.

With only 300 members, the ladies assist in the planting and upkeep of the flowerbeds. They had an ice storm last year which caused severe damage to trees and much debris to be cleaned up. The men showed up with saws and bags in hand and, in no time at all, pristine conditions returned.

Pride of membership, a great layout, super conditions, good company and great weather! Life just doesn't get any better than that...

Kudos to you, Prescott....another little gem of the Ottawa Valley!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I second that Imozzie. Its a great course and good layout. Nice easy walk.

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    My uncle is a member there and absolutely loves it... yet to play a round there though.

Thread Information