CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter rno102 is on a distinguished road

Foresight GC2 w/HMT vs AboutGolf

Other than the GC2 being cheaper what are the big differences between these two? Is one more accurate than the other, or is the simulation software substantially better in one of them?

Andisblue
    Gc2 is marketed as a launch monitor, so you can bet that accuracy is it's primary goal (and it succeeds, in my testing). Simulation is a secondary goal. I'm guessing about golf can be used easily w left and right handed users.

There are a LOT of things the gc2's sim software could improve on - simple, common sense things. However, playing on it is a blast with friends in the garage.

I cannot vouch for hmt or AG since they are $$$

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    About golf hasa launch monitor AG Mobile which absolutely rivals the GC2 in accuracy and cost. GC2 uses Red Chain and About golf have their own proprietary software.

Asics
    What's the pricing for the AG Mobile unit and the courses?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    AG mobile was $20K wasn't it? Doesn't rival if it is.

Is the aboutgolf prop software better than red chain?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    No AG mobile is $12 with all the software.

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road
    Has the AG Mobile product been finalised? I tried to do some Googling and all of my searches seem to suggest that the product continues to evolve (one example is that a smaller footprint is expected soon).

Asics
    bubba22 said the AG Mobile absolutely rivals the GC2 in accuracy so I assume it has been released and he has some experience with it. Can you give a mini-review, bubba22? I would be interested as I like the full scale AG units I have used in stores. If the mobile unit is comparable it should be an excellent product.

AGMobile does not figure on their website anymore. Earlier it was detailed even though it wasn't for sale. Did they pull it because of problems?

Have just spent a few hours on the GC2 playing nearest pin and clubfitting and I am in love. This thing has given me the practice and consistency I needed, next stop pro circuit! Mmmm Europe or the States.......

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road
    CPA,

Nice to hear that you are loving the GC2... do you have HMT?

T

No HMT. Don't think it is worth the $, without stickers I might consider.

Working with the swingbyte and their system is getting better and better., but still can't determine accuracy yet. The main problem is getting it on the right 3 o'clock spot on the shaft. They are supposedly about to update the software so it can be calibrated on the shaft. It will be a good 3d option if it works.

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    AGMobile does not figure on their website anymore. Earlier it was detailed even though it wasn't for sale. Did they pull it because of problems?

Have just spent a few hours on the GC2 playing nearest pin and clubfitting and I am in love. This thing has given me the practice and consistency I needed, next stop pro circuit! Mmmm Europe or the States.......
    Pro Circuit? Is than an online mode?

Haven't pressed online mode yet. Afraid of sharks.

Do you have any issues with the alignment of the gc2?

7 Iron shoot4one is on a distinguished road
    Anyone have problems selecting players or is it my touch screen? When you do closest to pin it appeared it would only take one player, they would hit shots and then you would select another player, but that seems odd to me , why cant you select the palyers you want and then start? Also, on the range - can you change the 370 distance and have a closer target? How? Maybe thats what closet to pin is for. Also , why when on playing a course the tee shot is misaligned and looking somewhere not even close to fairway and the line that shows you distance you will and hot and then have left is always misaligned? Still trying to figure it all out!

Andisblue
    Heres what I do for great alignment:

I measured and put a line of white tape that goes from the ball to the screen. You'll place your ball on this line every time you play.
    Open up the foresight range and position yourself on the green (right click on the mini map - yea, not optimized for touch screen).
    With the green grid on, you can see how much you error you have in your taped line and the games center aiming line (we haven't hit any balls yet). Exit foresight, open up the simsetuptool and adjust the DX value. Re enter foresight, go to the green, and check. Once you get it lined up perfectly, you dont ever have to adjust it again. Place the gc2 so that it detects the ball when on your taped line, and putt down the tape. A perfect putt should give you 0 degrees H angle. If you putt down the line and the game tells you a 3* h angle, rotate the gc2 unit clockwise 3* (trial and error, takes a couple minutes).

You should be set at this point. Assuming you set the other values correctly in sim setup tool, your shot tracers should start right where the ball impacts the screen.

As for e tee shot not looking at the fairway - it SHOULD be close, very close. Use the mouse to control those lines on the minimal.

FYI - it's not listed , but the F key removes the flag in some cases (just not the most important cases, like when you putt and the flag stops your shot)

Thanks Andisblue that's very helpful. If you do start the ball off the alignment point (say a few inches left) but hit it parallel to the GC2 does it still compute it as going straight. I would assume it would be off by those few inches and the tracer start to the right of where the ball hit the impact screen. But just sure it doesn't compute it as left. I would assume it would, but just wanted to check. That would mean that putting aside a couple inches one way or another won't really matter.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    I see people mentioning a closest to the pin game. What GC2 software offers this option?

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Another question - has anyone used or tested the GC2 HMT unit?

Andisblue
    Quote Originally Posted by rno102 View Post
    Thanks Andisblue that's very helpful. If you do start the ball off the alignment point (say a few inches left) but hit it parallel to the GC2 does it still compute it as going straight. I would assume it would be off by those few inches and the tracer start to the right of where the ball hit the impact screen. But just sure it doesn't compute it as left. I would assume it would, but just wanted to check. That would mean that putting aside a couple inches one way or another won't really matter.

Yes, as long you hit parallel to the aiming line, you're good. That is a good question about sliding the ball sideways of the aiming line, and the effect on the shot teacer. The gc2 certainly has the capablility to pass that information to the software, but it's just not something I've ever paid attention to. The tracers are always so close the impact point.

Andisblue
    Quote Originally Posted by Kball View Post
    I see people mentioning a closest to the pin game. What GC2 software offers this option?
    I think foresight is still testing the HMT.
    The closest to the pin and long drive are on the"competition" menu in the foresight sim

Thread Information