+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Guys!

Putter Jenks is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say a quick Hi! to everyone! Just really started to play this year after many trips to the driving range and a few to a course here and there. Just trying to practice and stay more consistant with my swings now! I have learned one thing quickly though! I can drive it pretty well but frig I need to lay off the driver and practice my irons!! Can you guys reccommend any courses that I could go play at to practice with out "interrupting" others play? I thought about Capital par 3 on bank but for $30 bucks a round I would rather just pay a bit extra for a real course. Any suggestions?

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    hey there Jenks, welcome!!

You should try in my experience Mer Bleu in Navan, they have a Par 3 for $10

Cheers
    I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Putter Jenks is on a distinguished road
    Oh wow, thats awesome! That is a great price too! Thanks!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I stopped by Mer Bleue just this week to enquire about the Par 3 and costs. They indicated to me that the cost was $20??? I would suggest that you give them a call before you go.

If $10, I'd say go for it. If $20, I'd recommend you go to White Sands in Orleans (you can see it from the highway) instead. Same money and a much better layout, condition and, with all of the sand and water - challenge.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    ok call before you go... I stopped by like 1 month ago they weren't open yet and no sign of them upping the price. But agreed if its $20 white sands is the bang for your buck. But who knows Mer Bleu is pretty new I do like the setup of their holes too.
    I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Dunnderosa is a decent little course I like to play to keep me honest with my irons.

Albatross freddyottawa is on a distinguished road freddyottawa's Avatar
    Depending on where you are in Ottawa, Marchwood, the par3 course at the Marshes, is also worth a look at $15. If you are looking for something that is not all par 3's, try the nine hole layouts that courses such as Falcon Ridge (Raceview) and Metcalfe offer. They have a few longer holes mixed in so that you can hit long and short irons as well as the occasional driver.

Thread Information