CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Natural Rhythm

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Natural Rhythm

I am now a firm believer in this. I was once told your golf swing should mimic your natural body rhythm. So far this season I have done nothing but struggle, all the while trying to slow my swing down and be in more control. So on Monday, after an awe-inspiring 45 on the front nine, I decide to go back to the way I used to swing....a little quicker backswing than what I have been doing, but swing pretty much as hard/fast as I can on the downswing and VOILA!!! Played the best three holes of the season so far. Shots were flying at the target as opposed to drifting right of target. Ball was on a solid flight, not balloning/fluttering. Will be interested to see if it works next time out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    I am now a firm believer in this. I was once told your golf swing should mimic your natural body rhythm. So far this season I have done nothing but struggle, all the while trying to slow my swing down and be in more control. So on Monday, after an awe-inspiring 45 on the front nine, I decide to go back to the way I used to swing....a little quicker backswing than what I have been doing, but swing pretty much as hard/fast as I can on the downswing and VOILA!!! Played the best three holes of the season so far. Shots were flying at the target as opposed to drifting right of target. Ball was on a solid flight, not balloning/fluttering. Will be interested to see if it works next time out.
    As long as "next time out" isn't June 2nd & 3rd
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I'm sure I will get out a few more times before then.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Well, to test my theory I headed into GT after work today. Thought to myself, what a better way to test my theory than with a muscleback blade...grabbed a Mizzy MP something or other and ripped 8/10 pretty much straight down the middle anywhere from 174-178 yds. The two I missed was one thinned and the other just a slight push, all the while swinging almost as fast/hard as I could on the downswing. Eagerly awaiting my next round on the course.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Glad to hear you found something that's working, keep us updated
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Well, to test my theory I headed into GT after work today. Thought to myself, what a better way to test my theory than with a muscleback blade...grabbed a Mizzy MP something or other and ripped 8/10 pretty much straight down the middle anywhere from 174-178 yds. The two I missed was one thinned and the other just a slight push, all the while swinging almost as fast/hard as I could on the downswing. Eagerly awaiting my next round on the course.
    What was that...a wedge?

7 iron

Tour Rookie PingMan is on a distinguished road
    I couldn't agree more and that's how I approach all my lessons... read my quote below! Cheers.
    A golf swing is an individual expression of timing and rhythm unique to that individual.

Thread Information