I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    He just did it again on #4!!!!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Whad he do?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I can't stand Kevin Na!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm pretty sure I would slap him upside the head and tell him to hurry up.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    He's so unbearable... how can I hate someone I've never met so much...? I give you Kevin Na.

Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    He's so unbearable... how can I hate someone I've never met so much...? I give you Kevin Na.
    http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/7...mpionship-lead

Several awkward moments in this interview. I want to slap him too

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    I tuned in at the end of the broadcast and heard Johnny Miller say that Kevin Na was being "good" today...keeping up the pace. I look up at the score and he's +4. LOL... I know it's wrong but man it made me happy.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Sergio Na

Grip regrip waggle
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Lol.....
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I think the tv crew did a poor job of editing yesterday. The could have replaced Na's pre-swing routine with 3 other people hitting and a few tv commercials.

Is it wrong that i was hoping he'd implode on himself to get him out of contention and off the broadcast? PLEASE, PLEASE tell me next weekend when I golf I'm not paired with someone that wants to give that a try!

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Why is he playing at tour and you guys are watching?...that must tell you something.... give him a break.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    the guy is fighting some demons and readily admitted it. I admire his honesty the fact he knows he has a problem and is trying to fix it. It can be frustrating to watch (or interesting, like a train wreck) but he'll get through it hopefully. Now watching Furyk putt, that's another story.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

3 Wood thematt is on a distinguished road thematt's Avatar
    I get that he is fighting demons and is having trouble, but man is it frustrating to watch. He could have a serious problem going forward though, he got warned on Saturday that if he kept up the slow play he'd get a penalty, and then on Sunday he plays a little quicker and blows up. I hope for his sake he gets it figured out but it might not be pretty for the time being.
    While I'd like to play better, I have zero interest in practicing.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I can't say i feel any sympathy for a professional golfer making millions of dollars a year who has a case of whatever the heck he has. He should take 2 or 3 months off and figure it out because watching him play feels like watching glue dry.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thematt View Post
    I get that he is fighting demons and is having trouble, but man is it frustrating to watch. He could have a serious problem going forward though, he got warned on Saturday that if he kept up the slow play he'd get a penalty, and then on Sunday he plays a little quicker and blows up. I hope for his sake he gets it figured out but it might not be pretty for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I can't say i feel any sympathy for a professional golfer making millions of dollars a year who has a case of whatever the heck he has. He should take 2 or 3 months off and figure it out because watching him play feels like watching glue dry.
    I assume that your TVs come with a remote control that allows you to do things like change channels?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I assume that your TVs come with a remote control that allows you to do things like change channels?
    When are those fancy TVs where you can choose a new camera shot happening? Then we could stop complaining.

In theory....

Though I still wanted to watch the whole thing. I agree with whomever said it above, they might as well just cut away to someone else taking a shot and then go back when he really looks ready. Though you could still be a couple minutes away from him actually hitting the ball.

The good thing with this past weekend was that he was out of contention pretty early on, so we weren't forced to watch every shot.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    I see little difference between guys like Na and guys like, say, Rory Sabatini, who wants to play golf on the run. Everyone has their own pace. The PGA has rules. Play by them or suffer the consequences. Period!

In the words (almost) of the great Allan Iverson..."we're talking about a game here man, a game, it's a game, not life, it's a game"... Get a grip, or in this case, re-grip guys. It's a GAME!
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I see little difference between guys like Na and guys like, say, Rory Sabatini, who wants to play golf on the run. Everyone has their own pace. The PGA has rules. Play by them or suffer the consequences. Period!

In the words (almost) of the great Allan Iverson..."we're talking about a game here man, a game, it's a game, not life, it's a game"... Get a grip, or in this case, re-grip guys. It's a GAME!
    I agree, but the difference with Rory is that his pace of play doesn't hinder anyone else. He may walk right up to his ball and hit it, but he doesn't leave the group behind him waiting for minutes on each shot.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I think he's fun to watch, and I hope he figures out the mental block issues. These issues aside, he can hit some mind blowing shots, and he's not afraid to hit it from anywhere. How many people here would have the "balls" to hit a full 3 wood off a concrete cart path? Not many I'd expect. Golf history is littered with great players who've had titanic struggles with their games at some point.

Sure he struggled on Sunday, but he put up 3 solid rounds on a course that would destroy anyone on this board.

Sign me up for the Kevin Na fan club.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Right, it's just a game and these are just complaints on an internet forum. Not like anyone's at his house throwing eggs.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    I agree, but the difference with Rory is that his pace of play doesn't hinder anyone else. He may walk right up to his ball and hit it, but he doesn't leave the group behind him waiting for minutes on each shot.
    I seem to recall a story about RS in the not too distant past when he fired at the green when players were still on over his frustration with playing with another slow player (Crane?). When I'm out, and I am NOT comparing myself in anyway shape or form with the pros, and there is a guy rushing me, sitting in the cart pumping the gas pedal, and making comments, THAT would put me off way more than a guy like NA. To me it's not a NA thing, it's a failure by the PGA to set rules then apply them to make it fair to everyone. In the TV age, seems they will have to get at it soon if guys like NA, Crane et al start rising to the top of the leader board and garner more screen time.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

I seem to recall a story about RS in the not too distant past when he fired at the green when players were still on over his frustration with playing with another slow player (Crane?). When I'm out, and I am NOT comparing myself in anyway shape or form with the pros, and there is a guy rushing me, sitting in the cart pumping the gas pedal, and making comments, THAT would put me off way more than a guy like NA. To me it's not a NA thing, it's a failure by the PGA to set rules then apply them to make it fair to everyone. In the TV age, seems they will have to get at it soon if guys like NA, Crane et al start rising to the top of the leader board and garner more screen time.
    The people weren't still on the green, he just hit his shot and went ahead up to the green to keep playing, because Ben Crane is probably the only person on tour who plays slower than Kevin Na.

The PGA does set rules, the problem is that they don't enforce them enough. They need to be timing people playing and issuing stroke penalties much more often. There are tons of complaints on tour of slow players, but you almost never hear of anyone getting a stroke penalty for it. These guys are pros who aren't hitting 6 or 7 shots on a hole before getting to the green like many weekend warriors are, there is no reason that it should take more than 4.5 hours to play a round, yet routinely on tour it does.

The PGA does set rules, the problem is that they don't enforce them enough. They need to be timing people playing and issuing stroke penalties much more often. There are tons of complaints on tour of slow players, but you almost never hear of anyone getting a stroke penalty for it. These guys are pros who aren't hitting 6 or 7 shots on a hole before getting to the green like many weekend warriors are, there is no reason that it should take more than 4.5 hours to play a round, yet routinely on tour it does.
    I guess you have to take the crowds into consideration, but I completely agree. These are better than scratch players, playing in twosomes. The speed of play could easily be improved it seems to me.

9 Iron JTB is on a distinguished road JTB's Avatar
    They do have "penalties" in place for slow play. I believe it's after 10 times being warned it's a 10 or 20K fine. the warnings carry on through the whole year.

The PGA Tour fines players for all kinds of stuff, all the time. 99% of the time it's not for public consumption. The Tour Policy Board keeps fines and warnings under wraps.

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road
    You all sound like you think he is doing this purposely. Hate is an awfully strong word. How can ANYONE hate someone they have never met?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Well word of warning for people playing with me...

Open king can. Waggle. Sip. Waggle. Shoot. Sip. Sip. Sip. Next shot. Next king can.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    The PGA does set rules, the problem is that they don't enforce them enough. They need to be timing people playing and issuing stroke penalties much more often.
    They said on Golf Central this AM (or last night's replay) that it's been 20 YEARS since the PGA tour issued a stroke penalty for slow play....Hit'em where it hurts I say.

Thread Information