CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar

Ping Or Wilson Staff?

So I'm looking at buying a cart bag and there were two bags that caught my eye at Golftown today. I have no experience with Ping or Wilson Staff (let alone their bags) so any insight would be helpful.

This is the Wilson Staff bag
    http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/bag...lite-cart-bag/

This is the Ping Bag:
    http://www.clickgolf.co.uk/shop/bags...12-831332.html

Pros/cons to either bag from either company? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

Help me out.

Nobody?

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    I've had both and have no complaints. I did have one Ping bag that ended up being a little tough to get the clubs in/out, but it was not a cart bag, it was a Hoofer. I have a WStaff bag that is about 5 years old and it's still in great shape, my wife uses it. Don't think you can go wrong with either.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    So I'm looking at buying a cart bag and there were two bags that caught my eye at Golftown today. I have no experience with Ping or Wilson Staff (let alone their bags) so any insight would be helpful.

This is the Wilson Staff bag
    http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/bag...lite-cart-bag/

This is the Ping Bag:
    http://www.clickgolf.co.uk/shop/bags...12-831332.html

Pros/cons to either bag from either company? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

Help me out.

Ive a few PING bags over the years and they have all lasted quite well. I have had a PING leather cart bag, a lighter nylon bag. No issues. Can't speak to Wilson....

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I've heard nothing but good things on PING bags' durability.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I strongly suggest that you have the guys put a full set of clubs in the bag and then spend some time pulling them out, putting them in....any thing you can do to simulate real play.

With the two bags pictured, I can tell you this. You will hate the PING bag if you switch often between pushcart and powercart. I had (and still have) a SunMountain C130 that had one high side and one low - just like the PING. Great on a pushcart as the clubs fall towards you in a nice cascade and thus minimize the bag chatter. Terrible in a powercart as your Driver and Fairways block your access to your irons which are now at the back. I hated it.

Tried to switch the position of the Driver and Woods with the irons when on a powercart. The high side was too high to accommodate my wedges (I carry four) and my putter. They just sort of 'hung' there. Suffice it to say the C130 is now parked. I purchasd a Callaway with even sides and swap the clubs when I switch between push and power carts. Solved the problem and absolutely love the convenience.

For this reason, I would choose the Wilson over the PING. But don't go by me - put a full set of clubs in them both and see how you like it from there for whatever method you choose to carry them - push, power or both.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I strongly suggest that you have the guys put a full set of clubs in the bag and then spend some time pulling them out, putting them in....any thing you can do to simulate real play.

With the two bags pictured, I can tell you this. You will hate the PING bag if you switch often between pushcart and powercart. I had (and still have) a SunMountain C130 that had one high side and one low - just like the PING. Great on a pushcart as the clubs fall towards you in a nice cascade and thus minimize the bag chatter. Terrible in a powercart as your Driver and Fairways block your access to your irons which are now at the back. I hated it.

Tried to switch the position of the Driver and Woods with the irons when on a powercart. The high side was too high to accommodate my wedges (I carry four) and my putter. They just sort of 'hung' there. Suffice it to say the C130 is now parked. I purchasd a Callaway with even sides and swap the clubs when I switch between push and power carts. Solved the problem and absolutely love the convenience.

For this reason, I would choose the Wilson over the PING. But don't go by me - put a full set of clubs in them both and see how you like it from there for whatever method you choose to carry them - push, power or both.
    Solid advice.. I'll be going sometime next week to pick one up... so I'll talk to the sales guy I suppose and con him into putting a dozen clubs in it.

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    I maybe too late, but go with the Wilson bag, I have one and its very well done. The tethered rain cap is great when showers start, its on and then its off in a flash. Nicely sized pockets, big front insulated pocket for drinks.
    It can hold lots, and that may be its only short coming, its pretty wide and will fill the back of a cart, or on a push cart. Its really not an issue but it is big, but I can put tons of stuff in there.

Thread Information