100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

starting a fresh handicap

so this year I got an rcga account. I started entering my scores. Last year I kept track on the system on this website, I was in the low teens say. So when I started keeping scores on the rcga network I was using the new 7 max rule.

It occurred to me, that untill the system spit out an index I might have entered a max of 8 or whatever it would be. I'd entered 4 or 5 rounds, had no score cards but had made a few 8s.

I emailed somneone at the rcga and they replied with a stock sort of reply describing the esc system. I clarified my problem and the reply was I did the right thing. I'm guessing either is acceptable, it's just the email exchange left me with some doubt, does this sound well enough?

Doug

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    It is possible to edit a score once it has been posted if you really think it matters.

That being said, so many people make mistakes on the system (entering scores from non-member courses, not using ESC properly) that I wouldn't worry about it. Once you have enough scores entered it's unlikely to make a big difference.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    You did the right thing
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    It is possible to edit a score once it has been posted if you really think it matters.
    I have no idea what I actually shot

it's not gonna matter in the long run (hopefully lol), I want to try and enter some events this year so I want to be legit.

Thanks

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post

That being said, so many people make mistakes on the system (entering scores from non-member courses, not using ESC properly) that I wouldn't worry about it. Once you have enough scores entered it's unlikely to make a big difference.
    Just a note. I was told by someone from GolfCanada just last month that any scores you enter from non recognized RCGA courses will automatically not be counted towards your handicap.
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Thread Information