CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar

What is your worst score on a single hole....

As the season starts to ramp up up it's always fun to remember that one hole that ate your brain. So share the fun

Mine was the 6th hole at Disney Palm. First time playing the course and I was doing alright. I am 2 over after 5. I'm playing from the blues, 412 yards. Water all along the left and in front of the green.

First ball goes into the water on the left -- pure hook. So does the second, it was more of a draw with a spasm. Third ball is hit from drop area, beautiful shot into the water in front of the green. I'm starting not to like this hole. Move to second drop area and top my pitch into --- wait for it --- the water. Next pitch makes it to the green. For those keeping track I am using using my 5th ball. The abacuss will come out in a minute to calculate the score. So now I'm on the green set up over the ball, tap it and watch it roll 15 feet past the hole (two tiered green - I was on the wrong tier) . Two more little putts and I was done. My grand total.... 12. Not feeling the happiest place on earth.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I was lying 13 and still stuck in a waste bunker at Eagle Creek (high up under the lip, sand was so fluffy, couldn't move the ball more than a few yards at a time) and finally picked up.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I made a 22 at golfomax once. It was epic.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    In a tournament, the highest I have carded is a nine.

When I'm just playing, I'll pick up long before then and record my X.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    13 on a par 3. Tin cupped 'er good!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    My number wasnt that big but it was the one that broke the camels back so to say. On my back 9 at Buckingham last year standing at number 17, I was even par up to there. As the club champion was going by I yelled out at him that i had never played so well in my life.
    Big mistake, my wife remarked. So it was one O.B ,re-load from the tee box, three O.B. reload again from the tee box, five O.B., wild shot
    down the right hand side, six into the forest right side,cant find my ball, back to original spot and fire another one into the forest,lying eight, try to hit ball and hit a branch,back into forest, hit nine onto green and two puts for a grand total of 11 if I counted properly.
    This is a par 5 so kind of sucks. There is a lesson that I learned, never count your chickens before .......... I,m still ** about this LOL.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Renfrew, in a tournament, #11, easy par 4, drove my ball into the left rough, I tried a hero shot through some trees because I was trying to make the cut and at that point I didn't think I could afford another bogey, I hit a tree and went deeper into the left rough, hacked at it 4 times to get out, scored a 9.... (looking back a bogey would have been all right :p)
    You only get out of something what you put into it

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road

Cool

Junior club championship when I was 15 - had a 17 (some OB, and I hit myself with the ball)!! More recently, in one of our club team qualifiers carded a 13 on a par 4 (5th hole). Followed it up with a drive out of bounds on next hole (par5). As I walked back to the tee to rehit, I instantly regretted not taking my clubs so I could walk off the course. Managed a 6 on that hole and just grinded it out the rest of the day. Definitely my best 80 I have ever shot. Now in tourneys, after a bad hole, I usually manage to laugh and say "at least it wasn't a 13"!

Note: also would be interested in the most provisionals you have ever hit. Mine is 4 (found the first provisional ball). After using regular ball markings on the first 2 provisionals, I then resorted to just marking the next 2 with a large 3 and 4 to keep it straight. LOL
    Last edited by Shreen; 05-08-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Provisionals

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreen View Post
    After using regular ball markings on the first 2 provisionals, I then resorted to just marking the next 2 with a large 3 and 4 to keep it straight. LOL
    That right there is funny.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    i made a 16 without a lost ball in a junior tournament. i got stuck in the trees after my second shot trying to cut the corner on a par 5. it was wet and there was some exposed tree roots. i kept swinging and slipping and the ball kept rolling into bad spots. by the time i finally got it out and onto the green, i then 3 putted the hole.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    #11 at the TPC Stadium course at PGA West is a par 5. Several years ago I recorded a 12 on that hole. If I recall correctly, I finished the hole using a pink Volvik Crystal ball.

What I remember most about the hole though is what my buddy who was playing with me said when recounting the hole later: "The amazing thing about it was... it could have been worse!" He's right too. As I recall, I got up and down from about 100 yards to end the ordeal.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road

Falcon Ridge

Just shot a 9 on #10 at Falcon Ridge, 2 lost balls on the right!! Stupid hole, needs a "man" with a chainsaw.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The worst score that I can remember in the Ottawa area occurred during the City & District. We were playing at the Hunt Club (it was the first time that I had seen the course) and I was either even or one under when I arrived at a dogleg right, par 5. My recollection is that there was a water hole on the right side of the dogleg. My intention had been to drive it left of the dogleg. However, I pushed it right and it splashed into the water. It must not have been possible to drop behind the hazard, because I reteed hitting three. Another push to the right. Another watery grave. My fellow competitors were looking at the ground, in their bags - anywhere, but in my direction. At this point, I decided to drive it over the water. If I was going down, I was going to do with gusto. The carry over the water was at least 255. My third drive (now hitting five) hit the water, 1 yard or so short of its destination. My fourth drive (hitting seven) hit the bank on the other sided, but bounced back into the water. The fifth drive (hitting 9) cleared the water to great cheers. I then just missed the green with my tenth shot, pitched to 11 feet, and sunk the 11 footer for a 12! My recollection is that I played decently after that, though my memory is foggy on the event. It must be the effect of shock. The funny thing is that a friend of mine scored even worse than I did on that hole. He posted a 13.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    I put about 4 balls into the water on the 1st Central at Manderly once. I did just about everything else wrong as well to card a 14. I'm pretty sure I had to throw a new ball down somewhere when I had no ball in play, so it wasn't even legit at that.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    As a long time member at Manderley, I can only say that you have to work hard to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd_Warrior View Post
    I put about 4 balls into the water on the 1st Central at Manderly once. I did just about everything else wrong as well to card a 14. I'm pretty sure I had to throw a new ball down somewhere when I had no ball in play, so it wasn't even legit at that.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

I managed to end up behind the pond on the left and more or less pulled a tin cup with my 3 wood lol, it was brutal.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    The worst score that I can remember in the Ottawa area occurred during the City & District. We were playing at the Hunt Club (it was the first time that I had seen the course) and I was either even or one under when I arrived at a dogleg right, par 5. My recollection is that there was a water hole on the right side of the dogleg. My intention had been to drive it left of the dogleg. However, I pushed it right and it splashed into the water. It must not have been possible to drop behind the hazard, because I reteed hitting three. Another push to the right. Another watery grave. My fellow competitors were looking at the ground, in their bags - anywhere, but in my direction. At this point, I decided to drive it over the water. If I was going down, I was going to do with gusto. The carry over the water was at least 255. My third drive (now hitting five) hit the water, 1 yard or so short of its destination. My fourth drive (hitting seven) hit the bank on the other sided, but bounced back into the water. The fifth drive (hitting 9) cleared the water to great cheers. I then just missed the green with my tenth shot, pitched to 11 feet, and sunk the 11 footer for a 12! My recollection is that I played decently after that, though my memory is foggy on the event. It must be the effect of shock. The funny thing is that a friend of mine scored even worse than I did on that hole. He posted a 13.
    #6 south. I hate that tee shot. I'm always in the water! But rather than tee up another ball I do take the drop 10 yards closer so that I can 3wood onto the fairway.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Crowbush, PEI.... Hitting over the water, I just kept drowning the balls, one after another. My playing partner asked me when I was going to stop. I replied that has soon as I had finished off all the golf balls in his bag. I had been using his balls during my temper tantrum. I'll never forget his laughter and I paid for the lobster dinner after the round.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Im sure Ive made higher but for tournament play was a 9 on the 18th hole with 7 putts, not fun with 100 people watching.

lol, ouch

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    At my home course back in Northern Ireland i carded an 11 on the 18th in a competition whilst sitting on the 18 tee in the lead at that time ( i found out later)
    Basically it was my first real taste of pressure ..... and i completely fell apart.
    The 18 was a long par 4 , OB left and right , but the widest fairway on the course.
    After playing pretty well all the round , with no idea of my score at the time , my Dad tells me walking off 17 , that all i need is a bogey on 18 and i've won the tourney ..... well Holy C**p !
    All of a sudden i couldn't swing , put the first 2 drives OB , snap hooked the next under some pine trees , hacked my way onto the green , and 3 putted for an 11
    Gutted , but i learned a helluva lesson .
    The next time i was on that hole in the lead , i took a 4 iron off the tee , and won by 2 shots !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information