100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar

Only 9 holes this season at Mont St-Marie?

That's the rumor I herd up in cottage country. I hope not, enjoyed a few rounds there last year and was hoping to do the same this year. Must say that it wasn't very busy at all. Can anyone confirm this?
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    That would be a shame as it is a lovely course with great views. However, it would not surprise me as it is never busy, especially week days.
    Lets see if someone can confirm this.

It really has a lot to offer as a course... Not sure if they need to revamp their marketing or something... Hope they stay a float...

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Is it possible they've shut down the back 9 to do some work on it? I know every time I've been there the back 9 is like playing in a swamp.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I agree, the back nine is always wet.

4 Iron Keals is on a distinguished road
    I am from originally from the Gatineau Valley and there is always rumors flying around with regards to the course. As far as only 9 holes opened, I cannot see this happening. I'm sure they are just rumors and that soon enough the course will be open with all 18 holes.

I 've heard numerous rumors about the course over the last couple of years, for example, built another 9 holes, develop the land and build condos and houses.....nothing has gone foward, they were just rumors. The course does have alot to offer. It's in a great setting, good layout, the course is usually in great shape exept for the odd holes on the back 9 when its wet. The issue is the distance from Ottawa/Gatineau. They have a hard time attracting players to drive an hour or so to play the course. I know they offer very competitve green fees, memberships and they started a junior program last year (I think).

What bothers me right now is that they don't answer their phone and haven't updated the website. Very difficult to sell memberships, book tournaments that way... Kinda shooting oneself in the foot...

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    My father in law is a member there, and just joined again for this year, and he didn't mention this.

He did say the back 9 was closed a lot there for the last couple seasons for the drainage issue mentioned. I can see how this situation could go from someone saying "its like they only have 9 holes" and have it be misinterpreted.

I like that course also, and I agree the greens were often in excellent shape there. there are so many cottages within 30 minutes of that place, I don't know why it isn't busy.
    Andrew

Just got back from a round and the conditions were decent. Only 1 car in the parking lot when we arrived at 9.30am. Fairways and greens could use a trim but the back 9 was dry . Sad, very sad to see it that quiet. Will be giving them my dollar this summer and hope more do the same.

The biggest negative is they didn't even have a sandwich available. I understand the restaurant wouldn't be open but they could make 1/2 dozen sandwiches and a few snacks...

Thread Information