100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

I'm shooting even par tomorrow

I'm sick of shooting in the 80s, 90s

I'm all over my swing, got used to my new putter, got used to my new irons, just got my new bag exchanged.

Wave goodbye 80-something good round, this train is leaving the station.

will report back

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I'm with you on this one, I can feel my game coming back and a really good round just around the corner.
    The weather this weekend is supposed to be great, so good luck!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Aim higher, go for the course record!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    It will be nice not playing in gale force winds today. Teeing up at Renfrew for the first time...looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Aim higher, go for the course record!
    baby steps

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    And what did you shoot today?
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Bet he had one of the worst rounds ever.....Never say just before heading out that your going to shoot your lowest score. You might as well whistle and call Murphy to come and lay down the Law for you....haha..
    "Get your smile on!"

ha ha I managed to avoid that

opens the day with a "miss everyting but the two foot putt" double. A couple lip out from inside 6 foot bogeys and a par. I was actually playing ok once I got on the course but then I shot two balls into the woods, lost both so picked up.

Opened with a double on the back, seems to be the thing these days. Was alternating between pars and bogeys when I had a nice 40 yard pitch for a good birdie op, hit the shot I wanted and it sailed over the back for a double. I managed to gt up and down from about 155 on the last to sve par

I hit 7 or so greens, probably half the fairways, was only a yard or so off a few more greens and fairways, no three putts. I lipped out about 5 putts on the front inside 6 feet, could have been a slightly different story...

shot 17 over

This isn't over...

I'm putting my old wedge back in the bag. I got a new set of irons (exact replacements for my existing set) a few rounds ago, and since then my chips and pitches have been ending up past the hole almost without exception. I thought it was just the greens getting faster, but I don't think so anymore. When I got these irons they felt a little upright, I'm starting to suspect someone bent them all to a modern spec, lofts included. I'm noticing the mid and high irons going pretty far too as the weather starts to warm up, good shots always behind the hole etc...I was hoping to get away without the hassle and expense of getting the clubs bent, oh well.

I actually played well for the most part, drove the ball great, a handfull of really great shots at the pin, just couldn't score. My up and down stat would be like 3% right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    I'm with you on this one, I can feel my game coming back and a really good round just around the corner.
    The weather this weekend is supposed to be great, so good luck!
    Thanks, it's around two corners for me . but it was great out there today. Big drives are finally starting to have some hang time.

oh, I should add, it wasn't even that. I had to evoke esc on one hole where I thought my second attetmpt at least got through the corner. When I couldn't find that ball I just picked up.

Tomorrow is another day!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wknd_Warrior View Post
    oh, I should add, it wasn't even that. I had to evoke esc on one hole where I thought my second attetmpt at least got through the corner. When I couldn't find that ball I just picked up.
    Isn't ESC applied after the round when you are determining your adjusted score? (Rule 3-2)

To a hole I played a few weeks ago, had I applied ESC too soon, I never would have had the pleasure of scoring a 12, the worst single hole score in fifty two years of golf. And Bower was killing himself laughing as he pulled ball after ball from the water hazard.

I usually play every hole out, when I had no ball in play I decided this time not to bother to drop one in the fairway. I did throw a ball on the green and putt out for the heck of it.

so today was indeed another day. I ended up on my home course, Champlain.

Prompty 3 putted the first two holes to go two over. I'm fighting my swing most of the time, but managing to hit it ok, getting away with shots and getting up and down when I miss the green. Maybe hit half the greens on the front, quite close on the rest. Managed to get to the 9th even par. It's a front pin so I can't resist trying to take a driver. If you can put a driver down the pipe, it;s gong to trail out left and proably leave you a nice little pitch into a easy front pin. I toe ball it left of the fairway and end up with a 135 yarder over some very tall Chirstmas trees to a blind green. They clap after my shot, it's to 15 feet . I go to tap in the 8 incher and the ball moves on me ...

So the back, I duff my second shot on the 600 yard par 5 and then put a 3 wood to 15 feet and make the par.
    It's a back pin on the 200 yarder 3, I go left and then 3 putt for my first double of the day. I wasn't impressed.
    Another toe ball into left rough followed by a 8i hit dead right, last iron of the day to go right. A little magical pitch bobs off the top of the bunker lp and rolls to 2 feet for another par.
    Have ab oh, 5 footer on the next which hung on the lip long enough for me to start walking up to it before finally dropping in .

I now realize that aside from whatver penalty I have waiting on the 9th, I'm 4 over after 14, ;likley a new personally best. My favourite driving hole, the 14th, I drive into the right rough then pull an iron left which bunces long down a cart path wher3e I take a drop which endes up sort of on a tree route etc...double.
    Another long left pull earns me another bogey
    I block a drive anout 35 degrees right off the 15th, basically I'm folding like a lawnchair. Lucky to find a playable ball, decent SW to just off front right, issed par for another bogey.
    Line drive driver into hazard on right side of fairway. At this point I realize I just wanted to close my eyes and finish the round. I'm fightin' mad now lol. Hit a nice slight fade around the corner to a front pin, but double dipped, fade and half swing with lot's of club and a touch clunky, so ended up short.
    Pull my approach to the last leaving me a really nasty flop over a bunker to a tight pin. I don't really have this shot in my bag, I do pretty good but the ball rolls out for 30 feet. Roll it in with one of the smoothest putts I've made in a while.

So 9 over plus whatever penalty I got on the 9th.

I was starting to get really nervous over 18 inch putts lol. I really feel like if I can just get one round nicely into the 70s it'll be kind of like breaking through the looking glass.

The back 9 took me down before I knew what had happened, next time I'm going down swinging.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Isn't ESC applied after the round when you are determining your adjusted score? (Rule 3-2)

To a hole I played a few weeks ago, had I applied ESC too soon, I never would have had the pleasure of scoring a 12, the worst single hole score in fifty two years of golf. And Bower was killing himself laughing as he pulled ball after ball from the water hazard.
    Just be glad Denyse and I werent there to witness this.LOL.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Just be glad Denyse and I werent there to witness this.LOL.
    Especially Denyse. The last time we played she called me a "wimp" for leaving a putt short of the hole. I can only imagine what she would have said this time. Of course, she would have been laughing so hard, she would have been speechless.

I managed a 14 on the 1st at Manderly once, I think central. I don't think that's the highest score since I was 14.

Thread Information