CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kijiji

Putter HartellL is on a distinguished road

Kijiji

There's an ad on Kijiji for a Scott Cameron belly putter cut down to 32". Never heard of that before... He wants $220

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    Never heard of someone cutting down a shaft?? they do it all the time for irons etc... it can be done no doubt about it.

now price is a different story. You can get newer putter for $220 in the forum
    I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Gap Wedge Gove16 is on a distinguished road
    I actually cut down my scotty this year and love it even more now.

Putter HartellL is on a distinguished road
    Cutting off 10" was new to me, I would have thought the geometry of a belly putter was different than a regular putter.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I would think cutting 10" on a putter would certainly affect it's playability, such as swing weight....just like any other club in the bag.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    This doesnt make any sense. People have different options on cutting down clubs and changing the swing weight and to me it is a personal thing as I have done both. I have ordered a std lenght putter and cut it down to 32' and have also ordered a 33 that had the appropriate weight added to it. Truth of the matter is I always end up going back to my original newport that is over 12 years old and is "cut"down. The thing that I find interesing with out seeing the add is that I though that scotty just started to make the belly putter, unless you are a tour player and had special access. Anyways like one of the other posters said you can get a good scotty on here for 220 and not have to worry about it. Just my 2 cents

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    The change might be nominal when cutting a putter down an inch, we are talking about 10" here. IF the putter was originally built as a long putter I would think that the swing weight would be much greater than your typical 35" putter. I am certainly not a know it all...I just act like it.

4 Iron DewDuster is on a distinguished road
    Maybe he has a really big belly.

Thread Information