CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

Golf Lesson$ Expen$ive!!!

But they're sooooo worth it!

2 years ago I took 3 hours of lessons for $210, or $70/hour. Yesterday I did a half hour lesson for $60, or $120/hour. eeek!

But you know what, I got some video feedback and things to work on my swing that I would have never been able to figure out on my own. I hit the range and boom, instant results.

I HIGHLY recommend checking your ego at the door and go see a pro today!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    But they're sooooo worth it!

2 years ago I took 3 hours of lessons for $210, or $70/hour. Yesterday I did a half hour lesson for $60, or $120/hour. eeek!

But you know what, I got some video feedback and things to work on my swing that I would have never been able to figure out on my own. I hit the range and boom, instant results.

I HIGHLY recommend checking your ego at the door and go see a pro today!
    You need to change your sig block:

2012 Total Earnings: ($28) You are now in a defecit....

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road
    The Canadian is charging $99 for three 1/2 hour lessons and practice sessions (with a minimum 2 month commtiment)

thats $200 for six 1/2 hour lessons for a single, $220 for a couple, and $240 for a family of up to six people.

Seems like a crazy good deal to me. thoughts?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftygolfguy View Post
    The Canadian is charging $99 for three 1/2 hour lessons and practice sessions (with a minimum 2 month commtiment)

thats $200 for six 1/2 hour lessons for a single, $220 for a couple, and $240 for a family of up to six people.

Seems like a crazy good deal to me. thoughts?

sounds good to me.

btw, I signed up for my trackman session next week. real interested to see the results of that!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Had a lesson a few weeks ago as well, but from looking at my own video I already knew what I was supposed to work on. I should probably just become an instructor now

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Had a lesson a few weeks ago as well, but from looking at my own video I already knew what I was supposed to work on. I should probably just become an instructor now
    I'll hire you. You're the short game expert! ;-)
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    sounds good to me.

btw, I signed up for my trackman session next week. real interested to see the results of that!
    They had a trackman at hole #1 (shotgun start - my first hole) today at the Glen Abbey event! I didn't really swing normal due to it being the first hole but had a little bit of fade/slice (10-15yrd), 266 total distance but swing speed was 113.6 crazy....

I asked him if he is going to come to the Ottawa events and he said maybe depending on is schedule. Hopefully they get him out this way !
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Putter snowmen10 is on a distinguished road
    It is very expensive indeed. While a music lesson from a very good musician, even from NAC, costs less than golf lesson. It sometimes very hard to justify the fact that CPGA certified instructor doesn't mean they played in CPGA tour before while costs more than a kind-of-like-on-tour NAC in music...

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    113 mph clubhead speed should fly the ball at least 280 if not more. You must have a negative angle of attack or an off center hit. If you get on trackman or flightscope make sure the person explains angle of attack and smash factor. You want to have a positive angle of attack to maxamize distance and a smash factor of 1.47 to 1.5 is very good. Smash factor is how well you turn club head speed into ball speen. Trackman and flightscope are great fitting and teaching tools when place in the correct hands

Yea, that is a pretty beastly swing speed, and as goley says, around 280 carry with proper contact. I want to see you bust a few of those out there someday

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Yea, that is a pretty beastly swing speed, and as goley says, around 280 carry with proper contact. I want to see you bust a few of those out there someday
    It was probably an off center hit, at least that is my guess. He is going to send all the stats tracked to the events coordinators and we should be able to get them by email.

Lol @ Denis... maybe if I try hard, on day I will bomb it out there 280 maybe more if I'm lucky !!

Thread hijack warning!!!
    How'd the Glen Abbey tournament go? Was the course everything you expected?

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    It was probably an off center hit, at least that is my guess. He is going to send all the stats tracked to the events coordinators and we should be able to get them by email.

Lol @ Denis... maybe if I try hard, on day I will bomb it out there 280 maybe more if I'm lucky !!

Lol... Actually the course conditions were great. Greens were hard even with all the rain yesterday. Only had to fix 1 ball mark all day.

But see golftown thread for details regarding my game!!

back on topic !!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Funny how we do not hesitate to drop $200-300 on clubs but lessons are seen as a flighty expense. I have taken lessons each year for the last 3 and I can tell you my HC has dropped dramatically. The Lessons are worth every penny, now if I had more time to actually practice I would be very happy. The first year my distances went up 1 club, my HC dropped 3 points. I have not been able to practice the last couple of years and I can see the difference in applying what I am learning so a combo of practice and lessons is what I think is best.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information