100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar

Playing a round in Vegas May 13th... question re: rental sets

Back a few years ago I played a round in BC... as it wasn't a golf trip I didn't bring clubs with me. It was a somewhat miserable experience as the driver had a regular graphite shaft in it and I normally play with one that is stiff.

I just booked a tee time for Sunday the 13th at a decent course - they have Callaway and Taylor Made sets available for rent. I told them about my experience in BC and upon checking, they confirmed that all their sets also have regular shafts in them. Is this normal? I would have thought that most non-junior or senior males would use stiff shafted drivers, but seems not.

They said they have some demo drivers but most are regular shafts too, but they'll try to do something to help me out when I get there.

I have tried to modify my swing to accommodate the club in the past with crappy results, and I'd rather not try again. Having said that, it really sucks to play a nice golf course without hitting driver off the tee.

Any bright or brilliant ideas? I'm not sure I'll be able to find a golf shop that would allow me to demo a club for a day...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

BD

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    ...call me crazy... but if you're booking a trip and you're planning on golfing and the rental clubs are not what you're looking for wouldn't one usually... bring their own?

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    If it were a golf trip, yes... but for a half day out of a week-plus, it's a bit of a pain to bring my own clubs. If there's no better solution then perhaps I will consider it, but surely for the sake of one club, there has to be a way. No?

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Buy a driver while there, use impact tape while you play so you dont damage it and then return it?
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    When in Vegas a few years back we rented clubs when playing Wolf Creek - I was a little nervous being a lefty, but they brought out a nice set for me (I believe they also offered Cally & TM) - they also offered demo clubs for the round, and IIRC we ended up using demo drivers.

PS. - Go play Wolf Creek - it was awesome
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Find a golf retailer and demo a club, a buddy did it in Phoenix last November at PGA Superstore.

Thread Information