100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar

Good driving range near Kemptville

So I moved from Ottawa to Kemptville and I can't find a good range. I live at Equinelle and they have a nice range but not what I am looking for. The range is 270 yards deep but they currently use limited flight balls.... I was talking to them this week and apparently they may be going to "normal" or non limited flight balls but will be moving to being a irons only range.

So... What I am looking for a range that does not use limited flight balls where I can use and practice a driver within say 20 minutes or so of Kemptville. Anyone know of anything?

Anyone want to go into business to build one

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    So I moved from Ottawa to Kemptville and I can't find a good range. I live at Equinelle and they have a nice range but not what I am looking for. The range is 270 yards deep but they currently use limited flight balls.... I was talking to them this week and apparently they may be going to "normal" or non limited flight balls but will be moving to being a irons only range.
    Totally agree on Equnielle - the practice facilites are great but the balls are brutal. Would like to see the move to real balls even if it meant leaving the driver at home.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    There used to be a range in Kemptville, it's now a paintball place. You can see how well that worked. There's the one at Clovedale Links in Winchester, 25 minutes. Not exactly close but not too far.
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    There used to be a range in Kemptville, it's now a paintball place. You can see how well that worked. There's the one at Clovedale Links in Winchester, 25 minutes. Not exactly close but not too far.
    Yeah I saw that when I looked around on the internet. There must not be population base to support a range or mini putt. Maybe in a few years it is growing quite a bit out here. 25 minutes is not that bad. I will call Cloverdale to see if they use flight limited balls. I did not think they did but you don't really know unless you ask. Thanks.....

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    Yeah I saw that when I looked around on the internet. There must not be population base to support a range or mini putt. Maybe in a few years it is growing quite a bit out here. 25 minutes is not that bad. I will call Cloverdale to see if they use flight limited balls. I did not think they did but you don't really know unless you ask. Thanks.....
    Cloverdale has an OK grass hitting range. Balls are normal range balls - not the whiffle balls Equinelle uses. Hitting area is reasonably groomed. However, there are limited targets to hit at so it is OK for bashing balls but not so good for working on actually placing the ball.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by byerxa View Post
    Cloverdale has an OK grass hitting range. Balls are normal range balls - not the whiffle balls Equinelle uses. Hitting area is reasonably groomed. However, there are limited targets to hit at so it is OK for bashing balls but not so good for working on actually placing the ball.
    Thanks it has been a while since I played Cloverdale and I couldn't really remember the range. What I did remember about that range was the bugs. Maybe it was just bad the early summer morning I was there.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Personally have never had a bug issue at Cloverdale. Targets are limited but there's not much else around. Does manderly have a range?
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar
    There is a driving range at Jockvale and Greenbank in Barrhaven, as well as Mitch Owens and Dozois in Greely also Emerald Links. Manderley does have a range, but it's irons only and maybe 30 yards wide. Hitting between nets.
    I live in Equinelle as well, not a big fan of the whiffle balls, so, great news to hear that they maybe switching over to normal range balls.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Smiths Falls GC has a nice driving range with regular range balls. I think there are ranges at Dunderosa and Lombard Glen too.

If you haven't played Smiths Falls before then you should - its a great course with fantastic greens and is always in great condition. Try the range before you play!

There is also something called "Juniper Fairways" on Roger Stevens between North Gower and Smiths Falls. I've never stopped in (it looks a little rustic from the road), but I think they have a driving range there.

Putter Dirty Birdie is on a distinguished road Dirty Birdie's Avatar
    I agree on Manderley, 30 yards wide with nets and its a walk to get there. I would try Conely's between Richmond and Munster Hamlet. Nice older gentlemen there who knows the game. Unlimited Range membership for $290, i think....call to confirm.
    If It Goes Right, It's a Slice. If It Goes Left, It's a Hook. If It Goes Straight.....Its a Miracle!!

Thanks everyone much appreciated. I will try them out and get back to folks. Smith Falls is on my early list for this year... based on what I have read in the forum I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    There is a driving range at Jockvale and Greenbank in Barrhaven, as well as Mitch Owens and Dozois in Greely also Emerald Links. Manderley does have a range, but it's irons only and maybe 30 yards wide. Hitting between nets.
    I live in Equinelle as well, not a big fan of the whiffle balls, so, great news to hear that they maybe switching over to normal range balls.

Hey Kosmo... I'm on the 7th hole. Are you right on the course? By the way just spoke with Equinelle and they have ordered the non fligh restricted balls and are hoping to have them fully implement sometime in June. They are confirming that it will be an irons only range. The total depth of the range is 250 yards not the 270 I mentioned earlier, so allowing drivers would mean putting up nets and they are not planning to do that for now.

Hi Sunny, on the 7th hole as well. Grey bungalow on left as you leave the #7 t box. That's great news re: the driving range....even if they change it to irons only...can still hit my driver....getting it 250 is a work in progress..
    Are you a member? Men's night starts this Thursday, May 3. Maybe meet??

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    Hi Sunny, on the 7th hole as well. Grey bungalow on left as you leave the #7 t box. That's great news re: the driving range....even if they change it to irons only...can still hit my driver....getting it 250 is a work in progress..
    Are you a member? Men's night starts this Thursday, May 3. Maybe meet??
    No not a member yet.... maybe next year. I am doing a big project with work this year which means travel and lots of hours, so I could not really see getting out enough to warrant the membership. That being said I hope to get in maybe 30 rounds or so on the course. I am in the townhomes just opposite you. 3 Regalia. My name is Peter by the way... stop by sometime and maybe we can plan to get a round in....

Hi Peter, sorry just getting back to you. Warren is my name. Walked past your place the other evening. Men's night was pretty good. More of a meet and greet. May 10, the games begin. I received my t-time this evening, there were 3 spots available, if your interested.
    I think it is $35.00 for non-member, plus any beverages and food. Maybe see you there??

Hey Warren... perhaps you could send me a PM I would like to know more about t times etc. Might not be regular but I am sure I could get out some evenings....

Peter

9 Iron jjw99 is on a distinguished road jjw99's Avatar
    they a driving range at nation view in south mountain

Hi Peter,
    To play men's night, there is a a sign up sheet on a wall near the washrooms. Put your name down with an email address and the organizer will send you your t-time and who you are playing with. Changes every week. I think it's a great idea, get to meet a lot of the members or neighbours. T-times start at 4:30, on the sheet you can indicate if you want an early or later t-time. Same process for ladies night as well. My wife was out last week, had a good time too. More of a social gathering, appears to be some wine involved after the round.

Warren

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Please stay on topic. - Driving ranges near Kemptville.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information