100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    jhazelton

Ft. Lauderdale - March 6-13

My wife and I will be travelling down to Ft. Lauderdale next month. We have never been to the area and would like some recommendations for 2 or 3 specific courses to play.

She enjoys the game but doesn't hit the ball very far, so we are not looking for courses with 150 yards of water to carry on every other hole. Looking to spend no more than about $75 each per round.

Courses available through Reservations Masters or otherwise...

Thanks,
    Jason

7 Iron HiG4s is on a distinguished road
    here are links to the last minute golfer info on courses in the Ft Lauderdale area..
    each page also has the course offical web site.. Last minute golfer ususally has some decent discount prices you can book on line. (you have to register on the site but it is free) Red flag specials (the really cheap prices) you have to pay in advance with a credit card, but the normal discount prices you just book it, print it, and pay at the course.

Bonaventure East
    Bonaventure West
    Deer Creek
    Emerald Hills
    Hillcrest
    Inverrary East
    Inverrary West
    Jacaranda East
    Jacaranda West
    The Diplomat
    TPC Heron Bay

jhazelton

Looking for first hand knowledge

Thanks for the links, but I am hoping to get some first hand info about the overall style and calibre of particular courses. I have plenty of lists of courses to choose from, but I want to make an informed choice.

Jason

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I emailed Paul Simard who runs our Florida club. He should be in soon to comment. Our members in Florida don't seem to be using the forum yet.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I just got back from Fort Lauderdale and dealt with the Florida Reservation Masters program(as Dan mentioned). We pre-booked 4 rounds thru them and had no problems. We planned on playing Grand Palms($37) and Jacaranda($58) twice but changed our minds while playing Jacaranda and switch to played Grand Palms again. We felt a bit disappointed at the condition of the greens at Jacaranda East...they were good but not great. The conditions were similar at Grand Palms and decided to play there again and save a couple of bucks. Some golfers we met recommended Colony West as a good golf course. For the price(includes cart and taxes), I enjoyed playing Grand Palms which has 27 holes and a lot of water. I can't remember if there were a lot of carry over water from the woman's tees. But if you are willing to pay $75 USD, there are lots of choices in the Fort Lauderdale area. Paul and Louise from the Florida Reservation Masters were great to deal with and you'll save a few $$$ thru them.

Fore!
    Last edited by bobblehead; 02-05-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Thread Information