+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar

Eagle Creek Membership

The sale continues.

Effective immediately until May 18, 2012, new Members you refer to Eagle Creek can join for a reduced membership fee of only $8,750 payable interest-free over 120 months ($72.92 per month plus tax). On May 19, the membership fee will revert to the new pricing of $9,500.

Dues for a Principal or Corporate Member have dropped to $3,350 and those for a Spousal Member to $2,850.

2 Iron joethepro66 is on a distinguished road joethepro66's Avatar
    So, then all in your looking at $400 month? What about the bar tab, tournament fees etc?

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joethepro66 View Post
    So, then all in your looking at $400 month? What about the bar tab, tournament fees etc?
    I calculate $322 per month taxes included. I'm not sure about food and bar. All other fees are less than $100 for the year.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Its more than 322, $82.40+$279.17 = 361.57 It also depends if the 3350 is plus tax and plus bar bill. If so you are over $400/mth

calculators are so unreliable these days

I guess it would probably be around $470/month taxes in for the rest of your life? Kinda like a car payment, but a nice car! Only problem with going to the Creek is you have to put of with Koski...lol (Just kidding Kyle)

Dwight

That's an insane amount of money for golf. Get a Corporate, RM or Exec and put that extra money on your mortgage. Retire earlier and play more golf.

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    The initiation fee is spread over the 120 months at 72.92 + HST = $83.81 per month (slightly less than my Rogers Bill for cable...lol), and the annual dues are $3350 plus HST = $3850 per year. (only $300 per year more than what my membership costs now) Yes there is a bar bill minimum, but all in all this pricing is on par with all of the private clubs, plus you do get access to Kanata, Greyhawk, and the other Clublink courses in Ontario and Quebec. Considering you could walk at any time and not be on the hook for your initiation, for anyone looking at private club memberships, this really isn't a bad deal.

Not an insane amount of money, as thousands are paying it (and more) now at private clubs all across the country. People stop trying to compare PRIVATE to Semi private, or Tee time clubs, thats Apples, oranges, and celery, 3 different things.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    You joining Frenchie? Just got off the phone with Kyle, I am in between Hautes and Eagle and pulling the trigger this week.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    You joining Frenchie? Just got off the phone with Kyle, I am in between Hautes and Eagle and pulling the trigger this week.
    Thinking, will be making up my mind on the 18th (since the deal expires on the 19th) after I get back from a couple of trips. This is a really good deal considering I live in Kanata, 2 mintues from Kanata Lakes and 15 minutes (max) from Eagle.

If you joined EC, it would add to the lure it already has and we almost have a foursome now....lol

Ffrenchy is considering Arnprior to round out a stellar intersectional team...............correct Marc?

Ffrenchy is considering Arnprior to round out a stellar intersectional team...............correct Marc?
    LOL..Dwight, you can't keep a secret eh? lol...starting to sound like a politician. All 3 options are in play right now. Got some thinking to do.

We have to let these A clubs know whos coming for them, its only right.

We have to let these A clubs know whos coming for them, its only right.
    That's one of the things that is a factor, I'd like a shot at the A clubs in Intersectionals too, and would love to help you boys get past B this year...Arnprior starting to look really deep. Eagle is just a better course, better facilities (practice etc) and CGYC has been home for the last 6 years.

Funny how this thread statred talking about Joining Eagle Creek and then turned into Intersectionals.

At $400/month over 10 years is $48K. That's a lot of money and not even taking in consideration interest savings or interest accumulation opportunities. If you have lots of cash and need to have the private club status than more power to you but it still seems like an insane amount of money to play golf when you consider how many options we have in Ottawa to play high quality courses.

Your right it is alot of money, but If you can afford it its worth it.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    At $400/month over 10 years is $48K. That's a lot of money and not even taking in consideration interest savings or interest accumulation opportunities. If you have lots of cash and need to have the private club status than more power to you but it still seems like an insane amount of money to play golf when you consider how many options we have in Ottawa to play high quality courses.
    Care to list them?

There are only a handful of public/semi-private courses that stand up to the conditions/layout of CL courses, especially EC, and the ones that exist cost at least $70 to play.

I have played upwards of 70 rounds per year for the last ~12-15 years. Before I joined a club, I was paying around $3000 per year, even using the discount clubs, and the conditions were OK at best. At least 20% of these rounds would be at what I would call "cow pasture" courses (mediocre conditions at best) just to save some $$.

Today if I wanted to play the "high quality" courses as you put it, it would probably cost almost $5000 per year (say I play 70 rounds @ $70 per -- an extremely reasonable price for a "high quality" course) that's $4900. That's actually more expensive than being a member at EC, and I get to play over 40 courses.

Golf is and expensive pastime, period.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    Care to list them?

There are only a handful of public/semi-private courses that stand up to the conditions/layout of CL courses, especially EC, and the ones that exist cost at least $70 to play.

I have played upwards of 70 rounds per year for the last ~12-15 years. Before I joined a club, I was paying around $3000 per year, even using the discount clubs, and the conditions were OK at best. At least 20% of these rounds would be at what I would call "cow pasture" courses (mediocre conditions at best) just to save some $$.

Today if I wanted to play the "high quality" courses as you put it, it would probably cost almost $5000 per year (say I play 70 rounds @ $70 per -- an extremely reasonable price for a "high quality" course) that's $4900. That's actually more expensive than being a member at EC, and I get to play over 40 courses.

I agree. And if I had the cash I'd be joining either EC or taking advantage of the RV deals.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar

With the discount passes that are available at some of the higher end public courses (SB, LM, EQ) it is possible to get the average per round into the $55-60 range, which is what I have been doing for the last couple of years.

That being said, I'm joining Rideau View because there are other advantages to joining a club.

In the end, money in = money out. Some people spend in on cars, others on cigarettes, hockey tickets, etc. Golf is just as good as anything else.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    With the discount passes that are available at some of the higher end public courses (SB, LM, EQ) it is possible to get the average per round into the $55-60 range, which is what I have been doing for the last couple of years.
    And even at that rate (when and if you can get it) you are spending roughly $4000 per year on golf. Congrats on joining Rideauview. It's a great golf course!

Congrats on joining Rideauview.
    Pending fitness evaluation....

I am with you guys on this juan.....I had it narrowed down to Clublink and Rideauview. I am going with CL and now have to make the decision of Eagle Creek or Hautes Plains as home course.

I played about 100 rounds last year and this will actually save me money, and the CL courses in Ottawa are some of the best tracks around anyways.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Pending fitness evaluation....
    I'm an old guy. They want me!
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    I am with you guys on this juan.....I had it narrowed down to Clublink and Rideauview. I am going with CL and now have to make the decision of Eagle Creek or Hautes Plains as home course.

I played about 100 rounds last year and this will actually save me money, and the CL courses in Ottawa are some of the best tracks around anyways.
    go HP we could use an other player for our weekend skins game.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    he can still be EC and play with us for weekend skins, the question is does he want to play in our Men's night and our member tournaments, the only real difference, right?

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    he can still be EC and play with us for weekend skins, the question is does he want to play in our Men's night and our member tournaments, the only real difference, right?
    good point Denis- make it EC then we could use another member at EC to get us early tee times on weekends.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Exactly what I was thinking too
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    good point Denis- make it EC then we could use another member at EC to get us early tee times on weekends.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    The annual is exactly 3892.86 including tax / 12 = 324.40 a month once your membership is paid up (the 72.92 + tax).
    You will also get a free cart (only at EC) for the first year, as will the person who refers you.
    F+B minimum is a lot more at EC than HP, $410 vs. $300 x 2, pretax. Most members I know spend far more than that anyway.

Thread Information