CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Trackman at Rideauview

I took advantage of the Trackman fitting special at the Rideauview golf club with Matt Robinson. This is the only real way to analyse your swing and its tendencies. The report I received was first interpreted with Matt at the screen and he also explained some of the swing flaws which affected the swing path, face angle and the angle of attack.

The most interesting part was to see that my angle of attack for the driver swing. It was on a downward rather than an upward path. This in itself is a huge factor in distance (too much spin). He gave me a couple of drills to try out at the range to change the path to an upward angle and I hope it works. I received a detailed report of the shots I took with all the information I could possibly want.

I would recommend this session to anyone who is not sure if their swing is good or if it is their equipment. This session showed me I have a minor adjustment to make to my downswing but I was happy to see that my arc and path are pretty good.

It was really interesting and Matt was very helpful and knowledgeable and you cannot beat the price for the best technology around!!!!
    Last edited by leftylucas; 04-16-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    wboudrea has no chance now!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Luc, what was the cost of this?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It was only $85 and I received a complete breakdown, well worth the money and knowing where your swing is at helps more than any club you could ever buy. It was a great investment. Unfortunately it will not help me defeat Wboudrea but it may make me understand why I am hitting the ball so poorly or so well!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Is this only offered at Rideauview and only to members or can others book and, if so, would you know how?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

It is offered here on the forum under Ottawa Golf deals and you get the member price and save $50, that is what I did.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...ing-Centre-Now
    Lefty Lucas

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    ahhhh, yesss. I remember seeing that on here. Ok, the wife's birthday is next week. That means we get presents .... right?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    finally got to do this today and I gotta say its well worth the money. I got some great insight into my swing with regards to attack angle, launch angle and spin. My spin was great, my attack angle a little low but my launch angle was way too low. A few adjustments and it made all the difference.

Matt is a great guy, super laid back and very knowledgeable. I'd strongly suggest anyone with an interest in getting better spend the $ to do this, especially if you are looking at buying new equipment. He's got an awesome set-up trying out lots of different head/shaft combo's.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information