100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Zmax, will give it a try. Not too keen on ebay- why buy your fake Calloway clubs off ebay when yon can buy them direct from China at half the price!!!

7 Iron janton79 is on a distinguished road
    The cameras at my local Golftec say "Costas Imaging" on the side, but I haven't been able to find any reference to these online. Strange.

Pitching Wedge Be-Com is on a distinguished road
    I currently have a p3pro using a p3s eye cam i have read about this camera's ability to have an advanced mode per this link [URL="http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/154/P30/ but i have driver version 4.0.2.1070 runing on win 7 64 bit . I do not have a config file to modify camera works ok but only 30 fps would like to go higher any hints as to the procedure or if it is possible.

http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/154/P0/

On this page it has cleye config file content. Cut and paste it in new file cleye.config and place it in v1 folder with the EXE file.

You may have to log in as administrator to save the file.

Thanks for your quick response i have read that web page ,my problem is i don't have a config file to modify i searched no luck if i check via right click open file location on the cl-eye-driver thier are four files a device manager,cl-eye-test ,ps3EyeAxfilter.ax lastly a folder named Driver. Any suggestions

You have to create config file.

Open notepad as administrator.

Cut and paste contents.

Save as .config file in correct directory

After all the time spent to get the higher frame rate i found out p3pro doesn't support anything higher than 30 fps i will check out the app thanks .

How is this for 2nd camera?

GoPro Hero3 Black $250- 800 X 480 @ 240 fps live HDMI out

into a Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 $ 189

then into the USB3 port

will Motionview pickup the live feed?

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    How is this for 2nd camera?

GoPro Hero3 Black $250- 800 X 480 @ 240 fps live HDMI out

into a Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 $ 189

then into the USB3 port

will Motionview pickup the live feed?
    no-one with tech know how?

will have to email motionview.........

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    We got a Hero HD Go Pro here at work.
    Very good quality videos better than some high end cameras we got.

That said if you look at this page.
    http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/prod...ity/techspecs/

It doesn't looks like it support higher than 60 hz.

You might have to use the usb to transfer the movies to a computer!

Thanks for pointing that out. Will have to find other option. Any suggestion for good cam up to 200 fps that will work with motionview, not FireWire.?

Lob Wedge sliceanddice is on a distinguished road
    I just picked up a Nikon V1. It has a slow motion mode that can be set to 400 or 1200 frames per second. I haven't played with it too much yet for golf but I also grabbed an Eye-fi SD card that transfers automatically to my tablet for better viewing. The same thing can be done with a computer or laptop.

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sliceanddice View Post
    I just picked up a Nikon V1. It has a slow motion mode that can be set to 400 or 1200 frames per second. I haven't played with it too much yet for golf but I also grabbed an Eye-fi SD card that transfers automatically to my tablet for better viewing. The same thing can be done with a computer or laptop.

Do you suppose this will work just as good as streaming? Can video be directly imported into V1?

Thanks!

Lob Wedge sliceanddice is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pboon View Post
    Do you suppose this will work just as good as streaming? Can video be directly imported into V1?

Thanks!
    There is a bit of a delay as the file is transferred from my camera to my tablet. It's not long though (a minute maybe?) it depends on the size of the clip.

I am finding some limitations with the Nikon V1 and the V1 application that I will need to play with more. The video can be imported and then trimmed but the app doesn't accept 1080p video. It's a manual process (click the import button in the V1 app and select the file).

I did a little test in my basement this evening (unfinished with a couple of scattered light bulbs). Normal video captures are fine. The 400fps ones are darker and the 1200fps ones are too dark and unwatchable. I will try again outside or try to get more lighting to see if that helps. The Nikon V1 slow motion modes are limited to 5 second clips. I don't see a timer delay so to properly use it I would likely need a wireless remote or film with a buddy.

If you are using the V1 app alone to do capturing then the Range option will come in handy. It has a 15 second delay, films for 4 seconds, delays 15 seconds, films for 4 more, etc.

I like the Eye-Fi SD. It can be used with my other cameras and sends pictures to my tablet right away. Its nice to be able to look at a bunch of pics on a larger screen. You will need to adjust the timeout/poweroff options on your camera and tablet so that everything gets sent before powering off. You cant stream with it but the transfers don't take too long unless you are doing long videos.

I think overall you might want to think about how you want to record and analyze your videos as that may influence what equipment combination works best. The Nikon V1 might not be the best option especially if recording on your own. I will try some more tests and if there is an improvement then I can upload them somewhere if you want to try to import them into V1 as a test.

I think the answer may have been released today. Ps4 camera
    Specs;
    Video Pixel – (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
    Video Frame Rate – 1280×800 pixel @ 60fps
    640×400 pixel @ 120fps
    320×192 pixel @ 240fps
    Video Format - RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
    Lens – Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
    Capture Range – 30cm~∞
    Field-of-View - 85°

It has 2 cams for 3D field of view. Now we need software, how about the new Swingbyte system to use all the possibilities for a golf swing.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have had my eye on this CPA. It looks fantastic. The only question I can't find is the connection. Is it a dedicated PS45 connection? http://kotaku.com/5985814/detailed-s...ler-and-camera

Yes I saw that issue Bubba. Guess they thought USB2 is on the way out and USB3 too expensive?

Pity if we cannot use it on a PC. Fingers crossed.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I think were there is a will there is a way. the group that developed the PS3eye driver I think has it on their radar. http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/14799/ Lets keep a close ''eye'' on this cam. I imagine a usb convertor must exist!!!!

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    I think the answer may have been released today. Ps4 camera
    Specs;
    Video Pixel – (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
    Video Frame Rate – 1280×800 pixel @ 60fps
    640×400 pixel @ 120fps
    320×192 pixel @ 240fps
    Video Format - RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
    Lens – Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
    Capture Range – 30cm~∞
    Field-of-View - 85°

It has 2 cams for 3D field of view. Now we need software, how about the new Swingbyte system to use all the possibilities for a golf swing.
    will it be 1280x800@60fps or 1280x800@30fps x 2

My tech knowledge is limited, so I am posting the following link for others to comment on.

https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-ann...ion-cam-users/

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I have the HDRAS15. I find it really awesome for filming swings.

Wifi connection to phone/tablet is very fast and the remote view gives you the option of checking the video FOV prior to recording. If all is well you just hit record on your phone/tablet and it starts. Then you stop it same way.

The 120fps at 720p is really all you need.

Goatbarn
    When you say fast.....time from end of swing to view on tablet?

I presume it needs to be trimmed. No Mic trigger? That would be the pain for me.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    No, it is not setup like: swing, wait, see video on tablet.

It is swing. Hit stop. Use menu to go to Send, send to phone/tablet. View on tablet.

It has a mic. Mic triggering however is handled by the software you're using. There is no mic triggering incorporated on the camera.

There is an HDMI live-feed however. Micro HDMI output can be seen on any device accepting HDMI signal. I have hooked it up to my TV to check positions..etc. You can fast forward, slow down, etc. going this route.

You can also see a live feed on your phone/tablet too, but you cannot replay videos or manipulate them until you've uploaded them on your phone/tablet.

I've mostly been taping a bunch of swings. Then have the camera send them to my phone while I continue practicing. Then I check out the videos once their done uploading to my phone on the range.

ZMAX just found this . 120fps for $417 USB2

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrac...-slim/buy.html

CPA,

Did you try this camera? Wondering if anyone has found a better cam than the PS3 eye cam. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by janton79 View Post
    CPA,

Did you try this camera? Wondering if anyone has found a better cam than the PS3 eye cam. Thanks.
    No did not get it. Given the state of play, ps4 coming out and Swingbyte using video ( but on iPad and later android) and USB3 cams I decided to wait. Ultimately Swingbyte (after targetline fix) on windows with ability for 2 ps4 cams would be my choice.

No did not get it. Given the state of play, ps4 coming out and Swingbyte using video ( but on iPad and later android) and USB3 cams I decided to wait. Ultimately Swingbyte (after targetline fix) on windows with ability for 2 ps4 cams would be my choice.

Thanks. I am not patient enough to wait for the PS4 cam so curious i any others have camera suggestions that would work with V1.

Suggest down the line with PS3 eye cam with codelabs driver, 75fps

and front on camera 120fps- board and case from http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrac...-slim/buy.html $279 and $39
    and zmax's suggestion of lens: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1mm-CS-Mou...item589426acf5 for 6 ft away

but V1 licence for 2 cams is out of the ball park. Motionview is $200 odd and has mic trigger. Kinovea you can get away with 2 PS3 eye cams but no mic trigger which is a pain.

I am continuing my ongoing emails to Swingbyte for 2 cam on windows system with PSeye cams, can only try.

good luck

Got a response from point grey yesterday that their usb3 cams will do 640 by 480 at over 200 fps. $600.

If only I could connect it to Swingbyte2.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys I bought a Sony Action Cam that I thought would do MIC triggering. I am looking for a camera to work with V1 that will continuously record, then when I was to see a shot I just hit I can hit something on the ipad that will show me my last shot and give me the option to save it.

Is this possible with any camera / software combo out there? I don't think it is with the Sony unfortunately. TIA.

ETA: I guess it would have to also be wireless (wifi or BT) so i can use it on the ipad right?

Thread Information