100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PEI Golf

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

PEI Golf

Will have 5 days 'working' on the island the last week of May and be based in Charlottetown. For those familiar with the area, what 3 courses should I play and would be able to get on? (i.e. forget the private clubs). I'll have wheels so can travel.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    Fox Meadow. (just across the the Hillsborough Bridge). Then there are lots of options within 35 minutes. Crowbush, Dundarave, Brudenell are about 30 minutes East. Eagles Glen, Anderson's Creek, Green Gables, Glasgow Hills are about 25-35 minutes North. You can pick any three and be happy. Crowbush, obviously, has the most press and is worth trying if you haven't played it before.

Pitching Wedge Big Juicy is on a distinguished road Big Juicy's Avatar
    Having lived in PEI for four years I was fortunate to play every significant course on the Island more than once. If I were to go back to play these would the ones I would want to play first.

1. Dundarave - Fast greens, championship layout.
    2. Green Gables - An old Stanley Thompson design that was recently renovated by Thomas McBroom.
    3. Brudenell River - The local favourite
    4. Crowbush - One of the most difficult I have ever played simply because of the wind off of the ocean. Lives up to the hype.
    5. Eagles Glen - Very fair course with lot's of room to miss off of the tee

There are some other nice courses like Fox Meadow, Anderson's Creek and Glasgow Hills but my top 5 are some of the best in Canada

Putter gunnerdunner is on a distinguished road
    I'm from the Island and worked in the industry there, I would have to agree completely with Big Juicy's choices maybe rotating Brudenell and Crowbush, contact ben@peigolfpacks.com he does packages for all the clubs so you may get it cheaper by playing several times.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Hate to say this, but you may be lucky just to have courses open.....I am from PEI and talked to my cousin the other day, snow on ground and falling still.....

Crowbush is by far the best......

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    tx guys - I think I'm gonna go with Big Juicy's list but elevate Crowbush a notch or two (I've just heard so much about it I can't wait for it to beat me up...lol!). Looking forward to it....(the work, I mean...lol!)
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I know this is an old thread but someone else just asked about Island courses and was referred back to this one. As a displaced Islander who has played every major Island course numerous times I can't believe that Mill River has NOT been mentioned in this thread. If it was good enough for the Big Break.....

Seriously, it is worth the drive.

If you are going to play Crowbush, do yourself a favour and play it from the tips, if you don't you will come away feeling that there are a few Mickey Mouse holes.

S.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Crowbush is the only course I have played there, about 5 years ago and it was awesome. I hit so many great shots that were a foot away from perfect but left me in total jail. Frustrating round, but really fantastic course.
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Score Golf ranks Crowbush 16th in the country......down from 12th last year and one year it was number 1......

IMO -You want Mickey Mouse holes head to Mill river.......an example would be the green on the last par 3............the only thing missing is the clown's mouth.......

Crowbush is second to none......it aint easy........but so worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I know this is an old thread but someone else just asked about Island courses and was referred back to this one. As a displaced Islander who has played every major Island course numerous times I can't believe that Mill River has NOT been mentioned in this thread. If it was good enough for the Big Break.....

Seriously, it is worth the drive.

If you are going to play Crowbush, do yourself a favour and play it from the tips, if you don't you will come away feeling that there are a few Mickey Mouse holes.

S.

Thread Information