CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Golf Town hitting screens/data

Hi everyone...
    I have been to GT lately trying out several drivers and amd wondering what people think of the data provided by their computers...

I am not a BIG hitter, but routinely drive the ball around 250 and a few time a round might get out to 260+...

At GT, I have to swing out of my shoes to get to 250 and seem to average only 235 yards.

What do you guys think? Are there tricks? How does that machine actually measure clubhead speed?

The funny thing is, it tells me I am getting 95mph clubhead speed and ball speed close to 140mph, which is a very nice ratio in my opinion.

Thoughts are welcome...

Most importantly, I notice NO difference between my 6 year old driver and the newest technology for 2012...

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    That's a smash factor of 147 !!! That's lights out man! That's hitting it on the screws! That's better than the pro's !

The problem is your yardage is way off if these number are correct.

Also, I can't beleive that your older driver is as long as the new and improved drivers of 2012. Did you not know that the drivers, along with countless reviews in golf publications for last 6 yrs have been promissing explosive gains, some as much as 30yrds. with the simple twist with a wrench. It's amazing!

So, if you were to to, let's say, add 7 yrds per year for 5 years and then another 20 for this year because thecnology is so much more advanced than 5 yrs. ago, then add 55yrd. to your 250 drives and you should be banging them out there close to 300 .

Just having a little fun. I think you get the drift.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    You could also trying using a new ball. Some of the gt sim balls look like they may have been hit about a thousand times, after spending a couple of years in a pond.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Those sims are all over the place. I was in there a month ago hitting the new Ping line and i flew a couple of drive past the "350" mark. Was in there this week same club same swing and i couldn't push one over 300 yards.

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    plus 1 on them being all over the place, i'll hit a 2 hybrid 265 then a driver 265. they really make no sense. i just use the sims to judge if i like the feel of the club or not. distances haven't changed much since the first .830 cor drivers IMO.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road
    do the sims show spin rates? are they reasonably accurate?

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    That is one of my questions/concerns... How does it determine clubhead speed? Spin Rate? Ball speed? Where are the sensors? I have used a Vector launch monitor and it was taking a picture from a foot away from the ball to determine launch angle and spin rate...
    I just don't see how this works at GT...
    I worked for years with DeadSolid Golf simulators and they had a sensor board you hit off to measure things...
    I am really questioning any of this info from GolfTown...

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Make that a plus 2. I only use the screens to let me feel the club as for distance it hasn't really changed that much over the years. Just some days are better than others....

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    I hit hybrid 300+ at their sims but can't get a driver past 280.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I had the same experience there years ago. I was still wearing a suit and dress shoes coming from work, and wasting time at the centrum before a Sens game. I hit a 19 degree hybrid over 300 yards. This was a few years ago, and I could hit the ball a bit longer then, but I'd be lucky to hit that hybrid over 200 yards now.

Well I bought it, and can you believe when I got it out on the course I could only hit it about 215-220?
    Andrew

Gap Wedge Gove16 is on a distinguished road
    agreed, I always bring my own club in and look at the numbers then hit the club i'm considering buying and see what the difference is. I heard if your SS is between 80-100 it is fairly accurate, anything above that it is not accurate at all.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    I don't know what to think anymore. Distance seems somewhat accurate at the gt sims but my problem is the direction and spin. I have a problem with hooking a lot of clubs yet in the gt sims everything is pretty straight then I hit the range and it's just not the same.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Golf town Has just Switched one of the sims to brand new tech last week! Go try the new one!

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    I don't know what to think anymore. Distance seems somewhat accurate at the gt sims but my problem is the direction and spin. I have a problem with hooking a lot of clubs yet in the gt sims everything is pretty straight then I hit the range and it's just not the same.
    I have the exact opposite issue. I drive relatively straight (i mean... there's the wind.. and the earths rotation and a variety of other things i blame) but on the golf town sims, I'm damn near sideways every time. Then of course the sales guy discreetly leaves a brochure for golf lessons on my jacket. Knob.

Pitching Wedge Big Juicy is on a distinguished road Big Juicy's Avatar
    If you are serious about buying a new driver and want one that will perform, NEVER buy it based on half a dozen shots into a net. There are outdoor fit days (not to be confused with demo days) all over the city during the season where you can choose a driver using Flightscope or Trackman with help from the equipment rep and club pro. Serious distance gains can be found with patience, not an impulse purchase based on sim data.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Big Juicy, you got it right. Last year I visited a Callaway fitting day. The Callaway rep had me hit drives with my existing driver while on the trackman. Based on the results, he had me try a few different combinations of driver heads and shafts until we found a good fit. Gained at least 15 yards just by fitting shafts and heads based on trackman technology, his expertise and how the club "felt" during the swing. These fitting days happen almost weekly with all the manufacturers at different clubs and ranges around the city. Definitely worth taking advantage of the expertise and technology.

Thread Information