100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

What should I use to protect my new golf shoes?

I just bought a new pair ofAdidas Tour 360 ATV to replace my old Tour 360 that I had for the past 4 years.My old 360 are the best golf shoes I've ever had!!!! Even after 4 years they'restill not taking in any water, I play about 40-50 rounds a year, now they'restarting to look like crap so it time to change. Believe it or not I use tomaintain them with Jig-a-Loo. So I'm wondering should I keep protecting my newones with Jig-a-Loo or is there something better out there? Are the products soldat golf town any good or is it's just a regular shoe protector sold at any shoestore??? I did buy the cedar shoe trees to put in after each rounds.

If you have any informationplease let me know.

Thanks and have a great season

Ross

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road
    socks

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishgolf View Post
    socks
    Now that's funny!!!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Actually I would use the same protector used for winter boots, they are a good product. I brought an old pair of Footjoys that looked like crap but were still very water tight to a shoe repair shop and they cleaned and shined them up really well. They are so nice I can wear them another season without shame.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

Jig-A-Loo is a revolutionary new product that combines the power of a lubricant with the properties of a water-repellent.
    It's a dry silicone-based lubricant that, unlike any other lubricant, contains no oil, grease, wax, petroleum distillates or detergent, so it doesn't stain or stink. It stops squeaks, un-sticks just about anything, protects against rust, and is an exceptional water repellent.
    Jig-A-Loo is ideal for wood, metal, glass, rubber, leather, fabrics, most plastics and a number of other surfaces, helping just about anything operate and slide better. With thousands of uses around the house, garden, workshop, boat, campground and more, it's The Can of All Trades™.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I was told by one of the GT shoe salesmen to not use anything on your shoes. If for some reason you have a warranty claim, it would be void because you used a product on the shoes.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    My icons are out of warranty, but still waterproof. I'm gonna give the jig-a-loo a try. I've been using an aerosol can of some kind of protector that my wife uses for her fancy winter boots, but that stuff is expensive.
    Andrew

3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    You are lucky your Tour 360's lasted that long. I too still have a pair and they are probably the best shoes I've ever had. I made the mistake of buying 2 pairs of Tour 360 4.0 at Golf Shoes of America in North Myrtle Beach last year. I figured 4.0 would be be better than the originals. Even at only $120 a pair, most certainly the worst golf shoes ever. My Arnold Palmer slippers give me more foot support!
    He who hits last, walks alone

Thread Information