100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garmin g6

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road

Garmin g6

Just ordered this unit , my first golf gps , I hope it's good ,if anyone has any info on this please feel free to comment

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    I really wish someone gave you a reply scottish. I'm up in the air between G6 and Golf Buddy World. I would like to purchase in the next couple days. anybody......? Help
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

6 Iron KurtW is on a distinguished road KurtW's Avatar
    I have a G3 and absolutely love it. If I didn't have it and knew how great it is, I wouldn't hesitate to get the G6. I'm actually considering giving my G3 to my wife and getting the G6. I especially like the fact you don't have to subscribe to get courses. Garmin does an update quarterly and most of the courses I play are on there. Can't recommend Garmin enough!!

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW View Post
    I have a G3 and absolutely love it. If I didn't have it and knew how great it is, I wouldn't hesitate to get the G6. I'm actually considering giving my G3 to my wife and getting the G6. I especially like the fact you don't have to subscribe to get courses. Garmin does an update quarterly and most of the courses I play are on there. Can't recommend Garmin enough!!
    Thank you very much!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sand Wedge KDMcC is on a distinguished road
    Before you buy, have a look at the list of Canadian courses available (http://www8.garmin.com/intosports/go...a.html#Ontario) and make sure the ones are likely to play are there. You might be OK since you are in the Ottawa area but I noticed that there seem to be very few valley courses (if any) in the list. Being in Petawawa, this was an issue for me when I bought a golf GPS and I went with the GolfBuddy (Platinum) since virtually all the valley courses were available. The GolfBuddy has served me well.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    The link you provided is very limited on courses. If you go to the top and put in a city and province the list is much more extensive. I'm thinking of the G6 and most of the courses I play are on it with maybe one but I can live with that. I want to see one working before making a change from my Skycaddie. I like the idea of the touch screen and the battery life with the G6. Where did you order it from???

here's a better link for searching courses...

http://sites.garmin.com/clsearch/cou...=en&country=CA

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Where did you order it from???
    Golf Town shows it for sale on their website.

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

I have had the g6 for a couple of weeks now ,only used it on one coarse, the unit is small ,screen is small,resolution not that good ,but I may be falsely comparing it to golf logix on the iPhone (a bit unfair ) it does everything you would want or need from a gps ,and it locks on to satalite no problem,there are coarses on it from all over the world,and yes there is a lot in Canada ,you can also email there customer service with requests for coarses if your are not on it ,they don't promise to put it on but they do say they will try , coarses are updated every quarter I believe ,for my first gps I'm quite happy with it and I don't have to pay for updates or yearly subscriptions. Sorry not a great review but just my opinion on the garmin g6.

Thread Information