CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    With the discount passes that are available at some of the higher end public courses (SB, LM, EQ) it is possible to get the average per round into the $55-60 range, which is what I have been doing for the last couple of years.

That being said, I'm joining Rideau View because there are other advantages to joining a club.

In the end, money in = money out. Some people spend in on cars, others on cigarettes, hockey tickets, etc. Golf is just as good as anything else.
    Last year was under 30$ to play Outaouais with RM, hard to beat at that price.
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Yes, that's a good deal. But with RM and the other services there are a limited number of tee times on the premium courses so you might not get what you want, assuming they have a full list of courses you want to play.

For what you spend on clothes you could join the Hunt Club!
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    That was the big difference for me. The fact that I can go anytime I want before/after work and practice, or get out for 9 holes, even a full round without having to fight for spots or tee times. I used ExecutiveGolf before and it was limiting that way that there had to be a spot open at the course, and a lot of the times the times were already taken if I wanted to do anything last minute.

Either way, both are great choices, depending on how much you play and when.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Geez...400-500 a month? I can see retired people affording that but you guys in your 20s with cars, wives and mortgages? I wish!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Geez...400-500 a month? I can see retired people affording that but you guys in your 20s with cars, wives and mortgages? I wish!
    If you're in your 20's, you can join a top course in Ottawa for less than $300/month (averaged over the year). Depending on where you live, and where you're driving to play your golf right now, you might be surprised to see the variance if you actually run the numbers... I know I was.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Being in your 20s is key. I'm paying $2500 initiation over 11 years and $150ish per month for dues (only 10 months though, no bills November and December) with no house minimum to play and practice at a private golf club. I did Corporate Golf for a few years and played about 50-60 rounds per year and spent about the same (while golfing more) last year.
    If you're an avid golfer and in your 20s joining a club is a no brainer in the Ottawa area.
    Even I've never heard of me

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Being in your 20s is key. I'm paying $2500 initiation over 11 years and $150ish per month for dues (only 10 months though, no bills November and December) with no house minimum to play and practice at a private golf club. I did Corporate Golf for a few years and played about 50-60 rounds per year and spent about the same (while golfing more) last year.
    If you're an avid golfer and in your 20s joining a club is a no brainer in the Ottawa area.
    very true.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    We had the chance to join CL in 2001 when we were at the Dome( HP) Back then I think it was 2300.00 for initiation and about 2000.00 a year.Our kids were in college and university and there was no way we could afford it. Could kick myself now for not joining. As we are both retired, we just cant afford a private club anymore but its the way to go for you young lads and gals. We are truly blessed to have such a wide variety of courses in this area. Enjoy the season.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    > Last year was under 30$ to play Outaouais with RM, hard to beat at that price.

$25 at EG

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I played over 100 rounds last year and think my cost per round for the year was $15ish. That is with no restrictions on playing time and full use of the practice facility on days the game is too crappy to take out on the course.
    The last year I was with CG I played Outaouais about 40 times at $22 per round.
    Add that to the $250 or whatever I paid for the CG membership and it got close to my 100+ rounds last year.
    Outaouais had a really good membership offer a few years ago too.
    Even I've never heard of me

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Yes, that's a good deal. But with RM and the other services there are a limited number of tee times on the premium courses so you might not get what you want, assuming they have a full list of courses you want to play.

For what you spend on clothes you could join the Hunt Club!
    I have no clue what ur talking about... clothes?!?
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Okay there Rickie...
    Quote Originally Posted by sebber View Post
    I have no clue what ur talking about... clothes?!?

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    The courses on EG and CG and RM do not compete with Clublink courses.....other than the few premium courses they have that are at a premium price.....

BTW- just made the call, looks like Eagle Creek will be my choice.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    well done man- look forward to playing with you, heard you got some game.

Thanks broski......with a name like habsfan we will get along just fine.........I will wear my skrudland jersey when we play....lol....#39 - number 1 in my heart.....

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Congrats Essay! Great track, free cart, excellent choice.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Welcome to the Creek!

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by joethepro66 View Post
    Ffrenchy is considering Arnprior to round out a stellar intersectional team...............correct Marc?
    Don't forget, you still have to qualify for this team. Sounds like you have him as a shoe in. Seen it all before!

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Don't forget, you still have to qualify for this team. Sounds like you have him as a shoe in. Seen it all before!
    No one is implying a Shoe in...EVERYONE has to tee it up and EARN a spot, no matter where.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Just yanking your chain. Come tee it up!

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    That being said, I'm joining Rideau View because there are other advantages to joining a club.
    welcome to the view, let me know if you want to get a round in!
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

I have played Kanata twice since joining CL. I have to say - first class all the way... my favorite thing so far......4 hour rounds......maybe 4:15......no more waiting..........priceless

This is definitely one of the big things for me. Got to play HP and EC this weekend, after a number of public golf up to now. Each round was under 4 hours, I think I waited on one hole for 5 minutes for the entire weekend. It might get a little worse in summer time when there's more traffic but right now it's awesome

I have played Kanata twice since joining CL. I have to say - first class all the way... my favorite thing so far......4 hour rounds......maybe 4:15......no more waiting..........priceless

How are conditions at HP and EC?...Kanata was better than any public tracks I have played - Prescott, Marshes, Casselview, Nation etc

No restrictions on cart path or anything either......dry and greens were rolling true as well.....

HP is pretty good, greens are decent, and the course is dry. Still needs some work but its early in the year, so can't ask for too much. EC is definitely better, greens are pretty quick as usual, some fairways have some dried out areas but overall it's much better than anywhere else I've played so far this year.

How are conditions at HP and EC?...Kanata was better than any public tracks I have played - Prescott, Marshes, Casselview, Nation etc

No restrictions on cart path or anything either......dry and greens were rolling true as well.....

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    The rounds are quick right now because the courses aren't that busy. Wait until things start moving and you may take this statement back. With the standard round time for EC and KL (dictated by clublink) to be 4:20, you will certainly find rounds getting into the 4.5-5 hour range. In the meantime....enjoy!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    4 hour rounds? mind = blown
    You only get out of something what you put into it

It'll definitely get worse in the summer time, and EC is probably the worst for slow play in the summer at least that's how I remember it, just because it's probably the most punishing (and people spend 5 minutes looking for their ball in the woods).
    Weekdays should always be fast imo, weekends you should get an early tee-time to avoid as much slow play as possible

Thread Information