Hey guys, just looking for some opinions regarding a thought I have about my irons. I play a set of Taylormade RACs OS2 (2005). I purchased them new in 2009 I believe.

My irons have a ton of offset when I compare them to other irons. This will be my third year playing. My first year I only played irons and had trouble with hooking the ball which I believe was caused by the offset. Last year I straightened things out and developed a nice baby fade and started to hit 3wood. Near the end of golf season last year I started to implement driver as well.

So far I've been flushing my irons pretty well this year (4 rounds in) and the 3 wood and driver are so so. My miss is a slice and I've determined it is caused by me not having the clubhead squared at impact. It took me the longest time to figure out what the problem was but pondering about it this winter certainly helped.

I can now hit much straighter tee shots with my driver and 3 wood when I am conscious of squaring the head at impact and not leaving it open. My theory is that when hitting my irons my hands are positioned in a way that is open since there is soo much offset. However, when I do the same thing with driver or 3wood, it slices hard since I don't have the same offset.

The last few rounds I've had a few misses left with my irons which is something I rarely do. I am thinking that conscious thought of squaring the head at impact is creeping into my iron play causing me to hit a draw and going left of my target.

Does this make sense to anyone or am I going crazy? If it helps I am roughly a 15 handicap. This will be the first year that I really start traking it. I would like to break 80 once this year and get into a single digit handicap. My best score at Upper Canada Golf course last year was 84. I usually averaged anywhere from 85-92.

Cheers