100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Clinic

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar

Aimpoint Clinic

Talked to an instructor who will be hosting an Aimpoint Clinic in Ottawa most likely in May, which I'll be attending. Has anyone ever taken it? I believe they held one at the Marshes last year.

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    I have not taken one but tried to get one going last year here - a total failure. People would rather drop $$ on new toys than actually scoring better. It really is hilarious the perceived value a $350 driver gets vs investing in a half day clinic. Anyway...
    The same instructor did host a clinic at Marshes last year, attended primarily by CPGA pros he knows. Every person who has taken a clinic comes away impressed and making more putts. I'll be attending this year.

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    i remember reading about them on TGN site. seems like an interesting concept. I'd potentially be interested based on costs.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Well I'm definitely dropping the money this year for it because I think it would be incredibly useful and definitely drop some strokes from the putting game. I've read a ton of reviews and opinions on it and 95% of people are saying it helped them a lot with reading greens and leaving them a much shorter putt or tap-in.

They're having a clinic at the Marshes on May 12th, but there's only a couple spots left apparently.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    How much is the course?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

$250

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Are you referring to a clinic given by Erik from golf evolutions?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Are you referring to a clinic given by Erik from golf evolutions?

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Do you have a link to the details?

I'm not sure if it's listed anywhere officially, but see this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/55122/aimpoint-success/18 I inquired about it at http://thesandtrap.com/ as that was the only place they talked about a clinic in Ottawa/GTA. I then got details and reserved my spot from Erik through email.

Putter iacas is on a distinguished road iacas's Avatar
    Hi, thanks Denis.

Yes, Dave Wedzik and I are going to be conducting an AimPoint clinic on Saturday, May 12th, at 8:30am at the Marshes GC in Kanata, Ottawa, Ontario.

http://www.brookstreet.ca/golf.php

The class will begin, again, at 8:30am and will run 2.5 hours, though students should plan to stay until about noon if they want to keep practicing. We'll probably still be around doing an Edel putter fitting or two (let us know if you'd like to be put through a putter fitting!). We're going to take our time and make sure everyone is *really* prepared to start making a lot more putts right away.

Students should bring a small notepad (or a smart phone) for taking notes, a putter, and themselves. If you'd like to prepare, you can practice two things. First, work on hitting your starting lines. Second, work on controlling your distance (your speed control). Both will help you take in AimPoint that much more quickly.

Cost is $250, and class size is limited to 12 participants. We have two already with DenisO and another member from TST, and Graham Gunn (who went through the class with several other pros last fall, and is hosting us to do this clinic again) is bringing anywhere from 6-10 people himself, so space is limited.

Of course, we're not opposed to doing another clinic later in the year if interest "spills over."

I hope in posting this information I'm not violating any of the forum's rules.

P.S. Last year we were there in October and hosted it at a driving range near a bridge being re-constructed. This will be our first visit to the Marshes for an AimPoint clinic, but we're excited as we really like visiting our neighbor to the north, seeing Graham and his family, and hanging out in Ottawa.

P.P.S. We taught a gentleman with the last name of "Hogan" in our class last October. Also, yeah, we're not publicizing it a lot because the class is virtually full already.

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    Erik,
    Great to see you and Dave are making it up here again - I was sorry to miss last year's clinic. I've been talking with Gunner and I'm also happy to see that people are starting to see the value in this. Anyone who participates won't be disappointed. I remember a thread on this very forum last year with folks lamenting their propensity for three and four jacking greens. See you on the 12th!
    Dominic

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Just wondering why the clinic in the USA is $175 and here it is $250, we Canadians are very sensitive about this type of huge discrepancy.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Just wondering why the clinic in the USA is $175 and here it is $250, we Canadians are very sensitive about this type of huge discrepancy.
    There are a few reasons, but primary among them is the fact that because we're not going to be nearby for a follow-up clinic covering more advanced AimPoint techniques, we're extending the class and will be covering a few of the more advanced topics that go a bit beyond the standard "Fundamentals" class. That's why people should be prepared to stay beyond what would normally be a class ending at 10:30 (2 hours).

The currencies are basically the same now and that's unlikely to change any time soon. It's not a currency issue. Is that what normally causes the sensitivity?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes the currency issue for sure, I look at a 40%+ difference and it makes me wonder what extra value there is compared to what is offered on your website. At first glance the time spent at the clinic seems to be the same:

Sunday, April 22nd

Fundamentals Class

Mendon Golf Club

Hosted by Sean Lalley

Cost $175 for 2.5 hour class

Time: 2:00 pm

In my mind such a discrepency would mean I am getting 40% more value, the most expensive class you list there is $200, I am just trying to get my head around the difference.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Yes the currency issue for sure, I look at a 40%+ difference and it makes me wonder what extra value there is compared to what is offered on your website. At first glance the time spent at the clinic seems to be the same. In my mind such a discrepency would mean I am getting 40% more value, the most expensive class you list there is $200, I am just trying to get my head around the difference.
    Even if the classes were exactly the same (two instructors versus one is one difference), are you considering the eight hours you'll be sitting in your car and the gas money?

If you'd like to attend, we'll be happy to have you. If you'd like to drive to attend another with John Graham, enjoy - he's a very good instructor as well and a friend of ours.

Small point, but I'm not sure what site you think is ours, btw. I won't link to ours because I want to respect this forum, but the AimPoint site doesn't list prices and our site (Golf Evolution) doesn't even list this clinic or some of the others we're doing in April and May.

No need to get defensive, I asked a legitimate question based on the information on your website.
    Lefty Lucas

I also noticed the increased price, but figured it was due to the extra costs on their end to do the travelling to get up here. Although, if the class covers a little more than what would normally be covered in a fundamentals class and goes into some more advanced topics or at least gets you on the right track to learning them that would be great. I'd love to learn as much as I can, but without an instructor close to this area, it might take awhile.

It looks interesting for sure and from what I read the benefits are well documented by many other golfers. I just was saying why are we paying more IF its the same.
    Lefty Lucas

No need to get defensive, I asked a legitimate question based on the information on your website.
    I apologize if you took it as defensive. I was just trying to explain the difference in cost. The primary reason is as I stated. Another reason is due to our costs, which we minimize as much as possible.

I'm still not sure what site you're referring to, but yes, AimPoint clinics that have minimal travel for the instructor(s) tend to run $175 to $225. We give them indoors for $175 at our location, which you're welcome to visit any time. If you know Graham catch a ride down with him sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    I also noticed the increased price, but figured it was due to the extra costs on their end to do the travelling to get up here. Although, if the class covers a little more than what would normally be covered in a fundamentals class and goes into some more advanced topics or at least gets you on the right track to learning them that would be great. I'd love to learn as much as I can, but without an instructor close to this area, it might take awhile.
    FWIW, we can't legally advertise it as more than a "Fundamentals" class, but we will deliver as much value as we can and everyone, in our experience, is happy at the end.

Lefty Lucas

Here is the site I looked at.
    Thanks. That's John Graham's site, not ours nor the AimPoint site itself (http://www.aimpointgolf.com).

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Who do I contact to register?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Who do I contact to register?
    You can send me an email, but if you've previously registered with Graham, I don't think you need to do anything. I'll check on this but it will be tomorrow (I'm about to head out to a hockey game and will be gone the rest of the night). You can email me any time (erik@thegolfevolution.com).

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    FWIW (and not to pump up another forum) but I frequent Eriks site (TST) and he knows what he's talking about. I wish I was able to attend last years course, which I believe was out at Greyhawk last year. I am seriously considering going this year...just confirming the weekend with the wife.

Yea, I've been frequenting the forum as well lately.
    That Patrick57 guy though, ugh, what a character

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    I will save myself $250 but will make Denis spend 3hrs with me on a putting green teaching me is new found wisdom, if he's lucky ill buy him a coke.

Sorry, everything I learn stays in my head, unless you'd like to take a lesson from me. $50/hr is my rate, top notch teachings I promise

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    I will save myself $250 but will make Denis spend 3hrs with me on a putting green teaching me is new found wisdom, if he's lucky ill buy him a coke.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    yea right im not falling for that one, you guys couldnt even teach me how to chip

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    LOL

Seriously though , if i had enough time to invest in my golf game , i'd be all over this seminar/course
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information