100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I have to reset my camera settings every time I turn my computer off.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Your machine vision camera settings don't revert to default after your computer is off for a few hours?
    Well, let's just say I never change them when I go to play. I don't think they are resetting (based on the fact that the system works) every time but I could be wrong. I did have a problem when I was orginally getting them up where two settings files were getting created. Something to do with administrator rights. When that was happening the changes wouldn't get saved - or they'd be saved in one but not the other. Can't remember, it was maddening. I ended up doing a remote session with protee to make sure the cameras were right and they figured that out to prevent it from happening. I didn't exactly figure out what they did because he wasn't 100% sure why it was happening so he bounced around on the computer a lot. I haven't gone back in to check again since then.

Do a search on you computer to see if you have one or two settings files. Maybe this has nothing to do with it.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I never have to reset the cams!
    Did once lose all interface settings.

Have you updated the cam drivers?
    One of the updates was to get the settings to stick.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Some pc's have this issue. Its a pointgrey driver issue. ProTee created a utility for this.

http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...utter-and-gain

Hope that helps!

Does the utility have to be run every time you play ProTee, Cory?

I wonder if it is the same computers with problems with the Charleston course.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Does the utility have to be run every time you play ProTee, Cory?

I wonder if it is the same computers with problems with the Charleston course.
    Only after a restart.

Should be able to run this in a batch file along with the protee interface. So all you would have to do is double click the batch file and the camera settings will set and the Protee interface will start.

Hmmm, sounds like a plan, Z. Going to get ya in an online game one of these fine days.

Bring it psace.

I'm almost done with the batch file. Will test it out tomorrow.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Im in.

I'll be available after Monday.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    You can also just put it in your startup folder so that it starts with windows

Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    You can also just put it in your startup folder so that it starts with windows
    Crap. Didn't even think about that. LOL!!!

My cams still gets power even after the computer has been shutdown. The red led stays on!
    Maybe that is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by goatbarn View Post
    Im in.
    You have to leave your woods in your bag, goatbarn!

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Hey Zmax,

I totally forgot that I had ordered those lenses you recommended until they arrived
    at my office today.

I already had Protee do a remote and they said my setup looks fine...do you think
    I should change out the lenses and go with settings you recommended? Will I gain
    anything by doing so in your opinion?

Thanks man.

Post some screen shots of both camera capture windows so I can see how the ball streaks look. If both cameras are working fine and you don't have any issues with shot detection or strange readings, then there's no need to use those lenses or my settings.

Capture 4.JPGCapture 5.JPGLaunch.JPG
    Post some screen shots of both camera capture windows so I can see how the ball streaks look. If both cameras are working fine and you don't have any issues with shot detection or strange readings, then there's no need to use those lenses or my settings.

hcam capture 4.JPGhcam capture 5.JPGhcam launch.JPG

Looks fine to me. How does the ball streak look with the driver?

For me it looks like the cam see's something on the right side of the picture that isn't there, next ball streak?
    I got a little larger FOV but if you can capture the ball hit with a driver then you are fine.

Guess you are aware the red square is set high the ball is not centered in the square?

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    For me it looks like the cam see's something on the right side of the picture that isn't there, next ball streak?
    I got a little larger FOV but if you can capture the ball hit with a driver then you are fine.

Guess you are aware the red square is set high the ball is not centered in the square?
    I've since adjusted my vcam to get a better angle as suggested by Protee support and set my ball better in the square....yes drivers seem to read well.

Maybe I've got it all figured out!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good. Should work great. How is PEI thelono? I have played some great tracks there like Crowbush, Dundrave etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Good. Should work great. How is PEI thelono? I have played some great tracks there like Crowbush, Dundrave etc.
    Yeah Bubba, we have some great courses here. I'm not too far away from said courses. I usually get around to playing most of the good couses on the Island a few times a year but I am a member at Avondale Golf Course. A real gem, and 8 minutes away.....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yep. Played a tone in PEI. Used to live in Halifax. Great tracks in PEI and I would encourage folks to go play there if they have a chance!

I've changed to the better lenses and run both cams at 640x480 and changed the default value in the settings file. I had to re-align my cams to get the ball back in the red squares. The picture is much, much clearer in the previews and I think I'm getting better ball detection......however

I am wondering why I now have to enable format 7 in the camera stream screen (what he heck is format 7 anyway?) every time i start the system and change the resolution width from its default value of 752 to 640. Otherwise the ball is not in the red square. Is the a way around this?

Also I occasionally have an issue with my cams where the preview pic starts jumping almost like the horizontal sync issue that used to be on old tvs. Anyone else ever have this? I usually find out about the issue during a game or range session when it is clear the launch angles aren't being read by the cams. I usually have to restart the interface to rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by thelono View Post
    I am wondering why I now have to enable format 7 in the camera stream screen (what he heck is format 7 anyway?) every time i start the system and change the resolution width from its default value of 752 to 640. Otherwise the ball is not in the red square. Is the a way around this?
    After setting it to 640X480, adjust the camera so that the ball is in the red square. You turn your computer off at night? Some computers can't hold the camera settings after a shutdown. Protee doesn't know why yet. I will be adding a procedure to my original write up on how to make the camera settings automactically on startup.

Quote Originally Posted by thelono
    Also I occasionally have an issue with my cams where the preview pic starts jumping almost like the horizontal sync issue that used to be on old tvs. Anyone else ever have this? I usually find out about the issue during a game or range session when it is clear the launch angles aren't being read by the cams. I usually have to restart the interface to rectify.
    This could be an issue with USB power or lack of bandwidth. Make sure your cameras are on separate controllers. I have each of my cams on dedicated USB controllers.

I don't shut he computer off..it just goes into hibernation.

How do I know if my USB ports are on separate controllers?

How do I know if my USB ports are on separate controllers?
    Par2pro posted a link to a program called usbview. I can't find it now but you can looks for it here or on the Protee thread. Or Google it.

You want the cams to be on separate 'Root hubs'.
    Each root hub will have 4 usb ports do only use the one port for the cam and nothing else on the other 3 ports.
    So you need 3 root hubs or more. One for each of the cams and then the rest can be together on root hub.

I do not have issues with the cams forget the settings! My usb ports stay powered on even after I turn off the computer.
    That is a Bios setting I believe all computers can use.
    I also updated the firmware in the cams but do not think it had to do with that.

I also lose my resolution settings after computer shutdown. It is a bit of a pain but I have become used to it now.

I had the same problem with the camera picture jumping around. I needed a good active usb cable (I used Tripp-lite) no longer than 16 feet to fix this. If this doesn't solve the issue then try different root hubs. I ended up putting in two powered pcie usb cards for the cams but this is probably not needed.

I haven't found the setting in the bios for powering the usb ports after shutdown but that would probably solve the resolution issue.

This is the link for usbview and it is a good program for finding usb controllers:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...-usb-view/5982

Thread Information