100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lob Wedge Illinimd32 is on a distinguished road
    Yeah i have never been able to see ANYTHING in those frames. I have also yet to have any info recorded in the boxes displaying shot info on that screen either. As i mentioned the screen initially says "Ready" and then changes after the swing to say something like "swing recorded, but no data or images show up. On the main interface screen i can get all the recordings (swing speed, inside/outside, etc) with each swing but have never had either Vcam or Hcam record any images in any of the subsequent frames.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    While in the camera tab. Have you tried closing all the windows(click save), exit the interface then restart? Have you tried it with the Protee range running? ALT-TAB to the desktop, then open up the interface that was already running.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    I didn't see anywhere stating that you clicked on Preview first - have you clicked the Preview button first before attempting the swing?

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road
    Try this:

http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...l-camera-setup

Enable the cams first. Save it and restart the interface.

OK guys, I managed to go back through things and voila! started working. I unfortunately started seeing more of the slices I'm used to seeing on the real course. I tried hitting on a few different holes and had no issue with driver/3wood but seemed to have difficulty picking up PW. I also noticed a few times Hcam reading was zero also while hitting and maybe 30-40% of time, wasn't picking up swing at all with the wedge. Do the cameras have to be calibrated each time you play or just if you notice problems cropping up. Thanks again everyone for the help.
    Attached Images

10* out-in and 3* open face will result in a big slice. Try to swing 10* inside-out.

Once calibrated, the settings will stay as long as the cameras have power. If you power down the PC for a few hours, the settings will go back to default. I took screen captures of all my settings so it'll only take me a few minutes to setup them up again.

Your H-cam appears to be out of focus and not exactly lined up with the target line. When using a wedge, make sure the the club crosses the reset sensors on back swing. Most people tend to lift the club up or hinge too quickly resulting in the shadow of the club face not crossing the reset sensors.

So is the ball flight being determined by the a)club passing over the floor sensor, b)ball flight with the cams, c)both. So my ? is if one of the cams is off a bit, does the floor sensor make up for this or will the simulation of ball flight be out of whack?

Quote Originally Posted by Illinimd32 View Post
    So is the ball flight being determined by the a)club passing over the floor sensor, b)ball flight with the cams, c)both. So my ? is if one of the cams is off a bit, does the floor sensor make up for this or will the simulation of ball flight be out of whack?
    Both. The side spin is estimated from the club face/club path. If the cameras are off, your initial ball direction and/or launch angle could be off. It's important that you H-cam is properly aligned so that the sim will get accurate ball path/azimuth. 2* off can be a 5 yard difference.

Also, the red box needs to be on the tee. Post some screen shots with the captured ball streaks. One for driver and one for wedge.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Illinois, 3 things. 1. Out of focus 2. You need to have the ball in the box for the hcam and vcam 3. Turn frame rate down to 30

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    60hz frame rate is fine with 640 X 480 as long as nothing else is on that root hub.

On the h-cam picture is looks like the light beam over the sensor is centered off the sensor.
    Make sure the light beam center is where the ball tee is. Also hard to see a beam for the ball capture?

On the V-cam you should not have the offset slider all the way to the max when the ball gray scale's are nearly all the way to minimum
    You should post a capture where you get a ball steak on.

Here's the damage. Only did the vcam for now as i noticed my hcam bracket was not secure and was moving slightly so i'll have to work on better housing so cam won't move. I find the vcam readings are vastly different - the launch angles will vary by 10-20degrees on say a 7 iron.
    Attached Images

one more quick question - you do hit iron shots with the ball in the tee hole indention on the mat - or further forward? Been hitting out of that hole for all of these shots.

I will sometime place the ball slightly forward of the hole, especially for my 3 wood and hybrids.

On a couple of those shots, your leg is being detected. Set the V-cam to 30 fps and move the shutter all the way to the right. Then post more screen shots.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    The background doesn't look dark enough. It appears quite bright. Do you have other light in the room besides the overhead halogen lights? The ball doesn't look to be centered in the red box, either. The sensor mat seems to be a little low in the captured images. Is the bottom slider set too low? Try setting the fps to 30 and set the shutter speed to maximum. Then play with the gain setting.

Good advice guys!

Today when I came back out to work with the cams again I keep getting 'no audio detected.' I have unplugged/replugged everything and rebooted but still same message. I couldn't find anything in manual about this. As of late last night was not an issue but now can't get any shot even recognized. Any suggestions?

Have you checked your sensors? Do they react to shade?

Protee got some more help doc on this page.
    http://csc.protee-united.com/forums/...-configuration

They are updated even the date is Nov. 09

Yeah all the sensors seem to work when pass club over. I also tried plugging and unplugging putting sensor. I also tried taking a sensor out of hitting mat and just hitting off sensor by itself in the middle if floor. No audio response.

Check on the sensor page if all sensors are cleared. It sound like the sensors indicate a swing but it does not detect any audio?

To get on until Protee support opens Monday. Why don't you try deselect audio on the setup page.
    You should be able to use the Protee but you just can't take practice swing and you can't make shadows on the sensors.

Check your audio analysis and club sensibility http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...ettings-screen

OK guys, not sure why, but today things going very well. Audio working, I've had very good results with VCam also - seem to be getting appropriate launch angles. My question is revolves around shot-to-shot variability. I seem to be seeing fairly wide variance with the same club - 7 iron goes 190 on one shot and 140 on another. I know there are probably a million factors that go into the shot, but in terms of MPH, would a swing speed of 8-10 mph slower create that dramatic of a difference? In terms of shot shape the shots appear similar to my typical shots. Feel like I'm very close overall thanks in large part to all of your help. Thanks so much.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Glad you have things working for the better. Keep at it as it can take a little tinkering but once you have it you will never look back. I find my club distance is pretty consistent for all clubs.

Club distances very, very consistent. Only time there is variance is if playing and in rough, deep rough, bunker etc.

My distances are pretty consistent too.
    Check your Fairway and green friction that is part of the options when you start Protee 2.0
    Most of us are using fairway friction of 1.8 and green friction of 1.2.
    If your FW friction is low you can have very long ball roll out. Even 1.8 can be too little on low LA shots

I'm noticing the woods/long irons seem to be more accurate in terms of distance than short irons. I also have noticed once i get to about a 7 or 8 iron, I start seeing my head shadow over the final sensor row. Would this be affecting the distance/club speed readings. I'm hitting 5 iron ~200 yrds which is about right, 7 iron ~170-180, but i can't get my 8-9-P-W to go very far. Literally hitting these clubs prob 50% of normal. These shorter irons i'm again noticing sig more shadow over the sensor bar.

What's acceptable for this and would it be better to angle the light a little from the ball side to not catch any of my body with the light beam?

Also do you guys typically have all of your clubs set with the same club adjustment factor or dial them in indivudually?

Light should be pointing straight down from directly above the tee holder or just slightly behind the tee holder.

The shadow of the club should be the only shadow going over the sensors.

My club settings are pretty much the same.

Screenshots would help. My cams are perfect. Yours just ned adjusting depending on the lighting and background.

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    bingo Libbing! The lense was screwed all the way in and as I backed it out about halfway voila, crisp image. Who knew!

Thanks for your response too Bubba.

Thread Information