CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Gap Wedge Harry is on a distinguished road
    Hi Guys. I recently received my cam upgrades (thanks to Cory) and trying to get them set up. All went well with the hcam, but having big time issues with the vcam. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the horizontal red line lined up with ground level of my mat. It is way too low. I have to basically pitch the cam up about 40 degrees and then it greatly distorts the straight line.
    the off-set sliders seem not to be making any adjustments whatsover. My cam is about 5 feet to the side and about 2 feet ahead of the sensor mat. thoughts?

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    I received the new cameras from Cory and used the replacement lens that Protee sent (I did not order different ones yet). I downloaded the updated software. I changed the settings in the setting.pgs file (I have two, changed in both after resetting admin rights in windows 7). However, when I go into the vcam settings (the only one I've tried) the camera is not listed as an option. When I go into device manager, the camera is listed as an unspecified device. I can get a feed from the camera (very blurry, haven't figure dout how to adjust the image yet) by launching the downloaded software from the start menu. But I can't get the Protee interface to find it. I'm wondering if its because it is showing up in device manager as being unspecified, but I can't figure out how to force Windows to recognize it as a webcam.

Any ideas?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    These are not webcams. Sounds like the drivers didn't install properly. Did you follow my instructions on the first page? When the drivers are loaded properly, the cameras will show up under PTgrey devices in device manager.

I did follow the instruction on page 1. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, I've ussed the 2.2 and 2.3 versions and it doesn't seem to matter. Through Windows I selected the "update driver" option and had it search online and it came back and said I had the most up to date driver for the device.

The camera shows up in device manager as Firefly MV USB FMVU-03MTM. It is categorised as an unspecified device, whereas the Phillips webcam I'm using for the hcam shows up in the "devices" category in device manager.

I can get the camera to feed the image through the flycap2 program that gets installed, but it just won't show up as a camera option on the pull down screen within the protee interface. I assume this has something to do with the unspecified categorization in device manager, but I'm not sure.

You installed the 32 bit version of Flycapture, right? Are you logged in as Administrator? Have you tried a different USB 2.0 port? Make sure nothing else is on that USB 2.0 controller.

It should not be categorized as an unspecified device.

Can you post a screen shot of the Device manager screen?

Gap Wedge Harry is on a distinguished road
    My 2 cents: You should reboot after you install the drivers. I recall mine not showing up until I did so.
    To fix your blurry problem, try to screw or unscrew the lens a little at a time until the image comes into focus.
    Good luck

screen shot 1.jpg
    I had installed the 64 bit. Just installed the 32 bit and has the same result - can see the feed via the fly software but it doesn't show up on protee. Computer reboot after install each time (the install software says to do it). No luck. I had unplugged all the USB and replugged. Haven't tried to move around which USB they are plugged into yet. So much stuff in there I need to figure out which is which. It's currently in the same one that the previous camera was using successfully.

Not sure if I'm logged in as administrator or not. I was thinking that was disabled (when I I go to switch users administrator is not an option).

I'll probably need to call protee up and have them link in when I get a chance.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Right click on the install program and select 'Run as Administrator'

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Guys,

First off - great job on the posts - I will try to include my setup pics here asap.

Libbing:
    1. Did you install the x86 driver?
    2. Before you installed that software, did you uninstall the unidentified device in the Device Manager?
    3. Have you tried "update driver" in the Device Manager and then selecting the folder on your computer that has the X86 driver?

Hope that helps
    Cory

Here is the side cam (Vcam) setup that I have now. I cutout a Golf Ball Course Tee Marker (don't mind the extra holes up top as they were used for the PSEye cam), used some bolts & nuts from Home Depot, got a camera mount from McBain camera and used the Tripod adaptor from Point Grey (not complicated at all LOL - but so worth it!)

ball-marke-sm.jpg

And here is the overhead cam (hcam). I used an L-bracket, bolt, lock washer, screws and washers from home depot, and the Tripod Adaptor Mount from Point Grey.

hcam-mount.jpg

OK, I got it working; haven't mounted it yet but it got recognized. Uninstalled it all and then reinstalled. Seemed like I did it all the same way but it worked this time. The only thing I can think of is maybe I didn't check the "register" box or whatever that was...can't remember doing that and no idea if it made a difference. Also had the lens screwed in way too far, so got it to focus as well. Thanks guys.

Great to hear Libbing - Have a great weekend of golf!

I'm starting to think I somehow can't follow instructions. I've got the camera setup but I can't get the 640 x 480 resolution to take effect. I've opened the settings.pgs file (both of them since I had the same issue) and I changed both files to show the 640x480. Then I save them. I open the PT interface and it shows the resolution at 320x240. When I go back to the notepad and open the setting.pgs file again, the settings reverted back. Although one of the camera show 320 and 480 for some reason. The other shows 320 and 240.

I then try to change it via the camera stream. The enable 7 is checked. I change it there to 640x480 and hit apply and exit out. But the screen still shows 320x240. When I go back into the camera stream its set back to 320x240.

What the heck? I must be missing some subtle step here or maybae a Windows 7 administrator issue or something? I am able to save the changes in the setting file. I close it and reopen and the changes are there. Its just when I launch the PT interface that it reverts back.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Libbing, it sounds like you have two settings files. Try this to see if you do:

Open a command prompt :START->RUN-> CMD.EXE

Do a DIR settings.pgs /s <ENTER>

It will show you all the settings.pgs files on your PC. It might be using
    the one in the virtual file store again. It doesn't mind as long as you edit
    the right one. The first line of the file will show you the version of the
    interface. If this does not match the actual version of the interface, you
    are looking at the wrong file.

Not that it matters on the settings file, but do you have the same lens that Zmax is using?

I found both setttings files using a search in explorer on the entire computer. It listed two files. I can see which one is being used because it gets amended by the protee interface when I go in and try to make the changes via the camera stream option, but to be sure I changed the settings in both files to the 640x480 and then launched the interface. That's what I had originally done that I am describing in my post above. The changes I make to the frame rate and gain do get changed and they stick. Its just that dimension that gets reset.

I am using whatever lenses got shipped from Protee (from you Cory). I think Zmax bought different lenses? The cameras came with a small lense already in them and then an additional one that is about twice the size of the original one in the cameras.

I was assuming this dimension setting was more specific to the camera itself rather than the lense (that is, I didn't think the computer would know which lense got inserted, but maybe I'm wrong there).

The device settings for the camera say that the maximum size is something like 752 x 480 (from memory, but its about that). I tried setting it to the maximum thinking it might be a dimension issue, but it had the same results.

With the lens that came from ProTee (not the one on the cam, but the one included), I am using it at 320 x 240 and it works great. Yes, Zmax bought different lenses so that may make a big difference in the setup. Have you tried getting it to work just leaving it at 320 x 240?

I haven't tried it at 320 x 240; I've been stealing 10-15 min at a time to get this setup because work has been so crazy and spare golf time has been spent outdoors!!!. So I'll try that. What other settings did you use. Zmax had recommended the following for his lenses:

HCAM
    Shutter 14
    Frame 40
    Gain 0

VCAM
    Shutter Max (30+)
    Frame 30
    Gain 4

Did you use those settings as well or something different. Don't know enough about cameras to figure this one out off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    I then try to change it via the camera stream. The enable 7 is checked. I change it there to 640x480 and hit apply and exit out. But the screen still shows 320x240. When I go back into the camera stream its set back to 320x240.
    Did you click on "Preview"?

640X480 should be used. Actually, 752X480 is even better but uses a little more bandwidth. The bigger the resolution the bigger the FOV, which translates to better chances of the ball being picked up. The result is less chance of getting an undetected shot.

320X240 was left over from the PS3eye cam days. I don't recommend using this resolution.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I have to agree with Zmax. After going back and forth between the two lenses, the lenses recommended by Zmax with a setting of 640 x 480 gives a much better image and ball streak and thus better shot detection.

Libbing, you need to have ProTee check your setup via a remote session.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    I haven't tried it at 320 x 240; I've been stealing 10-15 min at a time to get this setup because work has been so crazy and spare golf time has been spent outdoors!!!. So I'll try that. What other settings did you use. Zmax had recommended the following for his lenses:

HCAM
    Shutter 14
    Frame 40
    Gain 0

VCAM
    Shutter Max (30+)
    Frame 30
    Gain 4

Did you use those settings as well or something different. Don't know enough about cameras to figure this one out off hand.
    I was able to use Zmax's settings except for the resolution using the ProTee cams and didn't have a problem. Try it and see how it works for you. If it doesn't detect the shots the way you want it, you can either ask ProTee to remote in to fix it or try out the lenses that Zmax suggest.

Putter Onepocket is on a distinguished road
    I ran into a similar issue as Libbing, but I am using the new lenses. What I noticed was when I clicked on Camera Device and looked under Enable 7 or whatever that was called, it would always revert to the default. I finally realized I had values in the first 2 boxes marked left and right, not just the height and width boxes. Once I set left and right to zero, it reflected the correct resolution in the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Onepocket View Post
    I ran into a similar issue as Libbing, but I am using the new lenses. What I noticed was when I clicked on Camera Device and looked under Enable 7 or whatever that was called, it would always revert to the default. I finally realized I had values in the first 2 boxes marked left and right, not just the height and width boxes. Once I set left and right to zero, it reflected the correct resolution in the interface.
    Instructions:

You can use the "camera stream" window to change resolutions. Enable format 7 and use those settings above. Apply, OK, close, exit, save, etc..then "Preview" and make sure the new resolution is shown.

Btw, instructions now include image flip for the V-cam.

Putter Onepocket is on a distinguished road
    Oops yes Camera Stream not Device. I was trying to follow instructions but those boxes on the left eluded me

Quote Originally Posted by Onepocket View Post
    Oops yes Camera Stream not Device. I was trying to follow instructions but those boxes on the left eluded me
    I just edited the part on changing resolutions to make it clearer. I can see how those boxes can be overlooked.

Putter srb165 is on a distinguished road
    Hello Everyone,

I am just now getting my Protee setup. I bought from cory last Feburary but I moved and was waiting for a custom screen to be created (WestCoastnetting took 4 months back and forth as they built the screen to the wrong size) I do not recommend them!

Well I had some issues with my computer so I did a fresh install of windows 7. Got everything loaded and then had issues with the Protee interface not responding. I was not using the x86 drivers for the usb to serial converter. Protee remote support fixed that this morning. Then I had them look at my cams. I have the machine cams with the wide lens that came from protee. I have them installed but nothing is clear. It is crazy blurry. I worked with the tech and we could not fix it. I have sent them some pictures of my setup.

I tried pointing the camera at a fixed object and unscrewing the lens loser and tighter to no avail. I am about to order the lenses mentioned by zmax but any other suggestions?
    IMG_0177.JPGIMG_0176.jpgIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0175.jpgIMG_0173.jpg

Can you post a screen capture of what you mean by crazy blurry? And also the camera windows and settings screens. Those lenses are not the best but you should be able to get a decent focus out of them. Definitely order the lenses that I recommended.

Yes if you can post a couple of screen shots that would be great. I have been able to get the ProTee lenses very clear. Have you done a remote support session with ProTee yet?

Putter srb165 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Yes if you can post a couple of screen shots that would be great. I have been able to get the ProTee lenses very clear. Have you done a remote support session with ProTee yet?
    Yes I did a remote session yesterday morning. They fixed the issue I was having where the interface kept going unresponsive. I will add some screen shots from the cameras but when I say crazy blurry I mean you literally only see a blur on the screen. I have put a fixed object infront of the camera and tried to focus the lens to the object and noting but a blur. It is a completely grey screen.

Protee support came back and said that I needed to use different lights. I am using a 75 watt flood for the front light (would be over the putting sensor if I had it) and a a 60 watt spot directly over the sensor. They said I should be using the bulbs they recommend 50 watt AR111. I bought the ones I did based on all the recommendations in this forum so I don't think that is the problem. But my front light is really bright (look in my pictures above). I know I have a light colored carpet in this room but the whole room is lit up.

On a separate note, the protee support asked me to play a few rounds of golf with just the sensor mat active and not use the cameras. When I was satisfied that that is working properly to then start troubleshooting the cameras. I started to do that last night and was just using the driving range feature with a 6 iron. I am not a pga pro or anything but I was only hitting it 145 yards (180) is about normal. Am I suppose to hit all my clubs and configure them to my approximate yardages through the interface? I thought as long as I had the right club selected that the sensors would create accurate distances. Advice? I really want to start practicing on this awesome system that you guys boast so much about and bring down my 12 HCP.

Thank you for all your help

Thread Information