CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Lob Wedge Illinimd32 is on a distinguished road
    Here's the damage. Only did the vcam for now as i noticed my hcam bracket was not secure and was moving slightly so i'll have to work on better housing so cam won't move. I find the vcam readings are vastly different - the launch angles will vary by 10-20degrees on say a 7 iron.
    Attached Images

one more quick question - you do hit iron shots with the ball in the tee hole indention on the mat - or further forward? Been hitting out of that hole for all of these shots.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I will sometime place the ball slightly forward of the hole, especially for my 3 wood and hybrids.

On a couple of those shots, your leg is being detected. Set the V-cam to 30 fps and move the shutter all the way to the right. Then post more screen shots.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    The background doesn't look dark enough. It appears quite bright. Do you have other light in the room besides the overhead halogen lights? The ball doesn't look to be centered in the red box, either. The sensor mat seems to be a little low in the captured images. Is the bottom slider set too low? Try setting the fps to 30 and set the shutter speed to maximum. Then play with the gain setting.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good advice guys!

Today when I came back out to work with the cams again I keep getting 'no audio detected.' I have unplugged/replugged everything and rebooted but still same message. I couldn't find anything in manual about this. As of late last night was not an issue but now can't get any shot even recognized. Any suggestions?

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Have you checked your sensors? Do they react to shade?

Protee got some more help doc on this page.
    http://csc.protee-united.com/forums/...-configuration

They are updated even the date is Nov. 09

Yeah all the sensors seem to work when pass club over. I also tried plugging and unplugging putting sensor. I also tried taking a sensor out of hitting mat and just hitting off sensor by itself in the middle if floor. No audio response.

Check on the sensor page if all sensors are cleared. It sound like the sensors indicate a swing but it does not detect any audio?

To get on until Protee support opens Monday. Why don't you try deselect audio on the setup page.
    You should be able to use the Protee but you just can't take practice swing and you can't make shadows on the sensors.

Check your audio analysis and club sensibility http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...ettings-screen

OK guys, not sure why, but today things going very well. Audio working, I've had very good results with VCam also - seem to be getting appropriate launch angles. My question is revolves around shot-to-shot variability. I seem to be seeing fairly wide variance with the same club - 7 iron goes 190 on one shot and 140 on another. I know there are probably a million factors that go into the shot, but in terms of MPH, would a swing speed of 8-10 mph slower create that dramatic of a difference? In terms of shot shape the shots appear similar to my typical shots. Feel like I'm very close overall thanks in large part to all of your help. Thanks so much.

Glad you have things working for the better. Keep at it as it can take a little tinkering but once you have it you will never look back. I find my club distance is pretty consistent for all clubs.

Club distances very, very consistent. Only time there is variance is if playing and in rough, deep rough, bunker etc.

My distances are pretty consistent too.
    Check your Fairway and green friction that is part of the options when you start Protee 2.0
    Most of us are using fairway friction of 1.8 and green friction of 1.2.
    If your FW friction is low you can have very long ball roll out. Even 1.8 can be too little on low LA shots

I'm noticing the woods/long irons seem to be more accurate in terms of distance than short irons. I also have noticed once i get to about a 7 or 8 iron, I start seeing my head shadow over the final sensor row. Would this be affecting the distance/club speed readings. I'm hitting 5 iron ~200 yrds which is about right, 7 iron ~170-180, but i can't get my 8-9-P-W to go very far. Literally hitting these clubs prob 50% of normal. These shorter irons i'm again noticing sig more shadow over the sensor bar.

What's acceptable for this and would it be better to angle the light a little from the ball side to not catch any of my body with the light beam?

Also do you guys typically have all of your clubs set with the same club adjustment factor or dial them in indivudually?

Light should be pointing straight down from directly above the tee holder or just slightly behind the tee holder.

The shadow of the club should be the only shadow going over the sensors.

My club settings are pretty much the same.

7 Iron janton79 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    LA cam is inside this housing. It can be easily adjusted and it comes with a filtered glass that will help reduce the light, especially if used for the H-cam.

Attachment 33056

H-cam:

Attachment 33060Attachment 33061
    ZMax,

What's the name of the mounting bracket for your Hcam?

Or if others want to chime in, I'd take any recommendations. The security cam cases that Protee sent are quite difficult to work with in the Hcam since my ceiling joists don't line up with the sensor mat.

Do you have your lights on a ceiling track? Maybe you could attach it to that or run a new one up there. I haven't seen the ones ProTee supplies so I am shooting in the dark here.

Quote Originally Posted by janton79 View Post
    ZMax,

What's the name of the mounting bracket for your Hcam?

Or if others want to chime in, I'd take any recommendations. The security cam cases that Protee sent are quite difficult to work with in the Hcam since my ceiling joists don't line up with the sensor mat.
    This is what I'm using now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-Camera-...item2a260d533f

You also need this: http://www.ptgreystore.com/products/...c-01-0003.aspx

Here's another option. I'm actually using this for the V-cam. A little modification is needed. Thick double sided tape is used to mount the camera inside the housing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dummy-Ou...item46072594d0

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Hi folks.

Still in the process of setting up my new Protee. I am having the same issue that srb165 mentioned previously on this forum. The image the hcam camera creates is just a complete blur with zero picture definition, just white blobs from any lights. Was this problem ever solved? My vcam appears to work fine except there seems to be parts missing on the mounting swivel bracket as the lever and screw attached to the base do not tighten the camera alignment.

Thanks for any help.

Screenshots would help. My cams are perfect. Yours just ned adjusting depending on the lighting and background.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    did you try to loosen them to the point where they come out, and then ever so slowly tighten them to focus? when I first installed mine I was loosening and tightening without results (all a blur), but I hadn't been loosening enough (it felt like I had to make them way too loose, but it worked)

bingo Libbing! The lense was screwed all the way in and as I backed it out about halfway voila, crisp image. Who knew!

Thanks for your response too Bubba.

bcgc0918
    Thelono,

I am also setting mine up and found the same problem with the swivel adjustment. what I did was loosen the screw all the way and then tighten the lever and when it gets tight it is just to the point you think you went to far. Then tighten the screw. but all the screw is there for is so it can't come apart, has nothing to do with tightening the clamp... or at least that is what it seems like to me.

Thanks to those on this forum that have helped me out. I could have just did a remote but I like to do it myself, that way I know how to fix it when its broke. And thanks to you good fellows I am almost there. So far I am one happy customer, even without the cams yet this thing is money.
    Last edited by bcgc0918; 12-02-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks bcgc0918. Ill give that a try.

Let me get this straight....every time we restart our computer running Protee, we have to re-input all the camera settings?

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    YEP. Very annoying but I believe it is a function of the camera driver more so than the protee interface.

Though I'm not the biggest fan of the protee interface's usability.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Huh? I never reset any camera settings when I turn mine on

Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    Huh? I never reset any camera settings when I turn mine on
    Your machine vision camera settings don't revert to default after your computer is off for a few hours?

Thread Information