100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Buick Invitational

Mickelson is not doing so good at 6 over today so far.
    Looks like Phil might have some "inferior equipment" issues to deal with.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Mickelson is now +1, what the heck happened?!?!? I hope channel #18 keeps the coverage going past 6 pm tonight, they said they were switching to ESPN, flipping between golf and football, love it!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Well, well, well, Tiger wins. It would be cool if Tiger and VJ have a battle of the titans this year and each win 6 tournaments and have the number #1 ranking change several times!!!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I knew Tiger could win again, as long as.....

1) VJ played badly
    2) Phil didnt show up
    3) Howell gets the shaft
    4) Els didnt make his move
    5) Luke Donald colapses
    6) Lehman is still an old geezer

and the list goes on and on

We :readheart Tiger

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Tiger putted very well, and he made some very good shots. He was the better player on the weekend when it counted.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Although the Buick was eerily reminiscent of past events where everybody folds like a cheap suit, consider the final round scores and you'll see that among the leaders, Tiger beat everyone by 2 or 3 shots at least.

It's funny that some people can't give Tiger the credit he deserves...even though I realize that sometimes it is "in jest", the lack of respect that Tiger gets (from some) amazes me.

Tiger shot 68 on a VERY difficult golf course, and the 68 came after he had played, what, 13 or 14 holes in the morning? Obviously he beat the field and the field didn't "choke."

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Somewhat on the same tone which Colby used. Tiger made the smallest mistakes when other players were making bigger ones and/or got very unlucky (thinking of Howell on 18 here). Tiger was very lucky on his second shot at 18 when he found the side of the pond after a bad 2-iron. Tiger stayed in contention all weekend long and did what he had to do. But Tom Lehman summarized it good when he said:

"He whipped the field playing lousy,I give him a lot of credit."

Bottom line, a good comeback and maybe he'll get decent momentum during the West Coast swing to make the leaderboard interesting.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I knew Tiger could win again, as long as.....

1) VJ played badly
    2) Phil didnt show up
    3) Howell gets the shaft
    4) Els didnt make his move
    5) Luke Donald colapses
    6) Lehman is still an old geezer

and the list goes on and on

We :readheart Tiger
    Cool. A tiger fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Cool. A tiger fan.
    You don't know how funny that statement is...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    Although the Buick was eerily reminiscent of past events where everybody folds like a cheap suit, consider the final round scores and you'll see that among the leaders, Tiger beat everyone by 2 or 3 shots at least.

It's funny that some people can't give Tiger the credit he deserves...even though I realize that sometimes it is "in jest", the lack of respect that Tiger gets (from some) amazes me.

Tiger shot 68 on a VERY difficult golf course, and the 68 came after he had played, what, 13 or 14 holes in the morning? Obviously he beat the field and the field didn't "choke."
    Tiger's scoring average for the final round in 2004 was 70.28 for the seson. This was one of his worst years in a category that he normally dominates in. I've brought this point up in the past. The 68 on Sunday is more in line of when he was winning.

Again, I will state my position. Tiger is an amazing golfer, and I respect his skill level at golf. I do not like him based on what I have seen in person, and would rather cheer for those I do like. Count me as a fan of golf, not Tiger, as Tiger does not equal golf.
    Colby

I was responding more to what Steve said rather than you, Colby...I actually thought that you were very fair in your comments.

Cheers...

5 Iron mmills820105 is on a distinguished road
    Tom Lehman said that Tiger wasn't even playing his best. He said he hit a lot of bad shots, but just managed to recover well.

And how about that shot Charles Howell III hit on 18. What kind of luck.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    I would never respect someone based solely on their ability in golf. No cause for amazement.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

OK, how about this? This is EXACTLY what i meant:

It's funny that some people can't give Tiger the credit he deserves FOR HIS ABILITY...even though I realize that sometimes it is "in jest", the lack of respect that Tiger gets (from some) FOR HIS ABILITY amazes me.

This debate will never end. Some like him, some dont. We all love golf.

No one ever questioned his ability.

I enjoy seeing great golf. No matter who is playing. There were many in the field sunday who just didnt play well. Some got unlucky and some never even showed up.
    Tiger won, good for his confidence. Now he has to show that it's going to stay. VJ will be back in a couple weeks. It should be for a great year on the PGA.

Quote Originally Posted by mmills820105
    Can you beleive that shot wasnt even shown on The Golf Channell this morning? Had the ball stayed in the hole, he would have been tied for the lead. :cryin

Instead of that shot, they actually had Tiger's putt on 18 as the "shot of the day".

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmills820105
    Tom Lehman said that Tiger wasn't even playing his best. He said he hit a lot of bad shots, but just managed to recover well.

I thought that was one of those things that happen all the time ( obviously not that exact shot) to weekend golfers and most of us look up at the sky and ask the Golf Gods why they curse us so. I like seeing stuff like that happen to pros even though on Sunday when your in contention for the win does make me feel bad but hey thats golf. Should have been the shot of the day no doubt.

And as for the Tiger discussion you can go back through the archrives and see where everyone one on this forum stands on that topic because there has been some pretty good fights (discussions!) over that little kitty, right Andru!!!
    Denny

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Mickelson is not doing so good at 6 over today so far.
    Looks like Phil might have some "inferior equipment" issues to deal with.
    You're not far off there Steve (at least this time ). According to some info I've come across, PM has met with Callaway's design gurus a number of times over the past year to tweak a new version of the HX Tour ball to his specs, and that they have also built him no less than 6 prototype heads, from scratch, of their new Fusion driver that's not even due out to the drooling masses till late this year. It's just a matter of time.

It even took a coaching change to one of the best in the game (Hank Haney) from one of the worst (himself), and a new 460 cc head shafted with some hot Japanese graphite, to get your boy back in to the winner's circle.

It's going to be an interesting year...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

5 Iron mmills820105 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I thought that was one of those things that happen all the time ( obviously not that exact shot) to weekend golfers and most of us look up at the sky and ask the Golf Gods why they curse us so. I like seeing stuff like that happen to pros even though on Sunday when your in contention for the win does make me feel bad but hey thats golf. Should have been the shot of the day no doubt.
    I know, but that would have forced a playoff if it stayed in the whole, I believe. That's gonna hurt for awhile.

Thread Information