CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter jmcivor is on a distinguished road

Check out this tool to help your swing, I need opinions, i might get one

http://www.hypemakers.net/swingtempo...p?v=r&adv=1813
    Click that link to check it out, if you've used it, how was it? was it worth it? I might get one...

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Ouch:

120$ US for a glorified metronome. "Hypemakers" is right. Hope it works for you.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I think you can go to a music store and get a metronome for less or better yet I had a pro in Petawawa give me a drill very similar and it's free. 1)Address the ball 2) Start you back swing and begin to count 1-2-3 at 3 you should be at the top 3)Start you down swing and count 1-2-3 at 3 you should be done. There you go one swing tempo machine! Now send me a money order for th 120 US!!! I wonder if i would have to give a portion for copy rights to the pro.
    Denny

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road
    Actually, the ideal ratio is 3 to 1 for backswing to downswing. These devices are all based on the book Tour Tempo (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...04151?v=glance) where they counted the number of frames a swing takes a ton of old video footage. They found that the ideal ratio was 3 to 1. Regardless of how slow the overall swing was, the backswing was three times longer than the downswing. They even analysed some flubbed shots by the pros where there was nothing obviously wrong with the swing and found that the tempo had varied slightly, just enough to screw up the swing.

There was a CD that you could buy that had music of various speeds with a metronome tick on it. You'd use it with headphones to find out where your tempo was and then have a song to remember when you swing. Or you could just say 'pineapple pie'. Pie-na-pull on the backswing and pie when you hit.

cheers,

Kris

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcivor
    Click that link to check it out, if you've used it, how was it? was it worth it? I might get one...
    Unless you have money to burn, save it.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    $120 US? Jeez, my 10 minutes of writing software for Microsoft PPCs, Smartphones, and Palm devices to do the same thing might pay off after all. I really need to get a clue about what demographic is willing to part with its money so easily!

Andru
    Sorry Dude

Waste of money.

Besides, tempo should be yours. To steal a thought from the late/great Moe Norman. If the swing is not yours, it's borrowed. Own your swing and it will perform 365 days a year.

Cheers

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar

Angry

I would like to get one but I am saving my money for the new Swing Ball advertized on the Golf Channel. I think this is a break through invention. For only $119 US I can get a small soccer ball AND two attached hand straps. Come on Ernie!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kewarken
    Actually, the ideal ratio is 3 to 1 for backswing to downswing. These devices are all based on the book Tour Tempo (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...04151?v=glance) where they counted the number of frames a swing takes a ton of old video footage. They found that the ideal ratio was 3 to 1. Regardless of how slow the overall swing was, the backswing was three times longer than the downswing. They even analysed some flubbed shots by the pros where there was nothing obviously wrong with the swing and found that the tempo had varied slightly, just enough to screw up the swing.
    There was a CD that you could buy that had music of various speeds with a metronome tick on it. You'd use it with headphones to find out where your tempo was and then have a song to remember when you swing. Or you could just say 'pineapple pie'. Pie-na-pull on the backswing and pie when you hit.
    Kewarken is right. Tour tempo is an amazing read. Research proves that all great players all have one of three tempo’s. I have a swing analysis software at home and putt his theory to the test. All the big names (Woods, Phil, Els Sing, Norman, Watson, Hogan and the list goes on) all have one of three tempo’s. 27-9, 24-8 or 21-7. 27, 24 or 21 frames to the top of the backswing and 9, 8 or 7 frames to impact. Video analysis doesn’t lie.

Compared to amateur 38-11, 66-10, 41-9.

Is tempo like a fingerprint for every golfer? This theory proves other wise.

Can you play good golf without a 3 to 1 tempo ration? Probably but doesn’t it ring a bell that all the great players on tour swings one of these three tempo’s?
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information