CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Outaouis yesterday , course was in fantastic shape , the greens were a bit long and bumpy , i believe they're saving cutting them for a big tourney next week.

Stonebridge was great condition too ,but the 17th and 18th were a little rough in some areas , looks like damage from the mowers .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Hammond: Played today with a couple of buddies and had a good time. On the plus side they were inexpensive, welcoming, helpful and not busy plus there was lots of bounce in the fairways. Have not played here for two years and did note some things a little different. First, the greens have suffered from either neglect or improper maintenance. They are not as lush as they once were and we all found them to be disturbingly bumpy. Don't know if that is a grass or care issue. I'd say only 3 of the 18 greens were in good (rolling)shape. There seems to be lots of patches of different varieties of grass, growing at different speeds, resulting in bumps and unexpected changes in direction. The other notable issue is the lack of maintenance under the trees and the rough area. This all goes to slowing the game down. The rough was being cut as we played, but why at 100 PM? And the lone guy on the course with the weed-wacker was on #16 at that time too, and working bakcwards, so he was near the start of his work. Will go back, and soon.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Edelweiss has some winter kill in the fairways and greens. Its not bad as far as putting goes.The rough was just being cut and was at some places ridiculous. The good news,nobody there friday morning!!!
    Traps are really bad,no sand and rocky.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    A heads up, Equinelle is aerating there greens this aft and mon am.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Meadows is in fantastic shape , best allround i've played recently

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played Stonebridge today. It is in unbelievable shape right now. I can't imagine it being in any better shape.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Played Stonebridge today. It is in unbelievable shape right now. I can't imagine it being in any better shape.
    I'll second that

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Vieux-Moulins May 30, 2012.

Played yesterday and without a doubt the fastest greens of the year so far. The course is dry and loads of roll. It is a tight course with some thinking required. The course was busy but well spaced out by the starter, our 3some played in 4 hours...

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Anyone played Arnprior or Gatineau lately?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Anyone played Outaouais lately, we were there a few weeks ago and the East greens sucked, bumpy and recovering from aeration. The South seemed fine.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I played Marshes, Stonebridge and Smugglers and all but Marshes were in pretty good shape. I must say that the changes at Marshes are something to be desired. Loud gas carts without GPS, rakes on the cart so you are guaranteed to forget it during your round somewhere. I also found the course to be in OK shape but not up to its usual standards. They do not seem to be doing anything about the geese either, unbelievable amount of crap all over the course. They need to do something about those birds.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    Played Brockville country club sat great shape , there is a senior field day comming up there in a few weeks I think always fast greens not a weed anywhere on the course

Anyone Gatineau anyone.... I'm playing there Saturday morning, still go off on 14 or has it been rerouted at this point? Same entry point to the shack?

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Anyone Gatineau anyone.... I'm playing there Saturday morning, still go off on 14 or has it been rerouted at this point? Same entry point to the shack?
    I'll be there on Friday morning and will let you know about the conditions (if it is not too late for you by then). I do however know that the entry has changed. It is now on rue du Golf (off Aylmer Road slightly past Vanier), where you will be led to their new clubhouse, and start on the #1.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Played there a few weeks ago..you now start at #1..Access is now through Golf Road and parking next to the new clubhouse.. Course is in excellent condition...

Aha cool, thanks! So is the turn off Aylmer road further down?

Yep but coming from Ottawa it is actually closer
    Lefty Lucas

How does that work?

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    You turn into the housing development which is closer to the bridge than the access road was. it is called Golf Rd.
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    How does that work?
    We used to turn on Chemin Edey which is further from the bridge than Chemin du Golf. Basic road navigation Jord! lol
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Ahh i was confused for some reason i thought we turned on Vanier previously!

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Played Greyhawk yesterday on the Talon course for a charity tournament. Fantastic shape. Very tough greens to read though. Not a weed or rock anywhere to be found.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Ahh i was confused for some reason i thought we turned on Vanier previously!

Jordan, Denyse and I are at 7:15 Saturday a.m. Start at number one next to the new clubhouse. I played two weeks ago and it was in great shape,well the greens anyways. Still have to move your ball in fairway some places as there is a bit of gravel here. Hope we run into you.

You should we are off at 7:07!! You guys just two?

You should we are off at 7:07!! You guys just two?
    We booked as a twosome but i think we were matched up with someone. See ya there.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Arnprior or Gatineau lately?
    A few guys from this Board have been up to Arnprior and I was waiting to see if they would reply. I would like to suggest that if you haven't played Arnprior this year, but had the past few years, that you come back and visit! Fast smooth greens. Tight Fairways. Edged bunkers. Divots being filled in daily on tees and fairways by staff!
    A joy to play once again!

Yeah a couple of my buddies were up there last weekend and said it was mint. It was my choice for Saturday however there is a tournament going on.

I have spots open at 7am if you guys want to play!

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    I have spots open at 7am if you guys want to play!
    I wouldn't mind taking you up on that some time. You guys have some sort of a skins game if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking you up on that some time. You guys have some sort of a skins game if I remember correctly?
    Yep. Every Saturday morning. Pretty solid field. Some of the top players in the area! I have an email list that I send out the times to every week and if you want in you just reply yes or no. Private message me an email addy and I will add you and anyone else to the list!

Thread Information