CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Amateur Champion (OVAC)

We are excited to announce the Ottawa Valley Amateur Championship.

When we heard that the Citizen Tournament was coming to an end we felt that a new tournament needed to take it's place.

Myself, (Steve Dontigny) and Greig Burnie of the Arnprior Golf Course have been working away to bring you a new competitive event.

The event will be hosted by and palyed in the Valley.

The tournament will be a 3 day event based on stroke play.

Monday July 16th at Announcement Coming!
    Monday July 30th at Mississippi Golf Club
    and
    Wednesday August 1st at Arnprior Golf Club.

Depending on number of entries there may or may not be a cut after the second round but that will be decided in advance. It will be a gross event however we are considering adding a seniors division.

There will be a banquet the final day with a meal.

The Cost will be $159.00 per entry.

We are currently working with potential sponsors and if you are looking to become a sponsor please feel free to contact me!

Registration will begin June 1st!

Watch here for links and more info.

If you wish to receive information or updates please email us at OVAC@hotmail.ca

Thanks!
    Steve Dontigny
    Greig Burnie.
    Last edited by solstrum; 03-22-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Thanks Steve,

It's great to see people taking initiative in the OV to provide more competitive events. Just out of curiosity, will there be a max cap in order to enter, or will it be flighted?

Thanks! It is designed to find the best golfer in the area. At this time we are hoping to fill the entries with a max cap of 8, depending on interest and number of entries. Being our first year it is hard to establish what the field will look like but it is similar format to the Citizen.

Flagstick Story on the event. http://www.flagstick.com/teeshots/?p=5373

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Once again, it is too bad that weekend golfers won't get the chance to play in such events...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    It is great that you and Greg have volunteered your time to organize this golf tournament and I'm sure you will get enough interest to make it a success.

One of the things that The Citizen Tournament organizers did was to choose dates that did not conflict with OVGA scheduled tournaments as scheduling tournaments on the same day would likely hurt participation in both events. It probably not possible to change your date(s) for 2012, but it is something you may want to consider for future years.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Once again, it is too bad that weekend golfers won't get the chance to play in such events...
    I know what you mean. I've always wanted to play Augusta National with Tiger and Rory.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

9 Iron JTB is on a distinguished road JTB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I know what you mean. I've always wanted to play Augusta National with Tiger and Rory.
    HAHA rip up some professional grade grass lol

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    It is great that you and Greg have volunteered your time to organize this golf tournament and I'm sure you will get enough interest to make it a success.

One of the things that The Citizen Tournament organizers did was to choose dates that did not conflict with OVGA scheduled tournaments as scheduling tournaments on the same day would likely hurt participation in both events. It probably not possible to change your date(s) for 2012, but it is something you may want to consider for future years.
    Thanks BC, We are excited.

We are well aware of the two events that we conflicted with. The B class event will cater to a different field but we know the Masters is the same day as 1 of the events. Being so late in the season, our possible dates were limited and we went with what worked. Next year we will pick our dates early and will try to accommodate as many as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Most of the guys who will play in this and played in the Citizen used up holidays to do so. Hopefully we create an event enjoyable enough that that continues.

Gap Wedge dickie_kak is on a distinguished road dickie_kak's Avatar
    Lads,

Banquet to follow on the final day, right? If you have a cut after round two, and I am cut (hypothetically speaking - of course), am I invited to the banquet dinner?

Its likely that many who are cut will not show for the final day, if they are not playing. How do you plan to address this? Possible consolation for cut players? green fee for AGC?

Sounds like a fun event!

The cut was something we were considering (still are) but looking more and more like full field will play all 3 days.

Gap Wedge dickie_kak is on a distinguished road dickie_kak's Avatar
    Damn right, I'd hate to miss out on a snack at the AGC. Great food and service!

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Most of the guys who will play in this and played in the Citizen used up holidays to do so. Hopefully we create an event enjoyable enough that that continues.
    I realize HOW people manage to do it, I am just saying ti would be nice for those who can't use up holidays to be able to play in a tourney on a weekend. Not everyone works for the government here! hahaha

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Competition at higher levels often requires some form of effort beyond the competition itself. The higher the level of competition, the higher the sacrifices one may have to make. Ie travel, qualifying rounds, equipment upgrades etc...
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Thanks BC, We are excited.

We are well aware of the two events that we conflicted with. The B class event will cater to a different field but we know the Masters is the same day as 1 of the events. Being so late in the season, our possible dates were limited and we went with what worked. Next year we will pick our dates early and will try to accommodate as many as we can.
    It's too bad that the great efforts like this are canabalizing other events, and even admitting to it. The 2nd round couldn't be shifted by 1 day later to not conflict with the OVGA Masters? There are plenty of players who would play both, and now this scheduling has split the fields and watered both down. C'mon, sooner or later, actions like this are going to cause the cancellation of events, as they will go away due to lack of subscription. Just feels like a lack respect for other events, some of which have been around for decades. Time for people to start working together, and supporting each other.

Wow. We didn't book the event knowing the masters was on the same date. We were informed after the announcement. And truthfully, no we can't move it one day, we stepped up as a group to try to provide a great event in short notice and most courses are booked solid in July and August. We will be booking next years event early and will make fully effort not to "cannibalizing other events". If you are interested in working together, send me your name and number and I will for sure add you to my growing list of volunteers. Thanks!

Putter middave is on a distinguished road
    I think its great that both of you ( Steve and Greig ) have taken the time and effort to organize this event.
    I know that it is going give you lots of head aches.
    No matter what you do or when you plan the days someone is no going to like it. But best of luck-
    I plan to enter

Quote Originally Posted by middave View Post
    I think its great that both of you ( Steve and Greig ) have taken the time and effort to organize this event.
    I know that it is going give you lots of head aches.
    No matter what you do or when you plan the days someone is no going to like it. But best of luck-
    I plan to enter
    Thanks Middave! We have received a lot of positive feedback and the list of players who have contacted us and have said they are going to play has been impressive. When Registration starts I think we are going to see a great strong field!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I was asked today if there is going to be a ladies division.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    I was asked today if there is going to be a ladies division.
    We have received many emails asking the same thing. Yes, we will have a ladies division. Not sure yet on size
    of each division but there will be Men, Ladies and Senior Divisions.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar

Lineup Alterations for Ottawa Valley Amateur Championship

Saw this on Flagstick:

http://www.flagstick.com/teeshots/?p=5516

Basically, dates stay the same but Pakenham is out and Smiths Falls is in.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

News Coming Soon! Plus Registration starts June 1st

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Just got an e-mail about this event with a link to register: http://ovac.eventbrite.ca/
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

OVAC story here http://www.flagstick.com/

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    $159 to play those 3 courses in a competitive atmosphere, plus a steak dinner? Seems like a great deal to me.

I did, however, notice that you were charging $20 to come out and watch the final day at Arnprior? I was just wondering if solstrum wanted to comment on that? Also, if someone were to bring a caddy for that day, would they be expected to pay the $20 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    $159 to play those 3 courses in a competitive atmosphere, plus a steak dinner? Seems like a great deal to me.

I did, however, notice that you were charging $20 to come out and watch the final day at Arnprior? I was just wondering if solstrum wanted to comment on that? Also, if someone were to bring a caddy for that day, would they be expected to pay the $20 as well?
    Caddies are allowed and we encourage it! (at no cost)

As far as the $20 for Field pass ~ we have an announcement coming with regards to that and it will be well worth it! What I
    can tell you is that $20 gets you in, A hot dog, bag of chips and a tall boy beer! Plus........ A few more things!!
    Last edited by solstrum; 06-01-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks to everyone who registered today! Guess you were all waiting for Monday to get to use the office computer! Just over half the spots have been filled in 5 days! Thanks Again and thanks for the positive feedback!

Field is looking strong so far! Reinhart, Mcgee, Knights, Mulvhill, Patterson.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I'm in! Man, work is going to be so ** off with me taking this many days off. Ahh well, gotta feed the addiction.

Thread Information