100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Understood Bru. We have been following the X1 Tbox for some time now. According to Cory, there have been some units sold already. ZMax had pointed out the problem with lack of spin measurement way back when with Cory's video. My understanding was that they did sell some X1 TBox units. Perhaps they have been recalled? Cory?

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

They have not recalled the X1Tbox (at least that I am aware of) - myself and maybe two others currently have the system and are the beta testers.

We have not been able to get the side spin to consistently show up.

I really like the concept so I hope that they can get this fixed sooner than later

I'll make a post as soon as there is some headway.

Cheers,
    Cory

Thanks for clearifying Cory. I hope they get the X1 Tbox sorted! Keep us posted on the progress Cory!

Hey All,

Just a quick note that the upcoming Xi (not Tbox) is set to only connect to mobile devices and not to a computer so it will not be setup as a true simulator (at least that is their plan at this point).

Cheers,
    Cory

That kinda bites for the simulator seekers. Hopefully it changes.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Just read on that website that there will be a limited edition version in early 2013...? http://fsxi.myflightscope.com/#wpcf7-f8-t1-o1

It's under the affordable technology section of that promo and says it will be available at an affordable price. Hmmmm, I've heard rumors of a unit with limited output that will be sub $2k....is that what they're referring to?

While I can't post the price (as per their request to withold information until everything is confirmed), I can say at this point it doesn't appear sub-2k.

Please remember that this will be an analyzer only as it will not connect to a PC.

All that being said, you never know what the final product will feature or be priced at.

Well I was just surprised to see that they are planning on introducing at least 2 different varieties, the Xi and the Xi LE.

I hadn't heard anyone else mention this....any new info on this? Anyone?

Asics
    Cory, I understand you can't disclose pricing information on the Xi, but do you know if it will have club data in addition to ball data? I didn't think it would based on earlier marketing material, but the screenshots for the app seem to indicate that it will. Thanks for any additional info you can share.

Asics
    fyi, flightscope rep said the Xi would not have club data such as path, face angle or AOA. Price to be less than $4k, which I assume means around $3,999. Looks like you have to go with the X2 to get the additional club info.

Asics, would you be kind enough to ask him of this FS Xi LE version and what spec will differ from the regular Xi version?

Thanks!

Asics
    goatbarn, I emailed your inquiry but was given no other information.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Keep in mind that face angle is not measured anyway with 3D Doppler.

Asics
    What is being used to calculate face angle? Is that the case even on trackman? I assume path and AOA is measured, though?

Trackman says that face angle is estimated from the movement of the ball and club before and after impact, which I would assume ball path and maybe club path to be two of these factors. The same for Flightscope.

Club path, speed, and AOA are measured.

I'm hoping maybe the Xi LE displays little to no club data for <$2k. Could be huge if that's the case.

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Any word yet on the X1-Tbox? To my way of thinking this would be the ulitmate in golf sim and game improvement, providing both ball and club data, and allowing for lefty righty play.. and priced more reasonably then the GC2 with HMT.. I hope they can resolve what ever issues are plaguing the system..

Quote Originally Posted by cklguy2013 View Post
    Any word yet on the X1-Tbox? To my way of thinking this would be the ulitmate in golf sim and game improvement, providing both ball and club data, and allowing for lefty righty play.. and priced more reasonably then the GC2 with HMT.. I hope they can resolve what ever issues are plaguing the system..
    Only if it is accurate and can actually measure spin. As well there probably is some club data estimation.

No update on the TBox, still sitting here waiting for the update

Please note that they have no plans to show ANY measured club data - this will strictly show measured ball speed, spin, direction and launch angle.

Hope that helps.
    Cory

Good points Cory!

In the words of Homer Simpson... DOH!!! on the lack of club head data.... oh well guess CG2 it is then, and HMT if funds permit...

Deep pockets ckl. Keep us posted about your purchase. As I mentioned before there may be other launch monitor options in the next year that will compete with the GC2. Details not known but there are some that are being worked on right now.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I'm very happy with my GC2, but won't even consider the HMT as a source for club data at this time (or at the current price). I'll get club data capability at some point, but it will be something else at a lower cost, even if it's not integrated with the GC2.

Deep pockets i wish.. lol.. no it's just that I'm not aware of a better option in the price range which provides accurate ball and club head data, which is why I was hoping the X1-Tbox would come to fruition.. The sim aspect is important from and entertainment standpoint but game improvement is more of a priority for me.. and I hear you and worry about a better option coming along, to the point where sometimes I wonder if it isn't best to just go with the optishot for the time being and wait for that better option to come along.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    just buy a Protee and you will be happy and save money. It seems to be the best out there for the price and accuracy and now you can play online with many of the guys on this forum.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    I'm very happy with my GC2, but won't even consider the HMT as a source for club data at this time (or at the current price). I'll get club data capability at some point, but it will be something else at a lower cost, even if it's not integrated with the GC2.
    I agree with this. I thought it was swingbyte but think the PGA show is going to have a few other options ,

Yes sounds like good advice on capturing swing data ie. not going with the HMT and going with a lower cost option.. Many seem to think such an animal is on its way soon.. I hope they're right.

Pitching Wedge Crusty is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone heard any more news on the release of the X1 Tbox?

After reading this thread (which has been brilliant BTW) I'm now torn between X1 Tbox, GC2 or Protee.
    Different apples for sure but they all have their merits. Aaarggg! If only the GC2 wasn't so $$ especially with it's ad ons.
    Another call to Cory me thinks.

The TBox is not working at this time and there is no estimated date in which they are going to get back to working on fixing it, so I wouldn't spend too much time deliberating on this one.

The questions which will help you narrow down your search between the ProTee and GC2:

1. Will you use this outdoors? GC2 works outdoors, ProTee does not.

2. Will you use this for both left and right handed? GC2 can be, but needs to be moved or a second unit has to be bought. ProTee can use the same sensor for both left and right handed if you have the width (14' to 15' wide); however, if you have a smaller space (let's say 12' wide) you can't add a second sensor to play both left and right handed.

3. Is direct club measurements important to you? ProTee includes measurements of the club's swing path, face angle, and swing speed. The GC2 on its own only measures the ball; however if you add on the HMT, the club measurements are much more detailed (but you have to put stickers on the face of every club).

4. Are a lot of courses important to you? ProTee includes over 94 courses with the base package. GC2 has over 130 courses to choose from (Performance and Entertainment software combined), but are all at additional costs.

5. Are you tech savy? The ProTee takes a little bit of work to setup and calibrate (although there is some great help here on the forum); whereas the GC2 is almost as easy as placing the unit on the floor and hitting.

6. What type of golfers will be playing on the system? ProTee can handle a lot of abuse, but you are hitting off of a sensor pad - higher handicap golfers tend to take more of the turf off of the pad which will either need to be replaced or a different tee / tee holder will need to be used. The GC2 allows you to hit off of any surface, but being placed 18" away from the ball, there are chances the system will get hit with a ball or club. Both systems are susceptible to being damaged by someone spilling a drink on the system.

7. Do you want to be able to hit off of multiple surfaces? You only hit off of one spot with the ProTee system using the surface provided. The GC2 allows you to hit off of almost any type of surface (except for anything white where the camera can't read the ball) so you can use turf, hitting mats, TrueStrike Gel Mats, Rough panels, Divot Action Mats, etc.

8. Do you have light / area restrictions? ProTee requires proper spacing and lighting. GC2 can work in almost any space and light (for example my house has a skylight and a vaulted ceiling in which overhead lights would make the area not look as nice - as we use it for our home theatre as well).

9. Are you going to putt on the system. While both systems can read putts well enough (no simulator is perfect when it comes to putting), ProTee requires a separate putting sensor.

10. Do you want to play on E6 (or the upcoming E6II)? GC2 is NOT integrate with E6 software nor are there any current plans to integrate with it (even though most of us have been asking for it for a long time...). ProTee currently integrates well with E6 software and will be able to be upgraded to E6II when it comes out (for an additional fee of course).

11. Do you want to play online with others? GC2 only has LAN play (which means you can connect it with other computers on your local network); whereas ProTee has full out Online Play where you play against any other ProTee user in the world.

Well, hopefully that helps - but if you have more questions or would like to get your order in on any system, feel free to contact me any time at cory@par2pro.com or toll free - 1-877-417-2161.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

Excellent post Cory. Perhaps bubba22 can put your post somewhere at the top so it doesn't get lost.

Thread Information