CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

Where do you get your golf clothes?

It's almost time and I am in need of some new golf clothes. Know of some good deals or where I should start my search? Ebay? States?

I am waiting on my passport here and I will be making a drive down that way in the next month or so if you have some places I should check out.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    -Golftown only when they have sales.
    -Nevada Bob/Sportcheck during their friends and family event each spring.
    -I bought on ebay once and it turned out good, an Adidas shirt for $40 shipped.
    -Function18.com has high end stuff with daily deals, I bought a gortex jacket.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    I go straight to the PUMA site when they have free shipping and the 60% Off or more sales!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I bought some stuff from http://www.sub70usa.com/ a few weeks ago when they had a 70% off sale, but normally I would just buy clothes from GolfTown. This year I shouldn't have much to buy though, just a pair of shoes probably.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    My girlfriend buys my golf shirts from the PGA stores in the States when she goes there on business.
    I won't mention where I got my rain jackets because that online store is so great that they screwed my order 3 times and sent me 4 jackets instead of 2 jackets.
    I buy some golf shirts at Sears when they have sales.
    I bought my Footjoy rain jacket at Golftown on sale.
    Golf shoes I always buy at Golftown.
    Hats I buy from Golftown.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar
    You can also check Winners. Nike and Adidas shirts should be come out in a couple months though.
    Bite, Bite!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    got most of my travis mathew stuff at GT after christmas at 50% off or on ebay.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    I have used Winners before as they have some good prices but very limited selection.
    The Bay i find to have a good selection when they have their sales on.
    I find that GT is so damn expensive for 90% of their things. I do not think I have bought a single piece of clothing from there, mind you I have not really been there when they have had one of their big sales....

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    -Nevada Bob/Sportcheck during their friends and family event each spring.
    Do you know when this is? and do I have to sign up or anything to get an invite?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I get most of my stuff from GolfSmith and Golf Galaxy clearance racks whenever I'm in the US. I also keep a watch on GolfSmith's sales because they do ship a lot of their stuff to Canada if you know your sizing. When I was in Orlando a few weeks ago I bought 2 pairs of Ecco Casual Cool II shoes at GolfSmith and paid $68 each including tax. Just couldn't say no.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Do you know when this is? and do I have to sign up or anything to get an invite?
    There is usually an ad in the Golf Ads section before the event. Last year was March 23. You could send parbreaker04 a PM.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...ghlight=nevada
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    I have purchased 90% of my stuff from Winners. Dunning, Ian Poulter, Walter Hagen, Nike, and Adidas. You just need to go there a couple of time a week in the spring and you'll come out with something. $20.00 to $29.98 for shirts, $25.00 to $35.00 for pants or $15.00 to $20.00 for shorts.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    +1 for Winners , i find GT too pricey , if you can get down to the states anytime soon to Watertown or Syracuse etc, you'll save big at the outlet stores , worth the drive IMO.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    +1 for Winners , i find GT too pricey , if you can get down to the states anytime soon to Watertown or Syracuse etc, you'll save big at the outlet stores , worth the drive IMO.
    That's what I keep hearing..

I am waiting for my passport and will be making a weekend trip down there.

Any good locations you can recommend?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    That's what I keep hearing..

I am waiting for my passport and will be making a weekend trip down there.
    Any good locations you can recommend?
    Both cities have all the major retail stores , but syracuse has golf galaxy , and close by is the waterloo outlet mall http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet...sting.asp?id=9
    some good deals if you have time to shop around
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Both cities have all the major retail stores , but syracuse has golf galaxy , and close by is the waterloo outlet mall http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet...sting.asp?id=9
    some good deals if you have time to shop around
    Thanks for that link

I will be sure to leave a good couple hours

Sand Wedge Dancer is on a distinguished road
    Hearzy,

Waterloo outlets is by far your best bet. You will go to Puma/Adidas/Nike store and buy shoes for under $30, pants from Ashworth/Nike/Ralph Lauren/J Crew etc for $30 and shirts for even cheaper. I don't own one thing that I haven't bought from there. Save up and take a thick wallet with ya

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Believe it or not, JC Penney in Watertown. I picked up some really nice shorts and shirts a few weeks ago from the PGA Tour Authentic collection.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Let me see... Golfwrx, Toronto Golf Nuts and Ottawa Golf.... Lots of good deal on new stuff....
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Waterloo Outlet Mall is a bit of a drive from Syracuse but well worth the time; you will need a lot more than 2 hours for it. The place is huge!
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Hearzy,

Waterloo outlets is by far your best bet. You will go to Puma/Adidas/Nike store and buy shoes for under $30, pants from Ashworth/Nike/Ralph Lauren/J Crew etc for $30 and shirts for even cheaper. I don't own one thing that I haven't bought from there. Save up and take a thick wallet with ya
    and check out the Under Armour outlet there...i got a bunch of golf shirts from that store

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    If you're a 33 waist, donny's shop! LOL
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    I buy my shoes at Golftown.

As for apparel, I'm a sale rack shopper at Nevada Bobs/Sportchek (they usually have some sweet deals on stuff year round), and Golftown.
    I also like the Waterloo outlet, as I have a small Underarmour addiction, not just for golf, but fitness in general. There are sweet deals to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    If you're a 33 waist, donny's shop! LOL
    I see what you are saying now w/ the post in the other ad's

LOL.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    For clothes, go to the Adidas Outlet in Kingston. Great prices and a few times a year they have 50% off the entire store, and that's 50% the Sale prices.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Winners is probably the best in Ottawa---but you have to keep checking. I have not bought a single thing here in Canada in the last 7 years. Not great for the economy BUT when you can purchase the same article south of the border for 1/4 the price; it's a no brainer. I really don't get it ---the US/Can dollar has been virtually the same for 18 months----------it makes no sense for the large descrepencies.

The PGA superstores and Golf Galaxy are good----there are a few golf liquidators in Hilton Head and Myrtle that are real good------not at all like the ones we see frequent the hotels here.

The only pro shop that has come close to the US prices I have seen is the Canadian
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information