CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

Canadian Tour money list 2011

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/moneylist/?tour=canadian

This is sad. How can these guys survive on those low earnings?

Do they have jobs on days they're not playing on tour? Teaching perhaps? Endorsements probably don't pay much, give them free equipment maybe.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I think most of them have some kind of sponsorship deal which helps with costs but in general the Canadian Tour is a development tour so I don't think most of those guys are playing every tour stop.

Most will, as you say, have to hold another job.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Doesnt seem so bad? The top money winner has made $80K in 10 weeks work.

A few different calculations: If he works 48 weeks a year (4 weeks holiday/sick leave?) like most normal people = $384K

If he only "works" 25 weeks a year (not sure how many Canadian events there are?) = $200K

So that means he makes $200K a year - travel expenses and a caddy (who obviously would makes significantly less as well) + endoresments, or at least free stuff = a pretty good living and 6 months off a year to do whatever he wants.

Bottom line, it is only the 1st week of March and the leading money winner is already closing in on most people's annual salary.

Pretty much anyone in the top 20 is on pace for $50K+ in 25 weeks of work, still leaving them plenty of time to do other things (if they even want to). Some make even more on a per week basis since they have only played 3 or 5 events so far but you get the idea.

I think it sounds pretty good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Doesnt seem so bad? The top money winner has made $80K in 10 weeks work.

A few different calculations: If he works 48 weeks a year (4 weeks holiday/sick leave?) like most normal people = $384K

If he only "works" 25 weeks a year (not sure how many Canadian events there are?) = $200K

So that means he makes $200K a year - travel expenses and a caddy (who obviously would makes significantly less as well) + endoresments, or at least free stuff = a pretty good living and 6 months off a year to do whatever he wants.

Bottom line, it is only the 1st week of March and the leading money winner is already closing in on most people's annual salary.

Pretty much anyone in the top 20 is on pace for $50K+ in 25 weeks of work, still leaving them plenty of time to do other things (if they even want to). Some make even more on a per week basis since they have only played 3 or 5 events so far but you get the idea.

I think it sounds pretty good to me

I think that's the 2011 total. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Ah man! I wasted 5 minutes of my lunch writing that out! LOL

Looks like you are right. In that case, I'm going with JVincent: It's a developmental tour and they all have real jobs

(but I still wouldn't mind working 10 weeks a year for $80K)

Their normal jobs better allow lots of vacation days.... 13 events, 4 days per, that's 52 days of vacation. Even I dont get that!

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Those are the number as of Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:34 PM - which should be for the 2011 season.

Click here for Cantour website - order of merit list

#25 on the Order of Merit list only made 16,758 with 8 events. I don't think this is enough to make a living on.

FYI:

Canadian Tour Qualifying School
    May 8th-11th, 2012

Host Course:
    The Country Club at Soboba Springs

Secondary Course:
    Oak Valley Golf Club

Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Ah man! I wasted 5 minutes of my lunch writing that out! LOL

Looks like you are right. In that case, I'm going with JVincent: It's a developmental tour and they all have real jobs

(but I still wouldn't mind working 10 weeks a year for $80K)
    Keep in mind, that most of these players are playing on multiple tours, State Opens, and playing winter series tours in Arizona and Florida so they are playing year round. i have some friends playing NGA Tour, Egolf and Canadian, along with other events. Usually its all about trying to get to Nationwide and then to PGA as the ultimate goal. Most don't have caddies that travel with them (use local caddies at the host course), and you can lower travel costs by doubling up on rooms, cars, etc. Not too many of these guys are just working 6 months a year, try closer to 11 months of tournament play. Remember "working" includes practice, travel, laundry on the road, and taking care of all of your obligations, tough to make it, I've heard some great stories.

You guys should make the road trip to Smugglers this September for the Great Waterway Classic and see how good these guys really are. Heck enter the Chase the dream series and maybe play your way into the event!!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Pablo, did you book your ticket to Cali yet for qualifying?
    But yea, definitely small purses but what do you expect, it's Canada after all. Can't really be 'professional' until you're on the Nationwide tour and can bring in some decent change.

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Pablo, did you book your ticket to Cali yet for qualifying?
    Nah,,, the purses aren't that great compared to the DenisO purse which I will be raiding this summer

boom!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I only keep about $15 in my change purse at a time anyways, in fear of being mugged in the course parking lot. I'll be playing hard not to lose any of it this year, you're going to have to bring your A game!

Thread Information