+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    i like the trustrike mat. do have the academy.

i was hoping to have it setup to use the tee (on the side of the gel surface) and the gel surface without moving the unit. unfortunately my viewable area on the gc2 doesn't allow for that. i keep it in the same spot and use either a rubber tee cut to the right height and the small rubber tee that allows real tees to be used. i thought i would be disappointed with using a rubber tee and fetching it after my drives but i don't even notice it now. if you go the route of the small rubber tee that allows real tees you just need to tape the tee to the rubber tee if you need to cut it down otherwise it would go flying out of it.

i mentioned on a different post that i was hoping to use the two panels left and two panels right with the academy so i can keep the gc2 on the right side without a stand. it turns out for 6'1 with driver the two panels on the left are not wide enough to hit driver off the gel insert so i moved one of the right panels to the left to have 3 on left and 1 on right. i have a small stand for the unit that butts up against the matt with half the unit on the matt and half on the stand. another aspect i thought i wouldn't like but now don't even notice it.

i haven't putted from the matt since i don't use the sim putting. if you are working on your stroke i would recommend staying away from any simulator's putting and get a putting matt. it's not the gc2 but each of the 4 sims i tested the putting wasn't close to reality and i think it could do more harm to your touch and feel than any good. if someone is just learning the game maybe it will help but then again you probably won't be buying a gc2.

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the info TheGolfer, just one question, the gc2 viewable area would not read because the balls were too far forward and back? Or too much to the left or right of the rectangle? (while looking at the gc2 from the front) I ask you this because truestrike has a steel base for the gc2 that goes right after the driving mat and over the ball tray. You would be able to slide the gc2 which stand on top of it, from left to right (again, looking at the gc2 from the front) it is suppoused to work that way, so I would guess your problem was the ball too far left or right with your setup? It should work if you have your stance area, then the gel section, then the driving section and the ball tray with the gc2 base sliding it sideways, does it make any sense to you?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    TheGolfer did yon ever email truestrike about a replacement strike surface for gel mat?

Strike Area and Gel Sub Base Together

Benefits

The strike surface being replaceable at a minimal cost when worn

I noticed this in the benefits page of their store but no spot to buy surface.

haven't checked into replacement yet. now that weather is changing have moved our practice outdoors mostly so its getting less wear right now.

the viewable area didn't have enough room left and right to use the ts tee and center of the mat. this was initially thought to be problem but i don't even notice it now.

i would be interested in learning more about the steel base from trustrike for the gc2.

Hello The golfer, I will post the picture they sent me, I have been trying to get them to tell me how to order it, no luck, more than 3 emails allready. It would solve that problem for sure, problem is, if they dont tell me how to order it, I cant order it online :-(

GC2 base

Here it is, they tell me you can slide it side to side and it makes no difference to the sim because its only a couple of inches.
    Attached Images

Mmmm how much do Foresight want for a rusty piece of bent metal?

JAJAJA, its not Foresight, its from true strike, they did tell me it was a less expensive and better option than the extra range section as in the academy model.

thanks for the pics

Your welcome!

7 Iron shoot4one is on a distinguished road
    The only piece of my puzzle left is the mat. The Truestrike has to have something like this to work, right? Something to raise the unit up.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Just went over the details of the GC2 Base with True Strike. They say that due to shipping it would cost less to go to a local metals shop and have one fabricated.

I was able to get the CAD drawings to give to the metals shop. If you want them, just email me at cory@par2pro.com and I will send them out to you no charge

Cheers,
    Cory

Lob Wedge tivs31 is on a distinguished road
    Cory is going to kill me, but I actually had my metal shop bend up 6 of them.

If anyone wants one I'll ship them out for cost. The pieces are bent from 16 gauge stainless steel, so they look pretty killer. I'll shoot some pictures tonight and upload it....
    G

curiuos to see the pictures

I'll get pictures with the Truestrike this weekend, as it's still in boxes in my garage. But the measurements seem right ....

That's awesome TIVS!!!

You gotta send me one. Email me at cory@par2pro.com and we can arrange it. Maybe I can help you sell them by putting them on the storefront

Maybe there is other stuff your metal shop can create too!

Cheers,
    Cory

Cory,

Just shot you an email, I'll fore sure send it out, you have been helping me out a ton on my simulator, especially on that last minute size change on the screen.

Let me know your addey and I'll send it out,
    Greg

Awesome - thanks TIVS!!!

I have emailed you my addy and would be happy to cover any of your costs.

Have a great weekend & Happy Golfing everyone!

Tivs
    Any reason you went stainless?
    I know you said cheap but a bit of black or green spray paint on metal would have been cheaper still.

Any pictures of the final set up? The mat is the last piece of my puzzle and I cant decide which to go with.

Also, As suggested before, I was thinking of just getting the gel section replacement and screwing it down by the tabs. Can you turn the section perpindicular to your stance and hit off it ? Its all gel right? The measurements say it is 19 inches wide so the ought to be plent enought room for an impact zone.

Shoot4one
    That may be a good idea for you. The gel insert is not the whole width but should be at least divot width. It may assist with the mat wearing mainly in the middle and requiring replacement carpet top. Will try it for you when I get the chance, going on the real course today to take my mind off the frustration of waiting for the gc2.
    The carpet grain may be lenthways and cause problems.

Given the advice to keep the gc2 stationary and your wish for rough, sand etc how about the same cutout with a realfeel mat that fixes down with a quick release buckle or the like hidden under the turf.

I have had mine about a month now and no time to finish setting it up! I have used it at the course, range, and off my back patio and it seems very accurate. Im ready to put it to action on the big screen and fitting software. Since my room is also a media room I am also thinking of carpeting the whole room and then just cut out and bind the edges for the areas for the hitting zones. As long as the carpet is the same heigth as the others it should double fine as a stance mat, what do you think? I am leaning towards either the Truestrike gel section if I can turn it, put the divot action sand in front and the divot action rough in back. Use like a drawer slider to slide the CG@ foward and aft and you should be good to go. John, at Custom Design golf says he is coming out with a GC2 slide system, but should be easy to duplicate with cabinet hardware. The distnace from screen will change a foot or two but the distance from center will always be the same --- GC2 users, do you see any problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Tivs
    Any reason you went stainless?
    I know you said cheap but a bit of black or green spray paint on metal would have been cheaper still.
    The drawing Cory sent me named stainless, so when I gave it to my shop guys, they just bent it out of stainless, even though I said specifically 16 gauge steel. Either way, saved me a few hours of painting, and it looks amazing.

Pictures will be coming soon enough, my basement is fully primed, with baseboards in, so all we have to do is paint the floor, and get the gc2 system and screen from Cory, and I'm ready to hit some balls!

I'll get pictures with the Truestrike this weekend, as it's still in boxes in my garage. But the measurements seem right ....[/QUOTE]

Hi, To TIVS31 how are you using this base? I think I didn't understand how it would work, it looks like you don't slide the base sideways, instead you would have to first, flip the driving mat section used for the driver so that the tee is closer to the gel section, and then slide the gc2 unit back or forward on top of the base (not sliding the base itself as I thought earlier). So, if this is the case, and the tee is closer to the gel section, how many sections would you need to stand on? 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by shoot4one View Post
    Also, As suggested before, I was thinking of just getting the gel section replacement and screwing it down by the tabs. Can you turn the section perpindicular to your stance and hit off it ? Its all gel right? The measurements say it is 19 inches wide so the ought to be plent enought room for an impact zone.
    little late, sorry about that. not sure how it would work by hitting the gel sideways. technically you can hit it but i would be considered about the through swing down and through the turf hitting the front edge of where it is connected. on mine there is a very minor gap/lip so didn't want to hit it just in case. maybe the club bounces up but i think with the gel it does go down and through a little.

I agree with TheGolfer- would not recommend it.

Lob Wedge JBCarilli is on a distinguished road JBCarilli's Avatar
    GC2 Owner?... GET READY ... DivotAction™ Mat System featuring the PositionTrack™ (Patent Pending)

My company CustomDesignGolf.com is preparing to introduce our DivotAction™ Mat System featuring our NEW PositionTrack™ (Patent Pending)
    GC2 owners (or any portable launch or simulator device) will now be able to utilize multiple DivotAction™ surfaces, Tee, Fairway, First-Cut Rough, Deep Rough and even a SandAction™ device with their GC2 golf simulators.
    What is even more unique is the NEW PositionTrack™ ... A portable track device (to place your GC2 on) that can be taken to and used at the driving range and also can be used at home with your indoor simulator. It is the first device that will allow moving your GC2 (or other portable device) over a wide area to reposition the golf ball over a wide "fresh" turf area.
    For Indoor Golf Simulation and used in conjunction with our DivotAction™ System, you will now be able to replicate hitting golf balls from multiple turf surfaces including sand lies with our SandAction™ (Patent Pending) device.
    So talk about "the game changer" ... well we have it!

AND for those GC2 users who want Right Hand AND Left Hand play???
    YES, our new PositionTrack™ (Patent Pending) will also be available to be used together to have simultaneous RH & LH play!

Please check our web site for updates on these product releases or feel free to call us directly for additional questions about these innovative products!
    Best wishes for your GOLF SWING!

Thread Information