100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road

System for Truestrike Gel mat

You all know I love my truestrike gel mat.

The mat is moved when the home theatre is in use. Acurate club and ball data required. 20 feet from back to screen.

So Protee is out, flightscope out.

I can only see gc2 with HMT or GSA CX5 with and extra trigger cam (when the ball spin data works of course)

Any thoughts?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    GGS CX5 requires a special hitting mat, so your only choice is the GC2.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yep you need something potable. GC2 is your choice.

Cx2 mat can be replaced by a 2nd trigger cam (at $2k extra)

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Cx2 mat can be replaced by a 2nd trigger cam (at $2k extra)
    Yes, that's true, but you can't do that with the CX5. Not yet anyway.

Sorry I meant CX5. Have an email saying it can be done with a second line scan camera. Obviously the spin is an issue for the moment.

Can you pm that email?

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    for indoors i am using the gc2 with the trustrike academy mat. as far as hitting off mats go its good. no issues with the gc2 either. had a soft mat before which i thought was too "spungy".

getting siked to start practicing outdoors again with the weather

trustrike users -

trustrike academy matt working out well with gc2. notice a wear patter on the gel insert forming. being used about 6 days a week.

curuious what others do to reduce the wair and how long they last. I need to start rotating the spot i hit from around the mat which is a large area rather than using the same spot.

Curious what type of lifetime the inserts last and any techniques to extend the life.

Thanks.

Regards,

when I picked mine up from the supplier their demo mat was quite worn.

figure you had to rotate Spot and have done so

surely they have noticed this and you can swap the "carpet" on top

Would email them

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I have a hard time understand how you can be so focused on a hitting mat that you dismiss everything that will not work with the mat!
    Are you also playing the 'foot wedge' out on the course to get the perfect lie every time?

To me it looks like you are working your way backwards into another 'Zelocity' situation!
    I would recommend that you made a list of features that you want and features that you would like to have and then see which simulator/ launch monitors got those features and fits into you budget.
    If you find something where you can use your beloved hitting mat, then good for you.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    I have a hard time understand how you can be so focused on a hitting mat that you dismiss everything that will not work with the mat!
    Are you also playing the 'foot wedge' out on the course to get the perfect lie every time?

To me it looks like you are working your way backwards into another 'Zelocity' situation!
    I would recommend that you made a list of features that you want and features that you would like to have and then see which simulator/ launch monitors got those features and fits into you budget.
    If you find something where you can use your beloved hitting mat, then good for you.
    I hate hitting off mats, and hard sensors pads are right up there with the worst mats. I can fully understand wanting a system that allows you to use your choice of mat.

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    I hate hitting off mats, and hard sensors pads are right up there with the worst mats. I can fully understand wanting a system that allows you to use your choice of mat.
    I think syhlif32 point is that the decision of the mat should not entirely force the decision on the simulator. There are lots of mat options that are great. I have hit from the Trustrike and it is a good mat. I would be just as happy with other mats such as a Fiberbuilt personally, but that is a personal thing. I hate all fake mats but you can't have the real thing indoors so pick your best poison I guesse.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Hi Bubba,

One of the things I find particularly attractive about the camera based systems is getting to pick the mat. At times I can be a bit of a digger and any mat that has an easily reached hard bottom can really punish my wrists. Having a lot of mats in the same place to try is probably the one thing that could get me to go to a golf show/convention.

Once I have the money, I will probably be going the GC2 route. I am happy with just ball information (yes club data would be nice, but I can figure out a bit about the club path and club face by working backwards with the ball flight laws - the inverse of what the club sensor sims do).

One curiousity is how well it would work when hitting balls from turf. If it works well off of turf, then in the warm months I can set up a net in the backyard and get practice off of turf.

Good choice northgolf. The GC2 is very versatile and portable. My advice would be to look at as many sim setups as you can. The choice of mats is nice but personally think hitting from different lies like sand and rough is not that big of a factor. I have always liked the fiberbuilt mats so the Protee is ideal for me. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Just woke up!

Yes all of what Northgolf said.

l did ask all the questions before I bought the Trustrike mat.

l live on 2 acres with lots of grass as well as hard lies. At the same time as the mat I bought an Izzo the Giant 12 foot net which can be moved easily.

These factors are the main reason for the portable LM -not the mat

The cave also has the ps3 and theatre where kids go and I just know that if a sensor mat was on the floor it would be damaged.

Thanks for reminding me of my Z embarrassment. You will see I jumped too quickly and at a time when no one had spoken against it.

l am proceeding slowly but the contenders are a GC2 or X2 at the moment and l am open to further suggestion.

It the Swingbyte gives me reliable club data l will be more than happy with GC2 as I don't want to have to open the garage doors for the X2.

If the Tbox actually works it may be a contender but the only reason it is still in the picture is the reputation of its big brother and Cory doing tests.

CPA why not just get the GC2? I would be a little skeptical about the absolute accuracy of the Swingbyte. Its competitor Pocket pro got in touch with me and they are still testing the reliability of that unit.

Yes Bubba the GC2 is front runner. Just waiting to recover some $ if you know what I mean to justify.

I appreciate the swingbyte is likely to be dodgy but for $135A why not.

Also waiting on Tbox as the concept of behind screen is attractive given it will be protected and just be the flick of a switch.(also appreciate it may be dodgy too)

I see your points. If no rush then wait for sure. It would be nice to get some feedback on the Tbox from a few users however, just to be on the safe side. You know for the most part that the GC2 is good from many users. I am confident that the Flightscope is great outdoors and Patator is a good reference in that light. Just not sure how it will respond indoors. Like you said, get the Zelocity stuff out of the way first. What is the latest on that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Yes Bubba the GC2 is front runner. Just waiting to recover some $ if you know what I mean to justify.

I appreciate the swingbyte is likely to be dodgy but for $135A why not.

Also waiting on Tbox as the concept of behind screen is attractive given it will be protected and just be the flick of a switch.(also appreciate it may be dodgy too)
    hi cpa

sounds like you are trading different systems off each other. before i landed on gc2 and was looking at all different ones i created a spreadsheet with a list of my requirements. then assigned a weight for each one depending if they were high, medium, low importance. then scored each sim i tested along with others i didn't. you can get a weighted score may help identify which one meets your specific requirements.

sound like you are leaning toward gc2 with trustrike. i have both and they perform well.

if you want a copy of the spreadsheet feel free to pm me.

the requirements you can tailor to what is important to you along with the scoring from your perspective.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    CPA: I wasn't trying to embarrassing you about the Zelocity. On the contrary I think it is great that you have put all those posts out there to warn off other potential buyers.
    I understand about the PS3. We got one too. I wasn't worried about breaking the sensor but it wasn't that comfortable having the softer fiberbuilt mat right in the middle. In the end we moved the PS3 to the living room TV.

Lob Wedge tivs31 is on a distinguished road
    Hey golfer, I was curious to know how tall the matt is off the ground and how you work the. Tee and gc2, are you able to just stick a tee in the matt and go to town? Just curious because I haven't seen a ball teed up in their videos or pictures.

Thegolfer has an Acadamy mat (same as me) and the GC2 will sit on the range mat sections next to the ball- no height difference

http://www.truestrike.com/en/store/t...cademy-12.html

Driver off a tee at 0;50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBkvoZpPwU

and while you are listening to the ozzie accent look at his course photos- 365 days a year in this condition http://www.oatlandsgolf.com.au/cms/golf/course-tour/

Lob Wedge tivs31 is on a distinguished road
    I was looking at the same one, but what I wanted to ask is how you tee the ball up on the True Strike mat, I don't see a tee area. Is it just the standard rubber cup tee placed through a hole in the mat? Does the True Strike allow you to use real tees>?

Sorry for not stating the question properly initially.

Quote Originally Posted by tivs31 View Post
    but what I wanted to ask is how you tee the ball up on the True Strike mat, I don't see a tee area. Is it just the standard rubber cup tee placed through a hole in the mat? Does the True Strike allow you to use real tees
    tee hole is in the range mats- rubber cup takes truestrike tees and real tees- the truestrike tees don't come out (There are 2 sizes)

http://www.golflink.com/golf-equipme....aspx?p=768014

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Good morning CPA, so with the academy mat, You can hit of the gel mat and the tee without having to move the GC2? can you hit it off the center of the gel matt and the center of the tee mat without moving the GC2? Thanks for the help.

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    One more question (hope I don't bother you) is the GC2 reading good when you putt from the true strike? does it matter when the ball drops to the ground at the edge of the matt? or do you move everything to putt?

All questions for thegolfer. My gc2 is not in the mail yet.

Sand Wedge geier is on a distinguished road
    I don't have an academy mat, but in my GC2 experience, I can hit the ball off a standard but not Jumbo Ozaki tee and also from the mat fairly close to it. The window on the ground, including the ball on the tee, is about 5"x5". Bigger when you don't have a tee. Moving the GC2 for every shot is not a good option due to azimuth calibration. I hate simulator putting, so have not really tried it.

Andisblue
    I hate putting in real life. Maybe I will like fake putting

Thread Information