100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Krank Drivers

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Krank Drivers

Well, I decided to buy a Krank Rage driver after a lot of research. I have always experimented wiht drivers (OK, irons, wedges and putters too) and my Nickent 4DX is great. I have been on the launch monitor with 4 different drivers and really the Nickent outperformed the rest but realistically my 90-95mph swing speed will never get me the 300 yd drives. My goal was to hit the ideal numbers for my spin rate and launch angle and they were very good numbers. That allows me to maximise my distance or ball speed to swing speed ratio (1.4).

So why try the Krank driver? Well besides the reputation they have in the Long Drive competitions over the last couple of years, the personal touch of the owner Lance Reader helps quite a bit (Google and youtube him). He is a long drive champion who is now focusing his business on developing drivers for the LD boys and for the local hacker to get the most out of their swings. He has an Ebay store and welcomed questions as any good Ebay seller will do. I obliged and to my surprise he asked that I call him instead. I sent him my fitting stats and then we had a conversation.

He would much prefer to have me in front of him for a fitting but instead he had to use the numbers I provided him with to give me his recommendation. OK, you can get that anywhere. I indicated that there is no use in getting fitted for a 10.5 lofted head if the tolerance on the manufacturing means I can end up with a 12.5? He explained that he builds to the exact specifications of the fitting numbers. His expertise in this field and his personal touch leads me to believe that he not only wants new customers but he wants them to love their drivers. He also asked what I was using now, which shaft felt better etc...

I was lucky enough to win one of the Ebay auctions for a new driver and shaft so my new driver is on its way. I will be interested to see exactly how much more distance I get with his head and shaft combo. I tried the same driver but with a 12 degree loft and a senior shaft. The shaft is just not right for me, way to soft at 230cpm and all my drives were left but interestingly enough they were quite long which told me that this head is hot.

I will see how the driver performs head to head with the Nickent on the launch monitor then in April I head to AZ for some golf. I have been a driver ho for some time but now I will take the one that gives me the most distance and control.

Stay tuned for updates as soon as I get the driver.

http://krankgolf.com/

The Krank Rage Black driver
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Cool...

Like to hear how it works for you.

I have a 12* as well as a 3 Wood Black Rage (heads) and not sure what to do with them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I sure will Jim, I re-shafted the 12 degree yesterday with a YS-6+ in R flex and I will see what it gives me on the sim. The senior shaft was just too soft to give me a decent idea of the head.

Do you have LH 3 wood head, if so how much do you sell it for?

Luc
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    curious to see how you like it, i had a 7.5* krank el diablo long drive club that my brother gave me to try out. he was sponsored by them for a short period of time a few years back. really solid feeling club and hot off the face. given the club i had was 7.5* with a XX stiff 50" shaft to get anything out of it i had to swing for the fences so accuracy was always an issue.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

In speaking with the owner Lance, the newest Krank driver was developed from the Diablo and is immensely better. I will have it on Friday so maybe I will be able to get to the indoor sim on the weekend!! He was very big on making sure the driver fit the swing so no need to jump out your shoes!!
    Lefty Lucas

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Sorry Luc, both are Right!

Thread Information